Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm so fuckin hype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

They doing a red carpet or anything before the preshow?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Royal Updog posted:

When is preshow?

edit: Literally the first thing posted

6 CST.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Doom 2016 music was an interesting choice for this video.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Well guess I gotta watch all WWE poo poo next week now.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Someone get Jim some tea.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Scorpio wins the inaugural Sonic the hedgehog ladder match.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The Bee posted:

I know this is silly, but can they edit it in post? They set up an amazing moment there and it sucks that it got sabotaged by some faulty pyro.

If we ever see a replay it will be sweetened I guarantee.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Silly Burrito posted:

what, will they cut to stock footage of a nuclear bomb going off?

Smoke and explosions are literally a stock effect in most video editing software, they'll figure it out. Most likely we never see it ever again.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

Whatever ya’ll don’t like wrestling you just like being “above” poo poo. bye

Nice meltdown. I honestly thought the insane WWE people were making guys like you up, who literally can't take any criticism of the product at all, but here we are. This was the best show they ever did. The technical gently caress up really hurt the ending. Both of these this can be, and are, true.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

WatermelonGun posted:

you’re gonna see it a whole lot lol

We never see it officially is what I meant lol. Unless they lean into what Mox said there, in which case yeah, show it constantly.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Link to the Tony Khan press thing?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Joey McChrist posted:

they've got apollo crews coming to the ring with a spear

Doing a fake African accent. With guerilla soldiers.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

boar guy posted:

here is what it comes down to: does the pyro botch make you not want to buy another show? because thats all tk cares about

It will make me most hesitant on any show they're selling on the back of a big gimmick match.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Kirios posted:

Apparently this is almost entirely Apollo's idea. He actually wanted to do the accent because that's how he originally spoke but he got made fun of so much as a kid he had to change to an "American" accent. Stuff like that, or changing your name to something more "American", because it makes things like getting a job a lot easier.

Apollo Crews was born in Sacramento and raised in Georgia. I would be very surprised if any of this is true.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

And fans were chanting "AE-Dub" after that happened. I very much doubt fans were chanting for WWE after the wet fart explosion.

They weren't chanting WWE but they audibly booed.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

xbilkis posted:

The social media thing is the least defensible, imo. Live TV is hard, tracking the chaos of a wrestling ring invites screw-ups, SNL music audio still sounds like poo poo and that show's been on for 45 years. Posting tweets is incredibly easy and they could hire one of thousands of generically competent 30 year olds to do the job for a reasonable price and never mess up

I used to do social media for a food delivery company that Kenny Omega uses before they laid us all off. I'll do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

explosivo posted:

Wait what happened with their social media?

He just sucks at it in general.