Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: BAGS FLY AT NOON)
Are you a rad suburban dad
No im a city slicker
yes i am a rad suburban dad
goku
Derpies Tuglord
View Results

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
I work at costco, we get three trucks of gas a day. I just fill up there by taking my break before the store opens. I also take my wifes car once a week and fill it because i'm a rad husband too. Also all my yard tools are electric hand me downs from when my in-laws separated. So do whatever gas jerks. Only time it was bad was when Harvey hit and I flew out that morning because my dad was dying. Came back and everything was out of premium for a week for my subaru. But anyway, flying out when a hurricane is landing is not a pleasant experience is what i'm getting at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

A CRAB IRL posted:

What do dad crew think about large pig balls?

They're pretty good, but you wanna see real big balls? Try putting up with my ex for a week!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

A CRAB IRL posted:

What do dad crew think about large pig balls?

I’ll tell you what, those babies are BIG!

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Not a whole lot of gas hoarding idiocy around here, much to my surprise given the chud levels.

Still ain’t going anywhere till we run out of food and/or baby stuff. Got plenty of chores around here to keep me going a long-rear end time.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I’ll tell you what, those babies are BIG!

Whoa nelly! Like basketballs!

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
The only gas issues that upset me are people who grill with gas.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

For clarity. Gas stove = superior. Gas grill = pathetic.gif

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Hey Suburban Dads an inquiry:

Whose tuggin?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Line em up

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Derpies posted:

Hey Suburban Dads an inquiry:

Whose tuggin?

I almost cried when I fond out this isn't a real product.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxDozuzfVuY

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Bonzo posted:

and the mods wanna shut down tugging when we have so much more material to go through

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Derpies posted:

and the mods wanna shut down tugging when we have so much more material to go through

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Bonzo posted:

Tugging... is real.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

It's good that in present day SA tuggin' and burgin' can coexist in peace.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Did some fishin’ today. No tuggin yet.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

gaze on my loin, ye Mighty

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Great work. Rip and tear until it is done.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Delicious murder.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
gonna pressure-cook it until I have carnitas

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Sunday Funday

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Any suburban dad magic potions on how to get an old water water off an old hose? I've tried pipe wrench and about to just Chuck the whole thing and go to home Depot but I don't want to admit failure

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

donkey salami posted:

Any suburban dad magic potions on how to get an old water water off an old hose? I've tried pipe wrench and about to just Chuck the whole thing and go to home Depot but I don't want to admit failure

WD 40 and if that fails some kind of homemade flamethrower

ChineseBuffet
Mar 7, 2003
WD-40 might not be the best for this application. You probably want a penetrating oil like PB Blaster, Liquid Wrench, or Kroil.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

donkey salami posted:

Well I'd go to Home Depot so I can get a new hose and $500 worth of other stuff I don't really need, but it was shiny and I've been on lockdown for 18 months so gently caress it.

That's how I'd fix it.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

ChineseBuffet posted:

WD-40 might not be the best for this application. You probably want a penetrating oil like PB Blaster, Liquid Wrench, or Kroil.

As long as they tug hard enough any lube should work

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Derpies posted:

As long as they tug hard enough any lube should work

I fear I may be speaking sacrilege but I tugged too hard. Took two pipe wrenches too it but the old water wand was so old so it disintegrated.

I was trying to avoid the Home Depot trip just cause I knew I would buy more stuff once I was there. Got out of there with only adding a new chisel set and bought two new sprinklers so pretty good.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
So we fired our chud landscaper a few days ago after he got triggered by my partner’s Bernie shirt and started spouting off a bunch of Trump poo poo and then using the phrase “the coloreds” in his rant. Anyway, hired a new guy and his crew finished our backyard project in a day and half that the other guy was working on for a month.

I spent my afternoon doing one of the suburban dadliest things a feller can do which is set up a poultry fence around the freshly seeded lawn so the drat MUTTS KEEP THEIR PAWS OUTTA IT TILL THE GRASS GROWS BACK IN :argh:

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

donkey salami posted:

I fear I may be speaking sacrilege but I tugged too hard. Took two pipe wrenches too it but the old water wand was so old so it disintegrated.

I was trying to avoid the Home Depot trip just cause I knew I would buy more stuff once I was there. Got out of there with only adding a new chisel set and bought two new sprinklers so pretty good.

I went to the depot and bought a new drill because I smoked mine like a dumbass and they have to unlock it. The associate who unlocked it said OK so is this it for you or do you still need to look around and purchase anything else? I broke out in an intense sweat as I weighed what was right and what was unnecessary.

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!
Well don't keep us in suspense, what did you get? Skilsaw? Planer? Hand router? Angle grinder?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Lol if you don’t already have a skillsaw. He def got a planer

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

*Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor noises*

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Smugworth posted:

*Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor noises*

Sorry he is an ex-burb dad an a narc. He called the cops on me smoking a joint in my backyard.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Lowes doesn't seem lump charcoal anymore

what the hell

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I bought like $80 of plants

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

threelemmings posted:

Well don't keep us in suspense, what did you get? Skilsaw? Planer? Hand router? Angle grinder?

I held strong, mostly. Bought one of those small globe LED flashlights hanging at checkout.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

The $600 generator I bought two months ago is safe and sound in the box, unopened.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

neato burrito posted:

The $600 generator I bought two months ago is safe and sound in the box, unopened.

:same:

Well, actually it’s opened but in no way prepared for use in an emergency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KTS
Jun 22, 2004

I wax my rocket every day!
Any other poker dads around?
Got a pretty decent payout when I changed jobs earlier this year and bought myself a new set of chips and a new poker table.

Now I get to play (the game of trying to organise a time when all my mates are free between work and family)