Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Internet Explorer posted:

Thanks everyone for participating in the feedback thread. Sorry for the lack of updates, I was moving over the past week and have been a bit preoccupied. movax and I will get together and put together some thoughts / findings and post them here for further feedback.

In good news, I don't think we had a single report over the week I was moving, so thanks SH/SC for being awesome.

I am going to troll reports across dozens of threads when I find time later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Sickening posted:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Sickening posted:

please report my Brian Burke post in the GPU thread with "the hell is this" so i can explain the joke, i beg you

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Hello, there doesn't seem to be a chat thread or general small questions thread that I saw. Just wondering if there is a thread for Adobe poo poo, photoshop/illustrator mainly? Alternatively, if anyone just happens to know how to make a custom template become a default option in illustrator rather than me hunting down our template file to open manually... that'd be keen!

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Khanstant posted:

Hello, there doesn't seem to be a chat thread or general small questions thread that I saw. Just wondering if there is a thread for Adobe poo poo, photoshop/illustrator mainly? Alternatively, if anyone just happens to know how to make a custom template become a default option in illustrator rather than me hunting down our template file to open manually... that'd be keen!

If it's on Windows, I would check the Windows thread here - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3137721
If it's on Mac, I would check the Mac thread here - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3426005

Alternatively, it seems like Creative Convention has a general chat thread. I would be one of those folks know if you don't get an answer in the threads above - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3860127

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

I don’t know what the policy is on posting in the GPU thread that you offer scalping services but I can give the feedback that it’s not enjoyable as a reader hunting for GPUs.

I also don’t appreciate being called delusional for not using the service by the person offering it.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Thanks everyone for participating in the feedback thread. Sorry for the lack of updates, I was moving over the past week and have been a bit preoccupied. movax and I will get together and put together some thoughts / findings and post them here for further feedback.

Did this get posted and I miss it? Just curious what you are going to do with all the suggestions...

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

kensei posted:

Did this get posted and I miss it? Just curious what you are going to do with all the suggestions...

It didn't, and that's my bad. I moved a couple of weeks ago and now the vaccinated parents and in-laws are in a rush to visit, so we're in a bit of a scramble. Movax and I have reviewed and come up with a plan, it just hasn't been polished and pushed out yet. Soon my goon friends! Thank you again for all the feedback and patience.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

spunkshui posted:

I don’t know what the policy is on posting in the GPU thread that you offer scalping services but I can give the feedback that it’s not enjoyable as a reader hunting for GPUs.

I also don’t appreciate being called delusional for not using the service by the person offering it.

There's already the ability to buy an advertisement on these forums, which supports the longevity of this place. But because posting is cheap, making GBS threads up threads outside SA-Mart for your service inside SA-Mart shouldn't be allowable.

What's funny is IIRC Fauxtool could put a link to that thread in his avatar and make every post of his an ad for his GPU hustle and it wouldn't even be an issue. An SA-Mart mod used to do that years ago.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
That doesn't solve the issue of the poster being a condescension machine (lol hi SA Forums) but it would be a pretty good alternative solution.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I'll chime in and say that I'd like for profiting off of other goons to be kept to SA Mart and self-promotion of SA Mart threads to be kept to ads and links in one's avatar. Personally, I think this should be more than just SH/SC policy, and should be a forums-wide rule.

I'm relatively okay with referrals from other goons within thread discussion. For example: some goons offer gift cards/steam credit at a % discount, and other goons in gaming threads have recommended them. I don't think I've seen them ever advertise themselves within the body of their own post (except in response to a referral, confirming they have available funds, etc.) at the very least not to the disgusting degree that Fauxtool does it.

Fauxtool posted:

im not sorry you feel that way. nothing you say will change my behavior.

If you want a GPU at a fair price im happy to help. If I were you I would simply stop trying to get one yourself. This is earnest advice.

This shouldn't be tolerated outside of SA Mart.

mA
Jul 10, 2001
I am the ugly lover.

Inept posted:

I don't think making fun of that should be excluded either, but to me it's a curve. Someone sad that their card died and now they can't play games with their friends who they can't see due to covid is a lot different than someone lamenting that they're keeping their 2080 longer than they expected.

On that same note, I think it's qualitatively different to mention that you sold a 30 series card for a profit because you're broke or poor, versus a professional scalper. But some salty people in the GPU thread don't see a distinction. I wish people would have enough self control to skip over those posts rather than having to make a big deal of them and call in the mods, but I'm probably hoping for too much.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Scholtz posted:

This shouldn't be tolerated outside of SA Mart.

Fauxtool specifically loving sucks though.

denereal visease
Nov 27, 2002

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own."

It's hard to ignore all the flaming-bag-of-poo poo posts when people can't help but engage with (and quote) the obvious trolls.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

I stopped reading the GPU thread when it became nothing but "there're no GPUs to be had posts", partly because that got old, and partly because nothing has happened in the GPU space since then, but active shilling should not be OK. I don't have anything against Fauxtool's willingness to hunt GPUs all day, but I frequent a lot of threads about in-demand items and "I'm selling some poo poo" posts are usually appreciated, "It's my business" posts never are. If he wants to be SA's GPU dude he should buy an ad, not try to be a thread personality.

Nazattack
Oct 21, 2008
This sub forum is simply the greatest IT resource I use on any given day. Just the random back and forth posts in the big threads can contain amazing little nuggets of info.

And people here are nice, understanding, and willing to help. Which is crazy weird to me. If SA was just SH/SC it would still be worth the 30 dollars ive spent here over the last 10 years.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
stuff that can be summarized as "advertising your SA mart service" probably doesn't belong in the GPU thread, especially when people are already salty about shortages in general. at this point everyone knows fauxtool is running a service, keep it to avatars or signatures if he wants

five pages of people posting their cases isn't real interesting either. we don't have to have the GPU thread be the catch-all hardwarechat (we could have a thread for that, or a thread for battlestations if people want to post those), if there is nothing new to say about GPUs the thread could just go unposted until someone has something GPU-related to discuss

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Paul MaudDib posted:

five pages of people posting their cases isn't real interesting either. we don't have to have the GPU thread be the catch-all hardwarechat (we could have a thread for that, or a thread for battlestations if people want to post those), if there is nothing new to say about GPUs the thread could just go unposted until someone has something GPU-related to discuss

i can understand your perspective here but i would have to politely disagree, i don't mind little diversions like "post your rig" because it can help de-escalate tension sometimes. i think threads that can get contentious need breathers like that, it promotes a more healthy environment even if it is a little off topic. the gpu thread can otherwise devolve into nothing but sniping at each other and lamenting shortages.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I would agree with that as well because it allows for things that aren't just performance/specs to be brought up. It's interesting seeing pictures and then having people discuss airflow, placement, sag, tiny cases etc. All these things that have to do with GPUs but aren't just numbers or purchases.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

At least we can all still waste money on flashing lights!

RGB literally healing the thread.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Paul MaudDib posted:

Sometimes some photos to break up the paragraphs are nice

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Appreciate the feedback, all. I saw the slightly off-topic posts and decided to let them keep going organically rather than telling everyone to take it to the post your build thread. If it keeps (kept?) going on longer, I likely would have asked folks to move it to the other thread.

[edit: Looks like it did go on a bit longer. I've asked people to post in the Post Your Desktop / PC Building threads, accordingly. I noticed that there's not a "Post Your Builds!" thread, but I feel like that would easily turn into the PC Building thread, and I do know people post build pics in there, so I feel like that's a good place for it. Let me know if you feel strongly either way.]

Internet Explorer fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Apr 22, 2021

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Appreciate the feedback, all. I saw the slightly off-topic posts and decided to let them keep going organically rather than telling everyone to take it to the post your build thread. If it keeps (kept?) going on longer, I likely would have asked folks to move it to the other thread.

[edit: Looks like it did go on a bit longer. I've asked people to post in the Post Your Desktop / PC Building threads, accordingly. I noticed that there's not a "Post Your Builds!" thread, but I feel like that would easily turn into the PC Building thread, and I do know people post build pics in there, so I feel like that's a good place for it. Let me know if you feel strongly either way.]

There is a "post your actual desktop" thread which is sorta tangentially related. Maybe.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

CoolCab posted:

i can understand your perspective here but i would have to politely disagree, i don't mind little diversions like "post your rig" because it can help de-escalate tension sometimes. i think threads that can get contentious need breathers like that, it promotes a more healthy environment even if it is a little off topic. the gpu thread can otherwise devolve into nothing but sniping at each other and lamenting shortages.

Yeah I enjoyed the rig posting. GPUs are in a crappy place rn and Id prefer the slightly off topic chats over a much quieter one. The level of crypto chat seems fine and I still don’t think it really needs to be its own thread at this point, but I don’t really feel strongly one way or the other since any changes are free and reversible. I think a hands off approach to policing the scope of the GPU thread is fine, just as long as any passerby’s can post a question about GPUs and get an answer without being ignored by unrelated convos.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Scholtz posted:

I would agree with that as well because it allows for things that aren't just performance/specs to be brought up. It's interesting seeing pictures and then having people discuss airflow, placement, sag, tiny cases etc. All these things that have to do with GPUs but aren't just numbers or purchases.

Yes, it's this. I'd never read an entire thread about "battlestations" or whatever but it's cool seeing things that are thread-related. It's also a really refreshing break from scalperchat and shitcoins and I agree, it does let people take a breather and lower hackles.

Not everything has to be put in an exact cubbyhole.

For the same reason leave the high traffic threads alone: They "look" similar therefore we have force it into a single thread of discussion because there's a place for everything and everything in its place, right?

E:

This is the exact "everything must be stuffed into the exact cabinet I have for it" issue. There's a difference between people talking about related things that they all enjoy vs a few people coming in on a tangentially related antagonistic topic to promote/gloat about. You can generally tell the difference by the tone. Nearly everyone gets pissed at the crypto/scalper chat. They reacted mostly positively to pictures of PCs.

Harik fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Apr 22, 2021

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Harik posted:

This is the exact "everything must be stuffed into the exact cabinet I have for it" issue. There's a difference between people talking about related things that they all enjoy vs a few people coming in on a tangentially related antagonistic topic to promote/gloat about. You can generally tell the difference by the tone. Nearly everyone gets pissed at the crypto/scalper chat. They reacted mostly positively to pictures of PCs.

I mostly agree with you and that's why my post in the thread was worded as it was. A mention of the other threads to help drive traffic to them and not a "don't post this here." There's obviously a subjective call for when a thread has gone too off topic versus when it's just a nice organic conversation. Different people will have reasonable interpretations of when that is and different people will have reasonable expectations for "I didn't come to this thread to read thing B, when it's a thread about thing A."

Feedback noted, though. I probably didn't need to post about it at all, and likely wouldn't do it again in the future.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

People posting pictures of their rigs did serve the purpose of making me feel like I need to stop being lazy and dust out my machine and clean the glass side panel. Not to the point I have actually done it yet, but it moved me that much closer to doing it.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
Your post was fine and a fairly gentle way to nudge a topic but do build pics really "belong" in the parts picking thread? People seem post them there because the thread helped them build this so they come back to share it once they finished it, as a kind of "thanks for the help, I did it!" or something. I'm not sure that means people randomly dropping by with pictures of their computer really belongs there.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Harik posted:

Your post was fine and a fairly gentle way to nudge a topic but do build pics really "belong" in the parts picking thread? People seem post them there because the thread helped them build this so they come back to share it once they finished it, as a kind of "thanks for the help, I did it!" or something. I'm not sure that means people randomly dropping by with pictures of their computer really belongs there.

You and I are very much on the same page! That's what you can see me struggling with when I mentioned the fact that we don't have a "Post Your Builds!" thread, and then saying that I thought that would just turn into a PC building thread. I think the right answer is that pictures of builds are welcome in most threads in SH/SC. Although I almost wrote "every" as a joke instead of "most" and thought that maybe the networking thread might not appreciate it. :allears:

Okay, DO OVER PLEASE. Post your build pictures. Just. Post.

denereal visease
Nov 27, 2002

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own."

denereal visease posted:

My suggestion for improvement is to post your build pics you loving cowards

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Where's Internet Explorer's build pic, huh? I bet they don't even own a computer!!

For actual content, just wanted to say as someone who dips in and out of SH/SC I appreciate this thread's existence as well as the care and thought that goes into moderating. It's a (mostly) thankless task, so... thanks!

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Post your rig? https://www.tiktok.com/@shtunner/video/6953654804665093381

Got you

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Black Sunshine posted:

Agreed but the biggest problem are the morons paying $2,500+ for a card that MSRP's for $700. I don't even see how you can justify that unless you're legit rich. Even the miners, like, how is the ROI on that even possible within a reasonable amount of time?

Craptacular! posted:

There's a meme about 'hodl' for a reason. Go look at any one of the insanely long ramblings perma'd poster Seraph used to make in GBS when bragging about becoming literally a millionaire because he ignored other goons at laughing at crypto to dive in with both feet. You'll see these people honestly believe that a substantial amount of the global economy will be transacted through crypto very soon, so any amount of money would be paid back eventually. They always see some magical "Step 2: ????????" happening that draws mainstream adoption to this thing that is initially only accepted by porn sites and illegal drug trades, though they don't know exactly what it is that bridges the divide between cocaine lords using crypto and your grandma.

When it comes to mining rig people specifically, they should just invest in real estate like normal people, since houses don't inevitably crash through the floor in resale depreciation and stay there forever like consumer electronics do. If Nvidia has successfully destroyed the current hash rates with the 3080ti like it's being hinted at, just that alone should do a lot to tank the inflated prices of cards like the 3070 because it's a bit like bringing a stock Mustang to a Lamborghini/McLaren race.

Black Sunshine posted:

It's not exactly unrelated to GPU scarcity and it's not dominating the thread so is it really that big a deal? I can see if people are discussing how to build mining rigs, which currency to mine today for maximum gains, hash rates, etc but that's obviously not happening. Is this thread supposed to be hyper-specifically about GPU specs? This thread was saved from plummeting off a cliff by the "post your rig" detour that lasted maybe a page or two and we get slapped with a "don't do that anymore" edict so at this point maybe it's more helpful to say exactly what is allowed to be discussed in this thread. Talking about how it's nearly impossible to find a GPU without even glancing in the direction of "why" seems a bit odd to me but it's your thread, I'm just looking for clarification.

Take it to the feedback thread.

So here we are.

That was the extent of the "discussion". It wasn't a derail in the slightest bit so I'm not exactly sure why it required a mod wagging their finger about it. Nobody is getting deep into crypto chat there, it's more of a passing thought about its role in the GPU shortage which is very much relevant to "GPU talk" in general. I agree that any deep dive into crypto should be contained elsewhere because I can imagine it's derailed many discussions all over this sub-forum. I normally wouldn't even have mentioned it but the small "post your rig" detour, which helped the thread come back from an actual train wreck, was also met with a "don't do this here" type of response. I'm asking for clarification on what exactly can be talked about in that thread because it seems to me like it's being strictly policed.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Asking a question about miner ROI in a thread where people are told not to talk about crypto doesn't seem that complex to navigate to me.

Sickening fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Apr 23, 2021

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Black Sunshine posted:

So here we are.

That was the extent of the "discussion". It wasn't a derail in the slightest bit so I'm not exactly sure why it required a mod wagging their finger about it. Nobody is getting deep into crypto chat there, it's more of a passing thought about its role in the GPU shortage which is very much relevant to "GPU talk" in general. I agree that any deep dive into crypto should be contained elsewhere because I can imagine it's derailed many discussions all over this sub-forum. I normally wouldn't even have mentioned it but the small "post your rig" detour, which helped the thread come back from an actual train wreck, was also met with a "don't do this here" type of response. I'm asking for clarification on what exactly can be talked about in that thread because it seems to me like it's being strictly policed.

Thanks for posting this here. I will post some thoughts in the morning.

Sickening posted:

Asking a question about miner ROI in a thread where people are told not to talk about crypto doesn't seem that complex to navigate to me. :thunk:

Dial it back a notch, please. You didn't have to follow them to this thread and they were asked to post here.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Thanks for posting this here. I will post some thoughts in the morning.

Dial it back a notch, please. You didn't have to follow them to this thread and they were asked to post here.

I will try, but it seems like one of the easier threads rules I have seen put in place and people still being confused about it is short circuiting my brain.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

My considered view is that people complaining about Crypto and scalping make threads worse than the people who briefly raise them.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Sickening posted:

Asking a question about miner ROI in a thread where people are told not to talk about crypto doesn't seem that complex to navigate to me.

It was more of a "wow this poo poo is crazy" thought than actually asking for a breakdown of how long it takes to achieve ROI with mining. It was also said in the context of GPU scarcity, my post wasn't "hey guys so tell me how to become a millionaire with crypto!". You're acting like I asked for a book report on the subject and it's really weird. I'm not a regular here so maybe I missed the "great crypto wars" that caused the mere utterance of a single word to be such a big deal?

sweet meme btw

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Apr 23, 2021

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Black Sunshine posted:

So here we are.

Black Sunshine posted:

It was more of a "wow this poo poo is crazy" thought than actually asking for a breakdown of how long it takes to achieve ROI with mining. It was also said in the context of GPU scarcity, my post wasn't "hey guys so tell me how to become a millionaire with crypto!". You're acting like I asked for a book report on the subject and it's really weird. I'm not a regular here so maybe I missed the "great crypto wars" that caused the mere utterance of a single word to be such a big deal?

sweet meme btw

Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts over here. To be clear, I didn't have a problem with your post and only quoted it to keep the context of Craptacular's post. Craptacular honestly knows better, and I was trying to be nice by just dropping a silly image macro instead of posting text or probing or whatever.

There was definitely a time where cryptocurrency chat was pretty much taking over the GPU thread and it got to the point where it was turning people off on the thread. I don't expect anyone to know all the history of a thread, but if a thread title has "Not the cryptocurrency thread" in it and a mod stopped by and said "no crypto," it seems pretty clear to me that there might have been a history there. I was a little gobsmacked by your response, to be honest.

All that being said, we are trying to get to the point where we're more hands-off on the GPU thread. Maybe you didn't see, no big deal, but I had just posted the following in the thread:

Hi thread. I'm posting this as an announcement in this thread, because it's related specifically to this thread. I do ask that if you want to discuss it, please don't do it here. Please instead stop by our feedback thread here or send me or movax a PM.

Couple of things:
1) Fauxtool is now threadbanned from this thread and any new iterations of the GPU thread. If you see him posting here, please feel free to report him.
2) We hear you loud and clear on the scalper talk. We are working on the details of what a rule would look like. We don't want to ban any mention of it completely, but we also don't want it taking over the thread.
3) In regards to selling stuff in SA-Mart and talking about your selling in the thread, we're also looking at adding a rule to curb this. It will probably be SH/SC-wide. The suggestions to allow one-offs, or otherwise encourage people to put links in their avatars or buy SA ads are appreciated and will probably be incorporated.
4) Expect to hear more about a solution on the cryptocurrency chat front soon.

And lastly, I know the overwhelming feedback from the feedback thread has been that you all mostly prefer mods to be hands off, and that we have been pretty active in this thread, myself especially. I hope that changes soon, but we saw that an otherwise great thread that a lot of people enjoyed was becoming a very frustrating place. Please bear with us while try to help get it dialed back in.

Again, feedback in the feedback thread, PMs if you'd prefer. Thanks everyone!

So yeah, pretty clearly trying to get to the "hands off" point in the GPU thread and I think we'll be there shortly. What will likely happen is that we'll create a cryptocurrency thread in SH/SC and then be a little more lax about cryptocurrency chat in the GPU thread, hoping that the thread will pretty much police itself with maybe a mod stopping by if it got out of control just saying "hey, there's a specific thread for this if you want!"

As far as the post your rig derail, I never went into the GPU thread and said to knock it off. I was just trying to highlight the other threads. You can read a discussion about that in this thread if you go back a little bit. I shouldn't have posted, as even a light nudge can be interpreted as a commandment from down on high. I get that and I admitted here that in retrospect, I wouldn't have said anything.

For clarification on what can be talked about in the GPU thread, things related to GPUs obviously, but the only real guidance we've tried to offer in regards to cryptocurrency is this:

Talking specifically about how cards are more expensive because of crypto is fine, because how else are we going to discuss GPU prices. Talking about the current price of crytpo is not necessary and invites further discussion.

Talking about very specific technology related to GPUs and crypto is also fine, but it better be significant to this thread. An example being NVIDIA locking down mining on their consumer cards.

Which is, admittedly, subjective. You can check my posts in this feedback thread or the GPU thread to see responses around the discussion of that guidance.

The bottom line is that cryptocurrency chat was making the thread awful and we were trying to make it better. We think the adjustments we've made have helped, with the new cryptocurrency thread still in the works. We want to be more hands-off with the GPU thread and we feel that we're getting to the point where we are going to be actively taking a step back.

Appreciate your feedback. Hopefully that response was helpful and hopefully we're all good with the overall goal, even if my individual steps may have not always been perfect.

[edit: Oh, and just to be clear about #2 and #3 from that GPU thread post, those are likely to be recommendations and not rules, where we would handle it on a one-by-one basis and not completely outright ban it with an iron fist or anything like that.]

Internet Explorer fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Apr 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Thanks for the clarification and thorough response.

Completely ignoring a big part of why GPU availability and prices are screwed seemed a bit silly which is why I pushed back but I definitely understand not wanting it to take over the thread as it apparently has in the past. My personal feelings on the state of the thread are basically that the poster who got everyone all riled up is on a permanent vacation so things should return to normalcy. I'm assuming that was the reason for more of a mod presence. Aside from that particular person, I haven't really seen anything particularly egregious going on so a more "hands off" approach should be tried out to see how everything plays out. You've already said as much so going forward, things should be fine until someone else sets fire to the thread.