Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Still no luck trying to get an appointment set up for my husband. Neither him or I have been able to find anything despite checking several times a day in central PA. Are there any good updated resources on how to find something?

It doesn't seem like there is a wait-list like in other states. The CVS in my neighborhood started doing vaccines about 2 weeks ago. I'm probably not going to start seriously investigating the issue until I get a phone call or PA gets to Phase 1-C.

https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Vaccine/Pages/Vaccine.aspx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Rakekniven posted:

Update: H.R. 1276 passed the Senate today. They amended it to include eligibility for spouses of veterans, so it got kicked back to the House for them to also approve that amendment.

Vet's currently enrolled in the VA remain the priority (makes sense) but all vets would now be eligible for the vaccine via the VA regardless of VA health care priority level. Spouse priority and availability would be determined later.

I missed your first post on it and this is the first I've heard of it. That rules!

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Lebanon (PA) VA has a sign-up page to get more information as it released. Put my info into the system.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

boop the snoot posted:

Maybe it’s stupid to be bothered by this but reading the DC VA page about vaccines has this:

“Our goal is to offer a COVID-19 vaccine to all Veterans who want one. Legislation is currently going through Congress that if passed, would allow us to offer vaccines to all Veterans, and possibly their caregivers and spouses.”

Congress passing legislation doesn’t make more vaccines appear out of thin air. Either you have them to offer or you don’t, and it shouldn’t take an act of congress to open up vaccines to people.

I personally don't think that its worth getting spun up over, but that's just me.

I only think this is encouraging because I was timelining like the end of July or whatever, and this would probably make it a little sooner.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Mustang posted:

I just got my first Moderna dose at the Seattle VA, they have a really quick and efficient process going.

Honestly I've been pretty pleased with all my interactions with the VA but maybe that's location specific.

My dad speaks very highly of the Nashville VA in general to the point where he doesn't want to move even given Nashville's spike in cost of living. I'm biased by my negative military medical experiences and going to the Norfolk VA with my grandad for meds a few times in my teens, but I don't doubt him necessarily.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

The bill passed both houses of congress via unanimous consent and will head to Biden for signature.

The bill expands vaccination to "all veterans" but I'm not sure how expansive that phrase is. I know a few people with entry level seps. Technically veterans not otherwise eligible for VA care. I'm assuming it covers people with punitive discharges, as well. Does anyone know for sure?

I did some digging through the HR 1276 full-text which refers to the term veteran as defined by Title 38 of the US Code.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/1276/text

Title 38, Part I, Chapter 1, Section 101 posted:

(2)The term “veteran” means a person who served in the active military, naval, or air service, and who was discharged or released therefrom under conditions other than dishonorable.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/38/101

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

brains posted:

any ideas on how this is going to work for those not already enrolled/spouses? got people asking about this and i can't seem to find any hard details about the appointment process

It seems like my local VA (Lebanon, PA) is prepping for an inundation of registrants and already has a sign-up list with a short survey about your likelihood of obtaining a vaccine if offered. Once completed, I received a confirmation email with a note that contact would be made when available. I would visit your local VA website, I would wager there is something similar.

e: As a general note, if you do not know where your local VA location is, link below. They typically have one regional clinic with several outpatient clinics per region.

https://www.va.gov/find-locations/

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Good poo poo.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

PA just announced that everyone will be eligible for vaccines starting 4/19.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Everyone in PA can register starting tomorrow, moved up from next Monday.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2021/04/pa-makes-everyone-available-for-covid-19-vaccine-beginning-tuesday.html

e: Appointment made for my first for Friday afternoon.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Apr 13, 2021

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

32 minutes door to door including the 15 minute observation time.

Very efficient work by the county mass vaccination site. Start the 28 Day timer!

e: The one thing I did want to mention is that the email confirmation asked me to fill out my Prescription Card information, I was asked for my Health Insurance card at the door, and for my prescription card at the check-in desk, so if you have both, bring both. If you don't have insurance, it shouldn't be a big deal and I guess you just have to call ahead to get put in a different bucket? Idgi.

https://www.insurance.pa.gov/coronavirus/Pages/covid-vaccine-faqs.aspx

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Apr 17, 2021

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I got the Moderna 2 about an hour and a half ago. I think its perfectly timed just to coast through the weekend. No plans, just gonna lounge.

A lot of people today, way more than when I got the first one. But everyone working it made it run like a ticking clock. Love to see it.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

5:38 pm (EDT) two weeks out, officially 5G activated LFG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Nobody said anything about a switch

They always get you with the upcharges :smith: