Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.

Ograbme posted:

I love the German partyboys.

The full party when you got the full going beat was magical.

Loved Egg Head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

Bicyclops posted:

why? it's a game where it's fun to live with your bad rolls. just save often so you don't die at any of the minor difficult parts and live with your choices, like the protagonist does.

Well now I haven't touched the game in many months so I'll probably restart one last time with the new update and experience it anew.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

I love DE but I don't think I'm ready to play it again just to hear voice acting that I'm mostly going to skip through. I hope whoever they found to say HARDCORE TO THE MEGA eighty times really commits.

he 100% does

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

he 100% does

lol awesome

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
I picked this up on the ps4 and the load times between areas are insanely long. Is it that bad on PC too?

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
PS4 version is buggy and crashes but it's the only version I've ever known and it's still pretty great.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Fargield posted:

I picked this up on the ps4 and the load times between areas are insanely long. Is it that bad on PC too?

Maybe during the initial load, but not really a problem between areas.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fargield posted:

No

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

runs super fast on the PC for me, with very short loading times.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Fargield posted:

it is if you somehow have a pc without an SSD in 2021

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have it on my HDD on pc and it only takes a while on first boot. Actual loading is pretty fast.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
/Sigh It's tough being a ps4 gamer

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fargield posted:

/Sigh It's tough being a ps4 gamer

fwiw disco elysium isn't the kind of game you need an epic graphics card or w/e. generally a console gamer so i can easily see things on the TV but the amount of text in DE definitely makes it better as a PC game IMO

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Game is extremely good, every time I think I’m getting stuck or running out of leads new stuff opens up. Lots of internet people talk about the politics and the communism stuff but I’ve been having a blast as an inland empire art cop just getting super abstract and conceptual with everything I run into. It felt like leveling was super slow but then I got the “get exp for every artsy answer” thought and have more skill points than I know what to do with

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's a very good game and the writing pwns. It feels very free even if at the end of the day you're a burned out loser cop no matter what. Its just full of charm the whole way through.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Game is extremely good, every time I think I’m getting stuck or running out of leads new stuff opens up. Lots of internet people talk about the politics and the communism stuff but I’ve been having a blast as an inland empire art cop just getting super abstract and conceptual with everything I run into. It felt like leveling was super slow but then I got the “get exp for every artsy answer” thought and have more skill points than I know what to do with

yeah, the pacing really works well that way, you sort of get down to the rocky bottom of your list and then just when you think you're going to hit a wall, seven new things open up. and you can sort of play him however you want because almost everything has a "gain experience for every time you use this thought" thing. you can easily play most of the game ranting about feminism, the otherwordly apocalypse, or how much you enjoy drugs and it still works out. you can play him as a guy who hit his rock bottom and is finally getting better or as someone who's still circling the drain. just about the only thing he can't be is over his ex-wife.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
Been playing this quite a bit the last few days and its really neat. I’m falling into the trap of not wanting to offend anyone but it seems it’s less fun this way so I’m the next play through I’m going to dabble in the politics and being a oval office paths that are open to you.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I thought playing it the 2nd time around took some of the shine off this game. I thought there might be more difficult to achieve and or different branching paths than there actually are in the game.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Also - Cuno's new voice actor. gently caress off.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
Ehhh I’m kind of stuck here. Got to day 5 and can’t seem to figure out where to go next and have run out of places to get skill points and don’t have much to kill time with either…

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

. just about the only thing he can't be is over his ex-wife.

Actually if you manage to avoid learning about Dolores dei then at the end of the game the nightmare in the bunker doesn't happen and inland empire congratulates you.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

does the ps4 version make you do cursor pointing to move around or can you move directly?

i really don't like click around moving and it was what put me off playing this properly before. also then i heard the final cut version was coming. it's on ps store now for a reasonable price but i want to know about the movement.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

roomtone posted:

does the ps4 version make you do cursor pointing to move around or can you move directly?

i really don't like click around moving and it was what put me off playing this properly before. also then i heard the final cut version was coming. it's on ps store now for a reasonable price but i want to know about the movement.

You can move directly

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Stairmaster posted:

Actually if you manage to avoid learning about Dolores dei then at the end of the game the nightmare in the bunker doesn't happen and inland empire congratulates you.

lol eternal sunshine of the spotless mind I guess

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Anyone get the God and Savior Bernie Sanders ending? Yeah I know he’s a crypto lib chud but it blew my mind, and made me feel like I did my part for the revolution.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

dicks' blown released me cum

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Dongicus posted:

dicks' blown released me cum

It's Dildo Effluvium. Show some respect.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Logic (easy:failure)

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

Anyone get the God and Savior Bernie Sanders ending? Yeah I know he’s a crypto lib chud but it blew my mind, and made me feel like I did my part for the revolution.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i played like 3 sessions of 6 hours each. very cool, but i stopped completely and havent played it again in a month-

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Wormskull posted:

Lol

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

i got to day three and havent picked it back up, even though i really enjoyed it

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
My first run through the game I had the right combination of stats and dialogue choices to kick the fascist guy in the face, and I've never been able to do it again since

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
I finally unlocked what I thought was a slam dunk on the case and then it’s blown wide open again. Voice acting is good (if not for the awesome french accents that all the police force has) and for some reason I find the game world really charming

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I refused to buy it because it had epic politic podcaster voice actors talk about based communism sandwiches but now that they removed them i am buy. I should finish it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

ArfJason posted:

I refused to buy it because it had epic politic podcaster voice actors talk about based communism sandwiches but now that they removed them i am buy. I should finish it
The first npc you talk to being voiced by the loving red scare lady definitely made me wonder what I was getting into lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

my read on the game's politics is that all the NPCs who talk about it are meant to sound like raving lunatics or selfish manipulators, but I played it before they added the new politics quests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

my read on the game's politics is that all the NPCs who talk about it are meant to sound like raving lunatics or selfish manipulators, but I played it before they added the new politics quests.

That's pretty accurate, the developers are Eastern European communists which pretty much means they've given up on hoping for anything good to ever happen without immediately being ruined by the kind of people you meet in the game lol