Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

I never wanted anyone or crypto chat banned in the gpu thread but I can understand why it happened.

My main complaint was I didnít want to be sold things in the gpu thread.

Be it coins, mining services, or even GPUs.

Once a place becomes a marketing dumping ground it becomes useless to have a genuine conversation.

I still feel like a dedicated crypto thread makes sense, but there is one in GBS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Nope

The one in GBS is, largely, Pillory and Stocks kind of thing where we drive by with e-tomatos.

One that's a bit more technical is probably warranted if tbe evangelism keeps to a minimum. There's some legitimately useful things to know about like "Bitcoin caps out at 8 transactions" or revisions to ETH codebase to make it less intensive.
E: above said with regards to a Crypto thread in SH/SC, not GPU chat.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Apr 28, 2021

Sickening
Jul 15, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

FilthyImp posted:

The one in GBS is, largely, Pillory and Stocks kind of thing where we drive by with e-tomatos.

One that's a bit more technical is probably warranted if tbe evangelism keeps to a minimum. There's some legitimately useful things to know about like "Bitcoin caps out at 8 transactions" or revisions to ETH codebase to make it less intensive.

Why is that useful knowledge for the Gpu thread?