Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

EasilyConfused posted:

Thanks to whoever bought me this kickass avatar!

:tipshat:

e: well, that snipe loving sucked, so let me point you to an archived version of one of my favorite bits of internet wackadooery: The Beatles Never Existed.

"There is an ever-increasing amount of evidence and information that this "superstar" rock group was produced by recurring techniques known as Human Simulacra as well as Clones, Organic Robotoids and Synthetic Humans."

since I'm correcting a snipe, I'm not going to make an effort post, but I have always loved the fact that there's just something about the Beatles that trips a very weird breaker in a certain sort of brain

Pastry of the Year has a new favorite as of 13:19 on Mar 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Iron Crowned posted:

It's well known that Paul was killed in a car crash and replaced with an impersonator who had been known previously as Billy Shears.

My dad recorded an old program from the radio about the whole Paul is Dead thing at some point. It was really fascinating. I still have the tape somewhere, but I don't have anything to play it on anymore :(

This fun little page goes from "Paul somehow wouldn't 'get w/ the program,' wouldn't quit, & was eliminated" to "On October 9, 1979 Carter robotoid No. 18 was scheduled to hold a news conference" before you know it.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Clones, Synthetics, Organic Robotoids and Doubles

C3a.

How the memory of a person is transferred for the organic robotoids

In order to successfully make human organic robotoids --in a sense to make bionic robots-- the ability to simulate the personality of the person being copied was necessary.

The only viable solution was to learn how the brain coded memory and duplicate that process. The brain is entering into its memory about 10 million bits of information a second. The incredible storage capability of the human brain which weighs on the average 3.25 lbs in human males and 2.9 lbs in human females is incredible.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

nonathlon posted:

I suspect this happens a lot. A lot of paranormal or Fortran tales seem to get picked up

watch out for the chupacobol

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Clear your calendars, people!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

It reminded me a lot about Indigo Children, but the origins are way more hilarious. Origin spoiler It was from a Daria fanfiction that someone on above top secret thought was real

:lmao: I cannot believe this is an actual true sentence.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

remusclaw posted:

Blake Smith of Monstertalk, which is a great Cryptid pod, and Jeb Card, archaeologist, do a side project pod called In Research Of, which is an episode by episode review and discuss show about in Search of. Its really good and I recommend it.

I'm looking forward to dipping in and trying out some episodes. They're only five away from Animal ESP!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Can confirm that Department of Truth is a good comic for conspiracy heads. It's a slowish burn, which is frustrating, but someone coming at it fresh and with a chunk of issues to read will like it.

Trouble is that extra-textual question: is this a limited series with a finite end in mind, or...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Beachcomber posted:

Bigfoot and yeti love the snow.

I seem to remember a Spider-Man short on The Electric Company about a million years ago in which he caught a yeti that was loose in town by lining up a series of ice cream cones on the sidewalk. Because the yeti was used to walking on snow, he dutifully stomped on the trail of cones right into the trap.

So that is canon :proof: