Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.

Ograbme posted:

I love the German partyboys.

The full party when you got the full going beat was magical.

Loved Egg Head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

Bicyclops posted:

why? it's a game where it's fun to live with your bad rolls. just save often so you don't die at any of the minor difficult parts and live with your choices, like the protagonist does.

Well now I haven't touched the game in many months so I'll probably restart one last time with the new update and experience it anew.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

I love DE but I don't think I'm ready to play it again just to hear voice acting that I'm mostly going to skip through. I hope whoever they found to say HARDCORE TO THE MEGA eighty times really commits.

he 100% does

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

You can't take it with you, you know.

Fungah! posted:

he 100% does

lol awesome

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

I picked this up on the ps4 and the load times between areas are insanely long. Is it that bad on PC too?

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Be the change you want see in the world

PS4 version is buggy and crashes but it's the only version I've ever known and it's still pretty great.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Fargield posted:

I picked this up on the ps4 and the load times between areas are insanely long. Is it that bad on PC too?

Maybe during the initial load, but not really a problem between areas.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fargield posted:

No

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

runs super fast on the PC for me, with very short loading times.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Fargield posted:

it is if you somehow have a pc without an SSD in 2021

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

I have it on my HDD on pc and it only takes a while on first boot. Actual loading is pretty fast.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

/Sigh It's tough being a ps4 gamer

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fargield posted:

/Sigh It's tough being a ps4 gamer

fwiw disco elysium isn't the kind of game you need an epic graphics card or w/e. generally a console gamer so i can easily see things on the TV but the amount of text in DE definitely makes it better as a PC game IMO

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Game is extremely good, every time I think I’m getting stuck or running out of leads new stuff opens up. Lots of internet people talk about the politics and the communism stuff but I’ve been having a blast as an inland empire art cop just getting super abstract and conceptual with everything I run into. It felt like leveling was super slow but then I got the “get exp for every artsy answer” thought and have more skill points than I know what to do with

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

It's a very good game and the writing pwns. It feels very free even if at the end of the day you're a burned out loser cop no matter what. Its just full of charm the whole way through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Game is extremely good, every time I think I’m getting stuck or running out of leads new stuff opens up. Lots of internet people talk about the politics and the communism stuff but I’ve been having a blast as an inland empire art cop just getting super abstract and conceptual with everything I run into. It felt like leveling was super slow but then I got the “get exp for every artsy answer” thought and have more skill points than I know what to do with

yeah, the pacing really works well that way, you sort of get down to the rocky bottom of your list and then just when you think you're going to hit a wall, seven new things open up. and you can sort of play him however you want because almost everything has a "gain experience for every time you use this thought" thing. you can easily play most of the game ranting about feminism, the otherwordly apocalypse, or how much you enjoy drugs and it still works out. you can play him as a guy who hit his rock bottom and is finally getting better or as someone who's still circling the drain. just about the only thing he can't be is over his ex-wife.