Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I. M. Gei posted:

gently caress. I didn’t file tax returns for either of those years (because I was unemployed and got no income) :whitewater:

If you get SSI or some other sort of disability/retirement benefits, you can be evaluated for EIP 3 based on that info. Failing that, if you didn't get the first two EIPs you should file a 2020 return and claim RRC on it; you'll get whatever you're eligible for based on 2020 for both together as a refund and EIP 3 will be issued out maybe a week later. If you did get the first two EIPs.. well, you can either file a return with whatever unemployment income you had or all 0s for 2020 and wait for EIP 3 to be evaluated that way, or you can claim it on a 2021 return based on 2021 eligibility.

If you maybe used the non-filer tool last year and want to know where it is this year... well, let's just say identity thieves ruined it for everybody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

CaptainSarcastic posted:

My fellow Americans, have you received your $1400 stimulus check yet? I saw in the news yesterday that direct deposits could be going out this weekend, and I checked my account today and found that mine was actually deposited yesterday. Biden just signed the bill yesterday, so I can only assume the IRS was just champing at the bit wanting to send me money.

So what are we gonna call this one? The last stimulus payments (stimuli?) were Trumpbux, so are these Bidenbux?

No, I have not. And get my payment tells me “payment status unavailable.” Weirdly because I got the other two stimulus checks right away, and I know I “qualify” because I am a single father who made less than $41k last year.

The only thing I can think is that I filed my 2020 taxes and my ex-wife hasn’t (2019 was her year to claim our child), so maybe there is a disagreement on paper on who gets our kids $1,400; however, my ex-wife makes $130k+ in 2018, 2019, and 2020—so she’s not eligible for poo poo.

And yes, I am the primary custodial parent who in the process of taking my ex, who makes all of that money, back to court for non-payment of child support.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

I got mine. $400 of it went towards car parts I need for regular maintenance, the other $1000 went right into savings because i'm trying to finally buy my first house in the next few months.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I still get the payment status not available. I'm disabled and on SSI and got the last two checks so I don't know what's going to happen this time. Actually I don't remember the 2nd check ever happening. I have a screwed up memory.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

having fun posting posted:

I got my first two promptly but this time the website says the IRS needs more information. I wonder if this is because I filed my 2020 return and didn't get a refund so they deleted my direct deposit info or because I moved.

This is my situation, we filed our 2020 taxes in February and this was the first year we've ever owed (married filing jointly). If I had waited they probably would have used the 2019 deposit information. Boo-urns.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Last time I got that stupid debit card, what a pain in the rear end that was. Probably what I'll get this time... Three months from now.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

spouse posted:

I got mine. $400 of it went towards car parts I need for regular maintenance, the other $1000 went right into savings because i'm trying to finally buy my first house in the next few months.
$1000 down $699,000 to go

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

numberoneposter posted:

$1000 down $699,000 to go

Most of the houses I'm looking at are like $225k. :)

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I still get the payment status not available. I'm disabled and on SSI and got the last two checks so I don't know what's going to happen this time. Actually I don't remember the 2nd check ever happening. I have a screwed up memory.

I'd say check your posts in the covid thread. I feel like you mentioned it there.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I'd say check your posts in the covid thread. I feel like you mentioned it there.

I did? Did I get some insight? I'll check.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Trying to figure out which gun to buy, thanks Biden!

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

three years ago i was on mediCal and the stark contrast is overwhelming sometimes. like the stimulus is 40% more than i paid for my first car that i kept for ten years before giving to my dad to drive, and now the stimulus and my tax return alone is 5 fold more than the most I've ever had in my bank account at any one time

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

My stimuluses have all arrived differently. The first one was deposited to the prepaid debit card that Credit Karma sent my 2019 refund on. The second one was sent as a dumb non-reloadable prepaid debit card. The third one was direct deposited to my actual bank account, which was where I had my 2020 refund go.

I figure the reason I got this third payment so fast and easy was that I had filed my taxes and already got my Federal and State refunds processed, so it was an easy beep boop for the Treasury to send me my Bidenbux.

commielingus
Jan 23, 2021

by Athanatos
Still waiting on my check, joe

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Joe, gimme my loving money, you shithead.

