Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Bastard roles? I'm pretty much obligated to play this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I will dayvig the next person to post after this post

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Come on you cowards

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Grandicap posted:

I am safe to post because you posted after your last post.

Sorry I had to work, as promised

##shoot grandicap

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Work completely killed the comedic timing of that vig, so just imagine i did it right after grandi posted.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Dang, that would have been way funnier if grandicap was scum

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
If I had 10bux I'd change your avatar and say "now you don't have to"

Pretend I did that because it's funny.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Sandwolf posted:

drat I miss grandicap can he be a stump?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Oh poo poo! happy Birthday Toal, I hop the shot was everything you hoped for.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Retro Futurist posted:

By popular demand Grandi is now a stump

yay!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

ilmucche posted:

What's a stump

oh my loving god, whoever did this to your avatar is a god.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
If anyone in this game has the ability to refresh shots of 1 shot powers please do that to me so I can do another comedic vig tomorrow ty.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Hal Insandenza posted:

yeah, perfect

I actually said "Wait is merk in this game even?" before it dawned on me what had happened.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Noone read this but illmuche

This is for you.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

ilmucche posted:

This is a gift that should be shared with everyone

Okay friend! I'm on it!

This is a gift that should be shared with everyone

It is hilarious what you managed to do here.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I need to drag this game out of jokephase.

What is everyone's favorite jelly belly jelly bean flavor?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Red

But if you can't drag it out of jokephase by shooting somebody I'm not sure this will work either.

Doesn't know correct jelly belly flavors.

##vote rhymes

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Rhymes With Clue posted:

The thing is you can make a mistake with the green ones, and you can make a mistake with the yellow ones. Don't even get me started on blue and purple.

But red is always safe.

What are we talking cinnamon, sizzling cinnamon, raspberry, red apple, sour cherry, very cherry ? Come on , get your poo poo together.

Don't even get me started on how trivially easy it is to differentiate between margarita, green apple, juicy pear, mango, sour apple, watermelon, lemon lime, and 7up so let's just throw out this green jelly belly nonsense.

I'm going to go to bed and I want you to really rethink this jelly belly stance and educate yourself about jelly belly brand jelly beans.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I am frankly shocked that there aren't more Jelly Belly brand jelly bean opinions itt

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Voodoofly posted:

##vote lotus

Basically gut but reading over right now both his sand vote and his “instincts” post stood out. I didn’t realize they were both from lotus until I went back to read them.

Oh look, a ~bad~ vote

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Voodoofly posted:

You should be more upset that I don’t like jelly beans.

Don't you tell me how to live my life.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Okay. Jelly bellies are mostly good, the preponderance of jelly bellies are delicious. So if you randomly reach into a container and grab one the most likely thing is that the result will be pleasing. You could be colorblind and still get a good thing.

BUT some of them are just awful to my taste. I mean the ones that taste like vanilla-flavored mouthwash. (Green.) There are good green ones but it's a danger zone. All the red ones are good whether they are vermilion, scarlet, crimson, coral--you get the picture. (Also vanilla-flavored mouthwash is fine if what you want is mouthwash. I am sure that's somebody's favorite. I am not judging.)

OMG am I going to die on the hill of green jelly bellies?

My vote stands, the correct way to consume Jelly Belly brand jelly beans is to get a handful and sort them all by flavor using the chart located on the side of the package.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Grandicap posted:

Obviously a joke, but it's purpose is to keep the game posting about non-game stuff.

CPig's only game related content thusfar is

Oh look, a ~bad~ vote

Calling out Voodoo for a bad vote, but adding nothing substantive to it. No reasoning, a one line throwaway.

Vote CPig for a better tomorrow.*

*Payed for by The Committee to Make Grandicap a Stump**
**I'm Grandicap and I approve this message.
[/quote]

But it was a bad vote, It's bad because it's bad. There's no reasoning beyond that it's bad.

You're just salty that I shot you.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Vote me if you want idc. I did the thing I can do and am vanilla town at this point so meh.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Oh my god there are directions? No wonder I'm doing it wrong. Reading the directions is like, the last resort.

Of course!

Looking here at this random selection I've grabbed you can see that I have selected from the bottom left moving counter clockwise along the bean path

Cappuccino, sizzling cinnamon, very cherry, strawberry jam, buttered popcorn, champagne, strawberry daquiri, strawberry cheesecake, lemon drop, crushed pineapple, pina colada, mango, lemon lime, krispy kreme original glazed donut, and peach.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Grandicap posted:

The dismissiveness at the end here is only reinforcing my feelings CPig. But I have no salt about you killing me off. It happens, I've played enough games that I know there will be another one down the line.

vote me then coward, oh wait...

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

AT-LOW posted:

it's page 7 and I still can't find a reason to unvote rhymes with clue

That said I will absolutely vote Sal if rhymes doesn't happen today

There was an element of chance involved, but it wasn't random, it was deterministic. He said he would vig the next person who posts; Town!Cpig uses this to generate an arbitrary target, Scum!Cpig says "I'm not bluffing, so don't post yet" in scumchat and then hits an arbitrary target from the pool of people who weren't forewarned. This is why it's so alignment-null, Town could easily just want to hit an arbitrary target and Scum can use this method of target generation to its advantage.

I get the point that it stops people from posting, but like, it was the start of a day with a four-day deadline, I certainly hope any thread could have gotten past that stumbling block. Stifling conversation is scummy, absolutely, but this is a small amount of conversation-stifling happening at the time when conversation is least cogent. I also get the point that scum, who would be much more concerned about putting themselves in danger, might avoid posting, especially given that this is a chaos game, where people are probably more likely to believe a dayvig is real. It was an arbitrary method of target selection, but it was a scumsided one.

That said, all that this convinces me of is that CPig didn't think through the consequences of the selection method, whether scum or town, and all that really indicates is... a player who didn't think everything through used a dayvig start of day 1 in a chaos game. Do I disapprove? Kinda, I would prefer that dayvigs be used on the top vote candidate partway through day 1. Do I think this kind of thing is inevitable, though? Yeah. Do I think this move was a scum move? Possibly. Do I think it was likely a scum move? Not in the slightest.

If CPig shows other, stronger warning signs or if we don't have any other actually scummy votes to follow through on, I'd be fine with seeing CPig go because he's a claimed 1-shot dayvig and therefore voting him means we'd lose, at worst, a vanilla townie, which he even pointed out himself. But like, I have no interest in voting CPig when I think there are more actively scummy players we should be looking at, rather than going after someone who is simply chaos town or chaos scum and who is, power-wise, likely now fangless in either case.

This might be the most effort anyone has ever put into saying words in mafia games about me.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'd really like people who have, actually played with me for long enough to know me and my style to really take a look at this and think to themselves.

Is cpig someone who holds on to vigs in general or is he more likely to just blow it right away?

Is cpig the sort of person who thinks about anything they do?

Is cpig the kind of person who values comedy, or serious mafia play more?

I'm pretty sure you know the answer to these in your heart.

None of this should have any indication on alignment but you know, if you think I'm scum because I blew my vig right away on day 1 after saying I was going to do so then just lol.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Sandwolf posted:

What if At-Low had posted after that comment? Honest question

Then, he would have made a post?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Toalpaz posted:

listen, I think all the jellybeans just taste really sweet

:siren: breaking news :siren:

Sugary confections taste sweet. News at 11.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Grandicap posted:

Yes, you are someone who blows vigs right away. That wasn't the problem. I find it usually more townie when a vig is fired right away. But the way you did it this time takes the onus of responsibility away from you. Scum like to put it on the winds of fate so if there is blowback they don't have the responsibility for killing a townie.
This kind of weak rear end meta self-defense is bad and misrepresenting what I saw in your use of the vig. That is was blown d1 is not nearly the crux of the argument. It is held up as a point in your favor. It was how you decided to decide on who to kill that is driving my suspicions.

Well, this is a weak rear end wifomy bs case so , meh.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Adding to that, I didn't find the early dayvig all that funny. It would actually have been funnier if CPig had shot me for the instead of just "I'ma shoot the next poster." Or vigged the first person who gave the wrong jelly belly answer, no matter who. Wasted a bullet there.

Yeah that would have been great, if I hadn't already said I'd shoot someone and shot them by the time I even thought of doing the jelly bean gimmick.

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Then there's this:
So combined with the dayvig there is something that pings me about this.

Toal said that after I said I'd shoot someone but before I actually did in that long period of time where I was working so hadn't shot yet.

I'm pretty sure toal was just referring to me saying I was gonna shoot someone and then not doing it.

That being said,

Rhymes With Clue posted:

I know it's d1 jokephase but It sort of looks like a "well I need to say something as a first post, here is something." Self conscious? And what does it even mean? The town faction is...town? Huh? Maybe it makes sense to everybody else. Then immediately after that CPig comes in with an offer to shoot somebody. A distraction.

As to content, well there is this:

This was in response to RF saying they could fake a day action. Okay, a vote. Why? No reason given.

Sandwolf posted:

Firstly: Toalp’s asking about the town wincon is weird as gently caress, doesn’t make any sense to me, it’s kind of a decent joke, but unless you actually want to know what it is it feels kinda stilted.

And here’s a totally unique to Toal point: RF tells him he can fake a day action and he doesn’t?? That feels so fuckin bizarre to me but not quite scummy but I can’t figure it out. It feels so needlessly safe when no one would really care.

These are actually good reasons to vote toal and I was kind of pinged by the town wincon stuff in particular.

##vote toal

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
waiting until being called out on it to use the fake day action smh.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Toalpaz posted:

drat... did we just catch sand wolf on a scum slip

?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

spacing in vienna posted:

The question is, would you have dayvigged the newbie on his possibly very first post of Mafia ever.

I see, it was confusing because sandwolf didn't quote my post about shooting the next person, but instead quoted a different post which made the question very unclear.

I would have shot them, I was going to shoot the next person to post. That was my plan.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Sandwolf posted:

I actually think I’d go back to CPig based off this post. Pretty much admits he just wanted to shoot someone, had no interest in thinking about the decision. I know this is null but apparently (and I don’t believe this) CPig would have shot a newbie if he had the misfortune of posting after him. I don’t believe that. But I think CPig staying that is him doubling down on avoiding culpability for their shot.

Lol, sandwolf straight up admitting he knows nothing about me.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I won't vote anyone but toal after all this

They are either

A.) A jester, in which case lol I don't mind handing them a jester win

B.) A Lunchbomb , in which case I am not gonna be the hammer because I'm already voting them

C.) The claimed survivor with the obliterate ability and we can use their claim to then know sandy is scum

D.) lying for some reason in which case, meh, good riddance they aren't playing anyway.

A win win win win

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
To add to c, if they are a survivor, good riddance anyway. Suffer no 3p to live etc etc

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Okay well, great. The cop did , whatever the gently caress that was and no one died.

Right back at square 1 basically.

I'm, honestly completely at a loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'm just callin it like I see it.

Nothing stands out to me now, I was really expecting toal to not flip town and it deflated me.

What's so hard to understand about this?