Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

a kitten posted:

More recently (but still a number of years back), i started to notice that any UFO in Japanese pop culture was the same UFO: a saucer with a dome, and three orbs on the bottom. I couldn't figure out how to explore that notion so it was mostly just a "huh, that's weird/neat" thing i forgot about. Then a few weeks back youtube offered me the solution. Thanks algorithm.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Oh poo poo that was a great video.

Yeah hey so the guy who made this, Nick Robinson, was fired from Polygon in 2017 for using his position as a games journalist to sexually harass women in and around the games industry, both colleagues and fans

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/08/polygon-parts-ways-with-nick-robinson-following-twitter-claims/

He seems to have landed on his feet just fine and his reputation hasn't really followed him, based on how often this happens: https://thehardtimes.net/harddrive/gamer-disgusted-to-discover-they-just-watched-nick-robinson-video/

Veib has a new favorite as of 19:00 on Mar 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The Fallout 76 take on Mothman is more moth than man and as such is adorable because moths are cuties and anyone who disagrees with that is wrong.

I used to agree until a moth violated my personal space and got right up on my face while I was taking a shower, it was awful and I hate them now

Without my glasses it took me a bit to register what exactly I was dealing with, and being wet and naked on top of that made me feel extra vulnerable and basically meant I had the dumbest fight-or-flight moment imaginable

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Videos of koalas fighting are crazy because they sound like loving demons

Like if I heard that poo poo at night and somebody told me it was a drop bear, I'd be too scared to not believe it