Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

Alias: Jaye Smith <Sheet Link> TBD: Health & Retcon

Background: Performer

Jaye has always wanted to be more than their average, hum-drum home life would seem to entail. Movies and fiction captured their imagination more than anything, and when their gradeschool started offering actual acting events, they quickly became a regular feature at performances, the spotlight encouraging a striking change from their in-person shyness and ability to be overlooked.

Power Source: Accident

Jaye doesn't know what happened, but knows they started having 'daydreams' about alternate versions of popular movies and shows. Different endings, different leads, odd genres. Initially these would just become personal fanfic exercises, but they soon began to bleed over into real life. Jaye might use the wrong catchphrase for a popular movie, or be confused about where the climax took place (Jaye once swore up and down there was a better director's cut of that android bounty hunter move, though could never find it.) Things culminated over one summer when the storylines and characters started taking up the majority of their thoughts and attention. Lack of sleep, disinterest in the outside world, almost like they had become addicted to these alternate movies in their head. The tones of Jaye's 'creations' became much darker - like a grittier version of the real world. This content obsession took its toll, an extreme fever causing quite the scare and causing Jaye to be hospitalized for two weeks.

Archetype: Form Changer

Jaye's parents will describe the multitude of references, lines, and characters Jaye would slip in and out of during their delirium. Until the fever was brought down, they said it was like Jaye was channeling a streaming service of an imaginary broadcaster, flipping channels back and forth randomly, though Jaye's father noted there was always something a little off with the characters (He remembers that raging boxer character having his birthmark on his other cheek, for instance.)

Unbeknownst to Jaye - these alternate fictions are actually slipping in from the other America. Jaye isn't just imagining them whole cloth. (Playing with the idea of taking Otherworldly Info Pop Culture to represent pop-culture knowledge of the other dimension, and the Principle of Exorcism to give them a chance to recognize otherworld pop culture/brands. I was having a hard time coming up with a Esoteric Principle, hopefully this works. If not, I'll probably use my Retcon to change it)

Personality: Nurturing

Jaye both loves and fears the spotlight, and when in a group, will tend to try and be a supportive player in the production or event. This carries through to their peer relationships, starting from the simple effort of entertainment suggestions to their friend (I think you'd enjoy...), to now being willing to wingperson just about any situation or role for someone, if given the right notes.

Time: Wed/Thur both work for me currently.

Pausing here for feedback and corrections.

Barbed Tongues fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Mar 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU