Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

CaptainSarcastic posted:

It was cheap and on sale and I've been thinking it would be nice to have a little networked storage that's better then the thumb drive stuck in my router and without hassling with a full NAS setup. I think the line might be getting discontinued because I got it for $139 for a 250GB drive.

I've also become so averse to old-school hard drives that even for portable storage unlikely to move a lot I just wanted solid state.

Can you stream movies from it? I bought a cheap laptop from Costco and attached my 1TB HD to it for my movie center. It can play movies just fine but struggles on HD youtube videos. :argh:

edit: oh duh I'd need to find a way to connect it to my TV so I guess it doesn't matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Inzombiac posted:

Gonna use my stimmy to buy some cheap wine, snacks and a bucket of chicken wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What sort of monster woiuld eat chicken wings with wine

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
what website to I go to check anyway, irs.gov I assume?

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Woah I didn't even know those existed.

My payment status is still not available. I'm getting worried I might not even get one. :(

it will be a while if you’re a beneficiary of any ssa stuff, the ssa only sent information to irs yesterday.

Milo and POTUS posted:

what website to I go to check anyway, irs.gov I assume?

irs.gov, then the “get my payment” tool

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Can you stream movies from it? I bought a cheap laptop from Costco and attached my 1TB HD to it for my movie center. It can play movies just fine but struggles on HD youtube videos. :argh:

edit: oh duh I'd need to find a way to connect it to my TV so I guess it doesn't matter.

I just ordered it a few days ago so haven't roadtested it. I think it said it could be streamed from, but that's not a use-case I had considered when I got it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Milo and POTUS posted:

What sort of monster woiuld eat chicken wings with wine

Beer fucks up my stomach :(

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I checked just now and I got an update! After weeks of it being payment status unavailable I have a date of April 7th. Not sure why it took this long since I'm on disability and they have my direct deposit information but here we are.

Hello new front and back door installation!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I was supposed to have my check mailed on March 26th and it still hasn't arrived :argh:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

The process of distributing payments seems like it has been a bit haphazard.

twitch125
Mar 11, 2003

Bull in the China Shop
Didn't get the last 600 dollar check, didn't get the 1400 dollar check, can't seem to get my refund which got accepted by the IRS way back on Feb. 18th. At this point, I've just given up, even though I really, really need it..

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

I checked just now and I got an update! After weeks of it being payment status unavailable I have a date of April 7th. Not sure why it took this long since I'm on disability and they have my direct deposit information but here we are.

Hello new front and back door installation!

As a person also on disability, my status finally updated and says the 7th as well. I feel much better now, was dreading having to contact the IRS.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Still waiting on my stimmies. Put it in the wrong account. Said they'd mail it on the 29th. It's the 5th.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Personally I'm looking forward to the IRS giving me a refund on that unemployment money I paid taxes on.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Hector Delgado posted:

As a person also on disability, my status finally updated and says the 7th as well. I feel much better now, was dreading having to contact the IRS.

i moved recently and they still haven’t updated anything for me. i’m probably not going to get anything. just gently caress my life

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Hector Delgado posted:

My brain is disabled so I would have just gotten really depressed and accepted defeat and would never do anything about it.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Believe me, I hate making phone calls and would have done everything possible before I actually called. Social anxiety seems to be my main hobby.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

don't go to h&r block, like half my poo poo was typos, including my address

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Chief McHeath posted:

I was supposed to have my check mailed on March 26th and it still hasn't arrived :argh:

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Still waiting on my stimmies. Put it in the wrong account. Said they'd mail it on the 29th. It's the 5th.

It can take up to 4 weeks. Maybe you'll get it in time for the weekend or next week!

twitch125 posted:

Didn't get the last 600 dollar check, didn't get the 1400 dollar check, can't seem to get my refund which got accepted by the IRS way back on Feb. 18th. At this point, I've just given up, even though I really, really need it..

Call the IRS. A rep who knows what they're doing can tell you about what's happening on the other side of the fence so you're not sitting in the dark and can take actions to fix things if things were sent but just never made it to you.

Hector Delgado posted:

Believe me, I hate making phone calls and would have done everything possible before I actually called. Social anxiety seems to be my main hobby.

I wish there was a better way too, but the only other way is sending a letter to the service center, and that's got a 30 day timeframe on it. If the IRS had more agents, it'd be easier to get through, but certain people preferred the agency without additional funds for that and well....

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Got my check today and now that I'm rich I think I'm going to buy a yacht.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I’ve been stimulated.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Chief McHeath posted:

Got my check today and now that I'm rich I think I'm going to buy a jetski

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Just a reminder: If you get that prepaid debit card, you can go to EIPcard.com and transfer it to a bank account with no fees.

I just now realized that maybe I should've been a bit suspicious of a site that doesn't end in gov, but I did it last time and it worked so :shrug:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
That site, the cards, and the names of every thing involved (Metabank? Money Network Financial, LLC? :rolleyes:) all look sketchy as hell but they're legit. They look like a scam because the government spent the smallest amount of effort carrying out every aspect of this thing, including naming poo poo and putting official government seals on paperwork.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I'd like to put some hypothetical money into my metaphorical bank

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Colonel Cancer posted:

I'd like to put some hypothetical money into my metaphorical bank

Are you coming on to me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

So many Biden Bucks, Trump Train never got close to this.