Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: BAGS FLY AT NOON)
Are you a rad suburban dad
No im a city slicker
yes i am a rad suburban dad
goku
Derpies Tuglord
View Results

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Pubes still dark, everything ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.

ProperGanderPusher posted:

My little girl arrived earlier this week. As much as I look forward to the days beyond the larval stage, it’s a great feeling when she’s fussing until you take her from mom and rock her and she looks up at you with a goofy grin. :kimchi:

Grats on dadding :cheers: how many ya'll reckon you want
Me I have one she's 4 yo and she's the cutest thing ever made and a terrible force that can shriek through walls

I got a vasectomy 2 months ago and no regrets hehe

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Pubes still dark, everything ok.

I was you just a year ago

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Derpies posted:

No we don't but our wives keep buying them for us

I have a large selection of beard oil and beard shampoo and I have never, not once, bought either beard oil or beard shampoo myself

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

I'm 41 and still growing facial hair like a Polish grandmother. I'd have wicked muttonchops or maybe a starburns thing if I could pull it off.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Do we have an excel dad here? We need to have all our various dad subtypes organized and split so I can remember what kind of dad everyone is and whose a rad uncle and what not so I can keep the gimmicks straight.

I need someone else to do it though because I'm a Middle Management Suburban Dad so am functionally useless.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Derpies posted:

In bear talk what other dad's are getting their silver fox beard stripes?

Oh yeah baby, it’s comin in fast and furious

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Post your unflattering angle silver beard selfies!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I got the Honest Amish beard oil a while back as a gift and in was actually using it because it smelled fantastic but then forgot about it. I found the can recently when I was cleaning out my drawer in the bathroom and it had…degraded… so I threw it out.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

I’ve been thinking about getting a Big Green Egg.

Any of you tried one yet? What are you thoughts on it?

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Steakandchips posted:

I’ve been thinking about getting a Big Green Egg.

Any of you tried one yet? What are you thoughts on it?

My friend has one and its great.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
I had no desire for one until I guy I know took the top bit off and used it as a tandoor oven

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

Derpies posted:

My friend has one and its great.

Look at this guy with his friends.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
got the workshop sump pump replaced just in time for today's heavy-rear end rain.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Into The Mild posted:

Do you suburban dads use beard oils?

oh, I generate my own

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Check out my back yard right now:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Well them dogs done tore it all to hell, didn't they?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

Well them dogs done tore it all to hell, didn't they?

I left em outside for a few while I went to have a tug and that’s what I came back to!

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Check out my back yard right now:

Your dogs have some powerful pee

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I left em outside for a few while I went to have a tug and that’s what I came back to!

We've all been there

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

tripwood posted:

Grats on dadding :cheers: how many ya'll reckon you want
Me I have one she's 4 yo and she's the cutest thing ever made and a terrible force that can shriek through walls

I got a vasectomy 2 months ago and no regrets hehe

At least one more. Possibly two. We’ll see.

In re facial hair chat: I’ve been rocking the Flanders mustache since last November after losing enough weight around my face. Before that I had a beard throughout most of my 20’s and it always made me look homeless, even if it did a good job masking my turkey neck.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

ProperGanderPusher posted:

At least one more. Possibly two. We’ll see.

In re facial hair chat: I’ve been rocking the Flanders mustache since last November after losing enough weight around my face. Before that I had a beard throughout most of my 20’s and it always made me look homeless, even if it did a good job masking my turkey neck.

Mustaches are a firm DAD ONLY thing in the 2qst century

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I live in the 'burbs.

I don't have any kids or a long term relationship (ended during covid).

I pay some guy to mow my lawn because I don't want to loving do it and it's only like 30 bucks a month.

My brother just had a little babby though so I'm an uncle. He lives nearby and i walk over and see him a couple times a week.

I also don't really have any interest in smoking meat or cooking on a grill.

I'm going to buy that little guy so many fun toys.

Any room for rad suburban uncles?

I do smoke the weed and hang out with other suburban "men" (one is a dad) on the weekend a few times a month. Now that my brother has tasted the poison of having a child the ladies in our circle are stepping on each other to be next.

It's only a matter of time until all my friends become dads and we can't hang out every other weekend anymore.

I spit on your grave suburban dads.

Please invite me over for BBQ though it's really good and i like to see your families in a non-creepy way.

See I got like a love hate thing with 'burb daddies.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 07:26 on May 5, 2021

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Got another mow in yesterday over lunch. Need something exciting to break up the monotony of working from home, you know?

Getting a little antsy about cranking the deck up higher to let the grass grow out a bit. It's lovely at 2", but it would be lush at 3.5". Plus, summer is around the corner so gotta beef the lawn up. Decisions, decisions.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Wendigee posted:

It's only a matter of time until all my friends become dads and we can't hang out every other weekend anymore.

we can still hang in the yard all day but you gotta be able to handle a little shrieking, stricter meal times and maybe help me chop wood or something so the wife doesn't think this is just day-drinking

brunch-bbq-beer from 10am to 6pm, get dad-drunk and go to bed at 7pm same time as the kids is the perfect sunday

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

tripwood posted:

we can still hang in the yard all day but you gotta be able to handle a little shrieking, stricter meal times and maybe help me chop wood or something so the wife doesn't think this is just day-drinking

brunch-bbq-beer from 10am to 6pm, get dad-drunk and go to bed at 7pm same time as the kids is the perfect sunday

Well.... okay!

I think once the little munchkin isn't 6 months old anymore things will get easier. Parents are super busy right now and the little guy wakes up every 3 hours so they are not sleeping lol.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

found this little fellow yesterday

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Wendigee posted:

Well.... okay!

I think once the little munchkin isn't 6 months old anymore things will get easier. Parents are super busy right now and the little guy wakes up every 3 hours so they are not sleeping lol.

You will see them in 3.5-4 years

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Derpies posted:

You will see them in 3.5-4 years

:hmmyes:

And that’s provided they don’t go overboard and happily become the “welp we have kids now so our own lives are forfeit it’s been fun lol” and they literally never do anything that isn’t family oriented ever again.

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

Can the sequel thread be named Rad Dad: Redemption?

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Any other dads feeling the siren call to join a softball team?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

No

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Rounders?

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

you must not be old enough then

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

Derpies posted:

Any other dads feeling the siren call to join a softball team?

I tried and it sucked so much poo poo softball is boring as hell and full of macho assholes
I play tennis its much more fun. Its a gentledad sport. :monocle:

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Wendigee posted:

I live in the 'burbs.

I don't have any kids or a long term relationship (ended during covid).

I pay some guy to mow my lawn because I don't want to loving do it and it's only like 30 bucks a month.

My brother just had a little babby though so I'm an uncle. He lives nearby and i walk over and see him a couple times a week.

I also don't really have any interest in smoking meat or cooking on a grill.

I'm going to buy that little guy so many fun toys.

Any room for rad suburban uncles?

I do smoke the weed and hang out with other suburban "men" (one is a dad) on the weekend a few times a month. Now that my brother has tasted the poison of having a child the ladies in our circle are stepping on each other to be next.

I spit on your grave suburban dads.

Please invite me over for BBQ though it's really good and i like to see your families in a non-creepy way.

See I got like a love hate thing with 'burb daddies.

Rad Uncle Crew, Say Whaaaaa

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I got the Honest Amish beard oil a while back as a gift and in was actually using it because it smelled fantastic but then forgot about it. I found the can recently when I was cleaning out my drawer in the bathroom and it had…degraded… so I threw it out.

their heavy grit beard balm, I swear by. it shapes and holds most all day

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

blight rhino posted:

their heavy grit beard balm, I swear by. it shapes and holds most all day

I’m keeping my poo poo short and tidy for summer now (it also helps hide the greys) but I’ll check it out once long beard season rolls around again.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I went down to a 3 guard from a 4 on the old beard for the summer

Literally old beard

Wife asked me if I should start coloring it since it's so gray

What the gently caress lady? I look distinguished

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Smugworth posted:

I went down to a 3 guard from a 4 on the old beard for the summer

Literally old beard

Wife asked me if I should start coloring it since it's so gray

What the gently caress lady? I look distinguished

I am greying exactly like 2012 presidential run Mitt Romney which is fitting given im a Utard