Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Discussion Quorum posted:

For TX folks, HEB lets you check the entire state at once and it seems to update continuously. If you're going to poopsock and :f5:, it's probably the easiest option.

Got my first dose of Moderna yesterday at one of the drive-through sites in Houston. The whole process took about an hour (including the 15 minute observation period) but was pretty efficient overall. My shoulder was really sore yesterday, but it probably wasn't helped by coming home and immediately having to wrangle a 25lb toddler, who picked the absolute worst day to be sick, off to the doctor.

Approaching 24h now and my arm is just a bit sore and stiff. I'm pretty tired but again, probably because of a sick kid who couldn't sleep last night unless he was being held :smith:

Good luck y'all.

loving HEB. Figures they managed to create a tool that is usable compared to the government.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Space Opera posted:

The AJC is reporting that Kemp will have a press conference at 4:15 today where he's expected to open up GA's vaccines to everyone starting early April.

In 6 days Texas will be open for all adults. Either they have lots of doses about to arrive or it will be a shitstorm for a few weeks here.

Bonus(edit) option: I will be able to walk in, anywhere, to get my vaccine because a large percentage of Texans will just not get the shot...

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Similar experience in DC proper.

Update on how I feel after one round of Moderna: arm is very, very sore and is probably the worst localized reaction I’ve had to a vaccine, including the time when I got three of them and a tetanus shot in one day. That said, the overall pain is like 2/10 so it’s by no means debilitating or concerning. I felt a little tired and run down last night and feel a bit groggy this morning, but otherwise fine. Just to be on the safe side, I’m going to take a nap with my dog after I get done with my meetings this morning.

I'm sure the doctors also recommend a few pets before the nap.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

1st shot on Monday for me and the wife!

Was getting worried when my county declared that they were ending their waitlist, I guess they were right about supply levels in my area.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

SquirrelyPSU posted:

I got the Moderna 2 about an hour and a half ago. I think its perfectly timed just to coast through the weekend. No plans, just gonna lounge.

A lot of people today, way more than when I got the first one. But everyone working it made it run like a ticking clock. Love to see it.

Got my Moderna 2 yesterday.

I think everyone is lying about their reactions. The closest thing I have to a symptom is my hand feels tingly, like it was asleep. Been that way for about 24 hrs now, but it isn't enough for me to think something is wrong, just a very slight "tingle".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

McNally posted:

Moderna 2 is really kicking my rear end. Big angry golf ball in my arm where I got the shot, low fever, body aches.

I don't yearn for death. But I do yearn for sleep, which I can't get except for maybe 20-30 minutes at a time.

I have a theory that people that were NOT exposed and I the virus are having the worst reactions.

Really hating myself for not getting tested for antibodies before the first shot. Both myself and the wife had no symptoms, but “caught a cold” early on in the pandemic. Really wondering if we both had mild cases on f the Rona and that Is why the second Moderna didn’t kill us.