Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/DailyMK4/status/1361883220103593987

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Couldn’t get today’s pic?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

put the simpons beat em up and every beat em up cabinet in the trash, the genre is garbage! die!

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
I've seen those at various cons, but never actually checked what game was in them.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Caithness posted:

I've seen those at various cons, but never actually checked what game was in them.

there's no game inside, those are japanese hotel rooms

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

herculon posted:

Couldn’t get today’s pic?

I like this one

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
nobodys managed to top Time Traveler in 30 years

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fartlancer posted:

nobodys managed to top Time Traveler in 30 years

is this the one with the wizard who says "grimery!!!" when you lose? I think I played this at a "Virtual Reality Expo" as a kid lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol yeah, that's the one.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

is this the one with the wizard who says "grimery!!!" when you lose? I think I played this at a "Virtual Reality Expo" as a kid lol
yea

also the laserdisc player kept breaking so they had to put out a replacement game for the hologram cabinet that used roms like a normal game

it's... not very good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz8vH06BzMU&t=53s

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I wish I could remember what else was at that expo because I'm pretty sure Time Traveler was one of the least hosed up things they were showcasing, it was just filled with weird early 90s attempts at VR. I don't even remember why we would have gotten tickets for something like that. i try to Google it whenever this comes up but "virtual reality expo" is too generic a name and the only other thing I know is that it was sponsored by coca cola

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I played Time Traveler at some random mini golf place. Threw a dollar into it and died in under a minute. It was a QTE type of game but I don’t think it ever indicated what button or direction you were supposed to press when it beeped.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

herculon posted:

I played Time Traveler at some random mini golf place. Threw a dollar into it and died in under a minute. It was a QTE type of game but I don’t think it ever indicated what button or direction you were supposed to press when it beeped.

yeah, the wizard yells what button you were supposed to press when you die but the levels are randomized so even that's not very helpful

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

according to wikipedia, the full game is 10 minutes because of how quickly you usually die lmao

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Bicyclops posted:

yeah, the wizard yells what button you were supposed to press when you die but the levels are randomized so even that's not very helpful

this doesn't help a lot in a noisy arcade where I can't hear the wizard for poo poo but can hear "X-X-X-X-MEN. X-MEN!" blaring from across the room.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I played this at Universal Studios Florida whilst soaking wet after going on the Popeye water ride and it kicked rear end.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Tato posted:

this doesn't help a lot in a noisy arcade where I can't hear the wizard for poo poo but can hear "X-X-X-X-MEN. X-MEN!" blaring from across the room.

grabbing one of the gators and holding him in place while i whale on him with the mallet for yelling "NOW I'M ANGRY!" over the arcade cabinet's advice on how to survive for longer than 15 seconds

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

get the kids gambling early

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

the arcade cabinets that only molested kids posted in the arcade cabinet thread thread. gently caress sake

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
the minigolf course got rid of The Grid, The Simpsons, Alien 3, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and Star Wars Racer for a row of these machines and what really burns me is it was probably the right move financially because the local anime kids just poured money into those motherfuckers

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

insane anime posted:

the arcade cabinets that only molested kids posted in the arcade cabinet thread thread. gently caress sake

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

insane anime posted:

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003

it truly is

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

looking forward to the toy story movie in which a bunch of nintendo controllers look at those like the toys looked at syd's creations.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Grimace points mockingly at the second controller for Mario 64. L is real.

Cockashocka
Sep 13, 2013

Bubble brother

This game is so intense when you have a good opponent.

Cockashocka
Sep 13, 2013

Bubble brother

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

My firends brother built a sick mame cabinet that also had an xbox 360 hooked up to it and we (me friend, his bro) would play mp beatem ups for days on end like gamer heaven. We would also play the WWE game that was out at the time and always do ladder matches. Even though my friend and his brother normally wouldnt get along, they would spend 20 minutes taking turns to beat the poo poo out of my wrestling oaf while I begged them to let me at least stand up until one of them got bored and ascended the ladder while the other was distracted doing flying headbutts into my avatar's nuts. I probably will never have that much fun in my life again.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Ladder matches ftw

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

As of like 2018 there was a McD’s in some little town between Houston and New Orleans (Jennings, LA maybe?) that still had the GameCube/Pikman setup. I played it for a good 30 minutes; it owned

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

it says right on the machines to share and take turns dude.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

:evilbuddy:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb