Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

http://----/, all i did so far was b/w points out of the scan, nothing else done. here's my take on it:

a bit of white balance, sharpening (not as visible at this res but imo, necessary), and some contrast in the shadows.

bellows lugosi fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Aug 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

seravid posted:

Oh, sorry but it's one photo per week, to keep things organized and give everyone time to participate. Whoever wins the contest this week gets to pick one of their own images for us to process.

Yours would be a great entry for this thread, though!

oh i'm a dumbass and missed the contest aspect in the rules. actually it's not great and i'd have a more challenging one next time if it came to that

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

voting .... Ric ... but wish there was a middle ground between that and Megabound

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

I will post my absurd technological failure before the deadline inshallah

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

i played around with trying to use data from the green channel in the blue channel - using an overlay, mixing light modes, trying to see if i could pretend there was more detail in that channel. it was dumb.

here's a real stab, straightforward

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bobmarleysghost

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Ric posted:

Considered cloning out the horse and replacing it with the red bull buggy, but think we're still a few weeks off that

agreed but i look forward to the day

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

interesting trend so far is to straighten the horizon more, letting the horse run flat, at the expense of giving the horse visual room to run away in. the horse as an object vs. the horse as a character.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

real nap poo poo is the only one beyond mine i really dig in terms of capturing the mood of death but it's cursed by the aspect ratio (but i still think it's the best)

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

here's a 4x5 negative, straight out of the scanner:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qDzVx6yXIUeq41A01sgBsyhVCLcmRBBq/view?usp=sharing

if you need any hints on how to get started, this video has the basic method:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHXJN5kjXxo

the general steps: go to each channel, set the black and white point for each color until parts of the image clip, invert, and then begin the rest of the process.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

~~~bobmarleysghost~~~

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bobmarleysghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

some legitimately good decisions in all of the edits but i gotta go with megabound