Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: BAGS FLY AT NOON)
Are you a rad suburban dad
No im a city slicker
yes i am a rad suburban dad
goku
Derpies Tuglord
View Results

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

I don't have any real life friends that play video games besides my kids, and they only want to play Roblox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

Shout out to all my fellow former candy kid raver dads.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Hmm, plants I planted last year all probably died due to Texas icestorm, but going to try and bring them back anyway. Also the irrigation system is just bubbling and flooding the lawn now. Sound like a good weekend project for me, should only take a couple hours.

My rosemary, all gone 😭

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

Derpies posted:

Mine will always be on one of the 3 or 4 NPR stations we pick up

Whenever I'm in the car listening to Fresh Air and they name the credits at the end; I'll alway say "Briger please" out loud to myself when they list Sam Briger.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

The Grammys are on and I don't recognize anyone!?!?! And why isn't Ellen hosting?

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

Super Waffle posted:

I plan on proposing to my girlfriend in the next couple of months, I hope to soon realize my dream of being a suburban dad :unsmith:

May your cargo shorts be roomy and your New Balances remain grass stain free.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

FYI: Samsung appliances are pig poo poo, they make good phones but a two year old dryer had two heating elements go out within a year of each other.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

Couch cushion raisins are the best raisins.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

Ralph Hurley posted:

It could still use some professional work on the frets, the strings buzz a lot but more likely the problem is I suck at bass.

Fret buzz is entirely caused by parts of the guitar not hitting each other the correct way, not technique. Take it to a luthier for a full setup and you'll be amazed at the difference. Congratulations on actually finishing your project though; you have pleased your fallen ancestors.

neato burrito fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Mar 20, 2021

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

Old Smokey grills look pretty well reviewed and moderately priced, never used one though.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

Just bought a pedalboard, multi port power supply and loop pedal for my guitar stuff collection. I can't wait to use it for a few days and never touch it again (see wah pedal for a similar situation). Although with a proper board set up I'll have everything in one place finally.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

I used to care about my lawn when the house was new, but between my neighbors that let everything grow wild (some weeds are a couple of feet tall in their backyard) and the empty weed filled field behind our street I just said gently caress it and keep everything mowed as short as possible so at least the weeds blend into the grass.

Aunt Teefa posted:

*is pretty much high all the time*

My man, mowing the grass high makes it fun! :whatup:

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

Thrifty dads keep that 2008 Toyota Camry going as long as possible. It's been paid off for three years already!

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

Brewmaster posted:

How did you rad dads survive newborns?

Because I'm 6 weeks in and I seriously want to kill myself.

Smooth seas don't make strong sailors. Or something like that, I'm trying to be supportive.

Also: TODAY'S THE DAY BOYS, MULCH ON SALE FIVE FOR TEN BUX AT HOME DEPOT

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

I learned how to bunny hop on my MTB today, it feels good man. Thanks, Youtube!

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

Ralph Hurley posted:

I wonder how many hours a day the average suburban chud spends fantasizing about finally getting their chance to shoot someone.

One of my favorite comics calls that "paranoid optimism." I think that's an amazingly accurate phrase.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

Listening to death metal while picking up curbside groceries in my minivan is pretty Rad Suburban Dad. Especially because I lower the volume after opening the back door because I don't want to be obnoxious.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

Empty Sandwich posted:

same except Wu-Tang

what kinda van?

2016 Toyota Sienna I bought used with a sensible 40Kish miles already on it. It's holding steady, I also have a 2009 Camry with 145K miles on it. It's been paid off for four years now, CREAM.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

Bonzo posted:

Anyone else have a special pair of readers for gaming? Just me?

I think you need to make a Rad Suburban Grandad thread for that.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

A CRAB IRL posted:

You're not thinking dadly there. You need a "best price point to performance" home build in a really plain case that you've spent 8 months researching.

You get the gently caress out of my head right now.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

I'm just going to have to admit that my favorite cargo shorts just don't fit me any more.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

Holding back on a full force piss stream so I can lengthen the time I get in the restroom.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

Both of my daughters find farts hilarious so I know I'm doing something right. My wife will laugh half of the time, or hit me the other half. It's a matter of context.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Mine will sometimes fart back at me, that’s how you know it’s love

My older one will run across these room just to fart directly on me.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

You wanna kill a whole wasp nest / ant colony dead as gently caress in mere seconds from 15 feet away? This is the good poo poo. Liquid death, and it also works as an aggressive dog deterrent.

https://rainbowtech.net/products/telco-power-wasp-ant-spray/

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

I'm 41 and still growing facial hair like a Polish grandmother. I'd have wicked muttonchops or maybe a starburns thing if I could pull it off.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

lol if you measure torque with a device instead of just feeling it out like a real man.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

Delicious murder.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

The $600 generator I bought two months ago is safe and sound in the box, unopened.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

Derpies posted:

Headed on a suburban dad trip to Mexico, do they have lawns down there?

No but you can buy lots of drugs there so you quit worrying about your lawn and realize that nothing really matters.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

Flame kissed :discourse:

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

Went to my brother in law's new place over the weekend, and was introduced to the amazing technology that is a pellet smoker. After some research it appears that there is (of course) strong opinions about the manliness of using one of these. After eating a poo poo ton of delicious and perfectly smoked meat I can firmly say, gently caress the haters; that meat was loving awesome. I don't like to play the "I'm from Texas and I know smoked meats" card too often but I'm throwing it down in this case. Pellet smokers are the tits.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

Two and a half hours worth of children's dance recitals for me tonight. F a cold one for me dadbros.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

As usual, the promised Father's Day beej never materialized :shrug:

The rest of the day was excellent though.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

Does anyone else fart a lot but it almost never stinks? Sometimes I answer my wife's stupid questions with a fart.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

I'm the dad that's smug about not being on my phone when I take my kids to the playground.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

Leave white socks AND your New Balances on. The good ones though, not the lawn mowing ones.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

Bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers, bacon wrapped hot dogs, bacon wrapped asparagus, bacon wrapped fried cheese and maybe some nice vanilla ice cream for dessert.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

Dads. Bag it or mulch it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

Derpies posted:

We did astroturf in the backyard last year and boy howdy that stuff is like the inside of a star when it’s been in the sun all day

You turfin'?