Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: BAGS FLY AT NOON)
Are you a rad suburban dad
No im a city slicker
yes i am a rad suburban dad
goku
Derpies Tuglord
View Results

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

I put off yard work today even though it was nice out. Also curious what sale
Price is for the home on my street that was listed a week ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

neato burrito posted:

Shout out to all my fellow former candy kid raver dads.

Hell yeah! I’m happy2Bhardcore too!!

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

youre dick posted:

you fit right in

That’s why I moved to the suburbs. That and decent public schools.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Derpies posted:

Taco night with suburbs dad derpies

And you claim to be daddy pig with a paltry four tacos on a plate?

Next thing you’ll say is that you don’t even own a dad robe to shamble outside in hungover on weekend mornings because you can’t smoke in your house.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

I’m going to run errands wearing black socks and my camo cargo shorts.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

The HOA is anathema to the Rad Suburban Dad.

I think if we really considered it, it’d be the hipster condo HOA chair looking to annex land at the entrance to your sub. Sir I drive to Starbucks not walk to one thank you very much.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Tuesday night is ok for rad dads to have a beer, two days done, but really more like half because friday doesn’t count.

On a more serious note I have a dryer repair guy coming Thursday, because using the laundromat is not rad.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Derpies posted:

Have you tried kicking the dryer? Worked on my old one for about 18 months.

Sadly I’ve tried the ol’ “technical tap”. It still blows air, and therefore dries clothes just.... slowly. But the wife thinks 4 hours is not an acceptable cycle time for a dryer.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Did you clean out the vent hose?

I checked the air flow on the outside and it’s throwing out air like crazy. Suburban dad tip: be careful checking dryer hoods outside because some wasps made a nest in mine last year!

It’s probably either the thermostat or heating element, but I lost my dadly multimeter cables so I can’t check myself. Good excuse to order more tools though!

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Halloween Liker posted:

gently caress off my lawn and gently caress off knocking on my door.

:hmmyes:

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

I’m not about to hate on Weber grills, but there’s two grills
That cover all
Suburban needs.

Blackstone and a rectec pellet grill. Nuff said

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Well dads, my suburban pad needs a new deck. Any rad things I should think about adding to it?

Going to extend it out from the house by 50%, the wife wants stairs with a landing half way before turning, and some kind of covering over half of it.

Was thinking of having two stairs coming off the landing, maybe.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

ProperGanderPusher posted:

Just bought my first house two months ago in a chuddy Georgia suburb after living in studios in SF for ten years. Zero regrets. I also have a baby daughter in the way in a few weeks. I look forward to daddom and have been bracing myself for what lies ahead.

Previous owner planted a Japanese maple and azalea bushes which I’ve been enjoying when standing outside in the morning in my white tube socks and flip flops while holding my giant mug of coffee gifted to me by the agent who helped me buy the place.

Been shopping around for a good smoker and wondering if I should splurge on a Traeger. Wish I was handy enough to build my own.

Splurge slightly less and get a rectec.

Yesterday I hit up some classic suburban das stores: target, academy, Home Depot, target again, and Walmart to cap it off.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

As a good suburban dad I’m in the middle of watching Ken Burns Baseball and I take great offense to this. I mean not as much as if you came on my property, but if I want an explanation of cricket I’ll ask the guys at the Indian place while picking up takeout.

In yard news I now own a gas powered weed wacker, really makes the electric one look like crap.

And I’m a M40 just for men dyer now. Need a touch up, gets too obvious when I take my mask off now at work on zoom.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Suburban dad question (urbs won’t understand): How many 5 gallon gas cans in your garage is too many? Only at 1 right now, and am thinking with pipeline crap causing lines today I should up that to a solid 10.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Went out at lunch and scored the last 5 gallon can at Autozone, and was able to fill it! I’ll reward myself with some beer, just like yesterday.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Bucnasti posted:

Today I started filling my first mason jar with random screws and bolts.

:hmmyes:

Now go to the next tier and add some drywall anchors.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Smugworth posted:

Hi dads
I need to mow, but it's been drizzling all day
I need a heat gun big enough to dry off my lawn without scorching it, do I go with DeWalt, Makita, or Milwaukee?

Serious post: had to get a repair for a dewalt jump starter/tire inflator and it was a gigantic pain in the rear end. Got a new one out of it, but customer service sucked

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Finally mowed lawn after taking a month to get the major tree section that fell in windstorms cleaned up.

Not sure on electric chainsaws, but Stihl farm boss is a solid recommend.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

KTS posted:

Lawnmower died on me over the weekend half way through, ended up buying myself a nice Ryobi 36v battery mower to replace it. So much easier to do the lawns now, no more loving around with oil changes/spark plugs/filters. Bonus is it's super light to push around and the handle height is adjustable so the 7yo is bugging me to show him how to use it.

Put them to work, it is the way.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Smugworth posted:

Look all I'm saying is Ron Popeil and those Traeger guys might be on to something...

Rectec here.

Gotta fix the thermal probe then I’m gonna make some loving Kafta. With tortillas seems most suburban.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Smugworth posted:

I been blowtorching wasps all weekend brü

MAP or Propane?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Didn’t put up the decorations this year outside, BUT I did plug in the icicle lights I left up. Best icicle lights on the block so gonna chalk that up for a W (because wife picked them.)