Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

while we're on the subject, why does the search here use different syntax from the URL parameters?

if i wanna search a specific thread i should be able to just copy the threadid=3961364 from the URL and paste that into the search field rather than having to replace the equals with a colon.

sheesh. think about ux a bit why don't you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Connormgs posted:

ours? I was talking to someone the other day that agreed that browsing feels impossible but how do I go about fixing this? It feels like there's almost nothing to do on the internet itself unless you're on discord playing a game or chatting with someone.

there isn't, really. as you correctly note, everything is on facebook or reddit or pinterest or instagram or some other aggregator. there aren't just random mom-and-pop websites any more.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i like the one star reviews from people who bought something and are mad because they don't know how it works or are using it wrong.

one time i was looking for a little liquid-filled compass like this to stick on my dashboard

it shows your heading by the number that's facing you. in the image it is indicating about 8 degrees east of south. the number of people in the reviews who didn't understand this and were furious that THE NORTH SIDE POINTS SOUTH was staggering