I got video games and drugs calling my name.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

I'm in the same situation, hoping it will show up soon

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

I got mine yesterday and promptly spent it all on new tires.

commielingus
Jan 23, 2021

by Athanatos
Still waiting on my deposit after Get My Payment said it was deposited already, joe

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Uh, isn't that super illegal?

Not if you have two or more kids. I think it's also fairly typical in divorce situations where income/custody/etc is equitable. Each parent will claim at least one of the kids and get the respective benefits but the total of kids claimed cant exceed the total of, actual kids that exist

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Got it.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

My IRS status just changed, it went from "needs more information/you're not eligible" to "we're mailing you something on the 26th." Snail mail. Like a loving caveman.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

neato burrito posted:

My IRS status just changed, it went from "needs more information/you're not eligible" to "we're mailing you something on the 26th." Snail mail. Like a loving caveman.

yeah me too

no idea why, i had the other ones deposited without an issue

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Sweet, getting mine on my bday.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Just checked and now it says that it will be deposited to the account I used to pay my 2019 tax payment deficit by 3/24, despite sending me a paper check for EIP1 and a debit card for EIP2

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Got mine on the 12th, used it to buy a car on the 17th.

13th was my birthday, so thanks for the present uncle joe.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

neato burrito posted:

When I put #### Address Road, I get the first, if I put ### Address Rd I get the second.

The US government should take their own advice and learn 2 code.

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016

Uh, isn't that super illegal?

IANAL and IANACPA, but from what I understand, it's fairly common because we miss out on the 'typical' marriage tax benefits. However, she has a shitload of student loan debt still and mine is paid in full, so filing separately benefits us because her loan repayment isn't based on our combined revenue. But we still get the child credits, etc.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Chief McHeath posted:

When I put #### Address Road, I get the first, if I put ### Address Rd I get the second.

Holy poo poo that is what mine was as well.

"Rd" gave me nothing "road" told me I am getting it on the 24th.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
So it finally clicked over live on the IRS where's my stimulus site to say that I'll get my stimmy next wednesday. Maybe they'll be doing waves of them?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

rotinaj posted:

So it finally clicked over live on the IRS where's my stimulus site to say that I'll get my stimmy next wednesday. Maybe they'll be doing waves of them?

That's when I'm getting mine apparently.

commielingus
Jan 23, 2021

by Athanatos

commielingus posted:

Still waiting on my deposit after Get My Payment said it was deposited already, joe

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
The government of the United States of America owes me two thousand US dollars and zero cents.

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

$1,400 and I still can’t buy a modern GPU

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
gonna use my Biden stimulus to pay off my Trump tax hikes

gently caress Donald Trump forever

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Helpimscared posted:

$1,400 and I still can’t buy a modern GPU

I feel lucky that the timing worked out so with the first stimulus I was able to build this machine, and bought a GPU before poo poo got stupid. Yeah, I don't have an RTX 30x0, but if I hadn't jumped on a GPU last May I'd probably still be waiting to upgrade.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Chief McHeath posted:

Oh goddamn it, this worked for me. What the hell, gubbermint??

Gonna get that stimmy in a couple days and pay some biiiiilllllllsssss

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

commielingus posted:

Did you use TurboTax or one of those options where they take a chunk out of your return instead of paying for services up-front? That happened to a friend of mine and she had to wait til HR Block recieved and cashed her stimulus check, then passed it on to her, for some reason.

I got my old man Biden money and paid my rent, saved for April rent, and paid down a chunk of medical bills and I'm back to zero babey :cool: Also I ordered one (1) pizza.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Lieutenant Dan posted:

Did you use TurboTax or one of those options where they take a chunk out of your return instead of paying for services up-front? That happened to a friend of mine and she had to wait til HR Block recieved and cashed her stimulus check, then passed it on to her, for some reason.

I got my old man Biden money and paid my rent, saved for April rent, and paid down a chunk of medical bills and I'm back to zero babey :cool: Also I ordered one (1) pizza.

What kind of pizza?

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
I returned mine because it wasn't signed by Joe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

Hyrax Attack! posted:

What kind of pizza?

Mushrooms, green peppers, salami, bacon, double cheese :sun: