Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib
This is the most memorable book from my childhood spent strip-mining the bookcases. Sat alongside sensible books in a cover meant to grab your attention across a departure lounge was this crime against decency.

It's a fish out of water story except our fish is pure-strain British aristocracy and with the brute righteousness instinctive to that class, simply raises up the sea. There's no room for sympathy as the cast succumb in one thumping setpiece after another, each one a familiar character whose flaws are savagely laid bare in their gruesome demise.
From the gold-digger denied her inheritance by the taxidermised corpse of her husband to the eligible bachelor cheese-grating a bleach filled condom off his chap, this is a book that'll make you laugh until you squirt coffee out of your nose at the terrified man in the window seat.
What I like about this one over Tom Sharpe's more famous Wilt and Porterhouse stories is the way it doesn't so much snipe at British society as cut loose with a bren gun. 14 year old me was nowhere near equipped to deal with this massacre of middle England authority figures and I can only think that I was given it to read by my tired parents in a momentary lapse of judgement.
Anything to keep the kids quiet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU