Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Khorne posted:

The laptop thread op is pretty out of date. Intel & AMD threads seemed to stop getting updates in 2017/2018. Having up to date ops encourages new users to post and/or like the forum so there's probably value in updating them. Having real out of date ops makes the place seem abandoned even if thread regulars never check the op.

My suggestion around it would be to try to create a group of users who can discuss updating ops. I don't know where this group should assemble, but there would be immense value in building up a volunteer/group structure around maintaining any number of things on SA. That way there's not one op who vanishes and the burden doesn't necessarily fall on one person or mod to update either.

Megathreads getting a yearly redo seems to be how some boards handle it- wouldn't be a terrible idea to do that sort of thing here. See a megathread whose OP hasn't been updated in a year? Make a new one, IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU