Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: BAGS FLY AT NOON)
Are you a rad suburban dad
No im a city slicker
yes i am a rad suburban dad
goku
Derpies Tuglord
View Results

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Me, my uncle, and my dad just built part of a shed. I say part of, because my uncle messed up the ridge board that should connect the shed to the back of the garage and let us put a couple valley so that the rain runs off it and it doesn't leak but also maximizing storage space. Dang thing was so bent, I'm surprised the board didn't snap. Had to redo all the rafters to try and straighten the thing out. Uncle's trying to do everything from memory, and let me tell you, sometimes you gotta do a little math. There's numbers on that tape measure for a reason.

Uncle thought we'd be done by 3 pm last Saturday, and here we are a week later with no shed, just okay framing and a botched roof that I'm still not sure is right. Dang thing is probably gonna sit there all summer, too, cause it's too hot to work, but damned if I'm gonna pay a guy to do work I could do myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Bought a Squier Classic Vibe '70s Jazz Bass last week. It's very fun to play, kinda like if you made the drums a string instrument. A bit weird that it's so much easier to play standing than sitting, but it feels comfortable in a way that guitar never did.

Understandably, I am terrible at it right now, as I've only been at it for a week, and some of my left hand's fingers aren't strong enough yet so I get a terrible buzz using them, but I like how that aspect is self-correcting. Sounds bad? Press harder until it doesn't. Fingers won't reach across the frets? Keep stretching when you practice, and then they will.

I don't need a second bass for at least a year, but nevertheless, it's fun looking on AliBaba for weird cheapo ones that would probably sound terrible. For example, https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Weifang-Rebon-4-string-axe-electric_60834875278.html?spm=a2700.details.0.0.73493084cG1KSe