Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
A pigeon pooped on me while I was in Venice. We were using a camping hostel situation on a nearby island so I wound up throwing that shirt away and buying a new one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Mods please change my name to bacchanalian milk lust tia

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

laserghost posted:

Some years ago, one day, on early morning, I was walking to my morning train to my lovely mall cop job, when suddenly a headache hit me so bad, I actually loving grabbed my head like I was physically hit. The pain was incredible, and located somewhere in right temple. Persisting, I went aboard the train. After 10 minutes, the pain was starting to become so unbearingly bad, I started asking other passengers if somebody has any painkillers. Nobody had, it was really early in the morning and we were outside the larger towns. So I got out on my station, and started slowly walking towards the mall where I was working, thinking how I am going to survive next 15 hours. The moment I approached the final road crossing to the mall, I poo poo you not, I heard a quiet "pop" in my head, and the pain just went away in a moment, surprisingly not ending with me having apoplexia and being paralyzed for rest of my life.

I never had a similar headache since, but I am afraid that someday it will come back, or what that "pop" actually was.

Brain worm working its way in obv

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

PinheadSlim posted:

I just thought of an embarrassing one about myself.

I was riding my bike home from school, around 13 years old, with my 8 year old little brother standing on the pegs holding onto me. Part of the route home is a big steep hill, and right at the bottom is a 4 way intersection. Well I've taken this route a million times before and never had a problem, but this was the first time I'd done it with a passenger. I went down the hill and gained a bunch of speed, me and my brother were having a blast. I started trying to brake but the added weight of my brother made them less effective than I was used to, and I couldn't stop in time. I was still going kinda fast when I hit the bottom of the hill and speed into the intersection. There was a car there, but it was slowly rolling over the crosswalk and I slammed into the front-left tire. My brother flew over me and bounced off the hood, and luckily got back up real quick. I sort of slid forward into my handlebars and knocked the wind out of myself. I looked up and the car was full of 20 something blonde girls laughing their asses off at the two kids who just creamed it against their car.

It could have ended way worse but instead all that got hurt at all was my pride

Similar story: I was barreling down a big hill on my bike when I was 11-12 or so, listening to a cassette of Filter (walkmans were better for bike riding because they didn't skip) and I lost control and careened into a mailbox. Luckily it was an old abandoned wooden one that was rotted as poo poo and gave way with little resistance so I walked away with scrapes and bruises and not broken bones. The moment of fear when I realized I was going to hit the mailbox engrained the moment into my brain real good though. I was pedaling as fast as I could with all my weight in top gear down this steep hill

(the walkman survived, headphones vanished tho)

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I have the same first and last name as vilerat (there are lots of us)

also Das Boo's story is loving nuts

Revins fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Mar 8, 2021