Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

quoted for probe

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Trump!

also Jeb!/please clap.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Theres the thing where people with anime avatars unironically have opinions about the world.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Prefacing posts with "As Giambattista Vico states in his New Science..." is really a unique something awful phenomenon.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
"Yeah babe it's this hilarious inside joke, 'yikesaroo'. It's like saying 'yikes' but you add a few extra garbage syllables at the end because that's inherently hilarious and then you just keep mindlessly repeating it for years because that's how comedy works. We invented it because the guy I paid a bunch of money to over the course of two decades turned out to be a serial abuser. Yeah I was totally cool ignoring the first two times he did it but the third time was about the time we all decided we had to start acting like we had been taking it seriously all along. Hey wait babe where are you going, I was just going to show you some hilarious pictures of corpses on Mt Everest."

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Don't forget the shmorky comics!

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Revins posted:

Trump!

also Jeb!/please clap.

lol I don't think "please clap" is a something awful thing considering it was a nationally televised campaign speech

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
"I'm the... [weird thing in a picture]."

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

...of SCIENCE! posted:

"Yeah babe it's this hilarious inside joke, 'yikesaroo'. It's like saying 'yikes' but you add a few extra garbage syllables at the end because that's inherently hilarious and then you just keep mindlessly repeating it for years because that's how comedy works. We invented it because the guy I paid a bunch of money to over the course of two decades turned out to be a serial abuser. Yeah I was totally cool ignoring the first two times he did it but the third time was about the time we all decided we had to start acting like we had been taking it seriously all along. Hey wait babe where are you going, I was just going to show you some hilarious pictures of corpses on Mt Everest."

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

"Shut the gently caress Up, Guy Mann" is a forums catchphrase that is as fresh and relevant as ever.

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Pennywise the Frown posted:

This is what I was legit thinking. Is this something from somewhere else because I've never seen it anywhere but here?

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Literally A Person posted:

"Literally A Person? Why he's my favorite!"

But you say it when I'm holding you a t knife point screaming "Who's the best POSTER SAY IT OR I'LL loving CUT YOU"

How much does this service cost? I just got a big check from Uncle Sam.

Rude way to speak of Literally A Person

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
The concept of "eating rear end" was invented by a goon, as a joke.

Full Metal Jackass posted:

This is what I was legit thinking. Is this something from somewhere else because I've never seen it anywhere but here?

I saw it in the work chat the other day, but in the form "Tag yourself, I'm the [...]"

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Mooey Cow posted:

I saw it in the work chat the other day, but in the form "Tag yourself, I'm the [...]"

I've seen this on Facebook, but it could just be that I'm in groups that contain a bunch of goons.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

How much does this service cost? I just got a big check from Uncle Sam.

I work for scale but since you're a goon maybe we could work something out.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
I was going to make a joke about the thread title but I googled it and loads of people on twitter posted it a year ago.
You wanted modern SA - voila.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

So you work from home?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Posting your ligma

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
OMG WHAT DID THE MODS KNEW?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

More like oldclueless

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

"Shut the gently caress Up, Guy Mann" is a forums catchphrase that is as fresh and relevant as ever.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Woozle Wazzle?

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

barnold posted:

lol I don't think "please clap" is a something awful thing considering it was a nationally televised campaign speech

otoh where else have you heard please clap outside of these forums apart from the speech itself

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

The most modern inside joke is at least 7, 8 years old.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I like stairs.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Revins posted:

otoh where else have you heard please clap outside of these forums apart from the speech itself

uhhhhh everywhere tbh my grandma posted a "please clap" on facebook like three years ago lol jeb memes do ironman numbers

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

tripwood posted:

Now THAT'S a spicy mulligatawny!

YOWZA! Now THAT'S some spicy mulligatawny!

drat someone else remembers 1st YCS poo poo

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

vape weed every day

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Mom, I wanna vape

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Believe women

A CRAB IRL