Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Rolling out a pie crust is impossible. It's never going to be the right shape. It's always going to fall apart. I don't know what scam bakers are running, but no loving way can anybody actually do this poo poo the way it's described. Anyone who tells you different is a God drat liar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
What is your hot take on cake OP

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Look up oil pie crust recipe, they're really hard to gently caress up.

Not nearly as good as a butter pastry crust but very very easy.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

if you can't roll out a pie crust you're a god drat idiot go back to clown college with other people like you

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Hell Yeah posted:

if you can't roll out a pie crust you're a god drat idiot go back to clown college with other people like you

if he went to clown college wouldn't he be good at making pies

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Aardvark! posted:

if he went to clown college wouldn't he be good at making pies

no. that's throwing pies. here's your bus ticket

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Roll from the middle every stroke peasant, you gotta spread it. Do not come for pie like this

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Hell Yeah posted:

no. that's throwing pies. here's your bus ticket

where the gently caress do you think the pies come from ??? Some kind of ... Pie supplier?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Aardvark! posted:

where the gently caress do you think the pies come from ??? Some kind of ... Pie supplier?

it's called a bakery bozo

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I bet OP is real good at eating pies.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Hell Yeah posted:

if you'd been smart enough for clown college then maybe you'd be familiar with a little thing called VERTICAL INTEGRATION

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hell Yeah posted:

When they bake pies for clowns they're a bozo bakery

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Buy the already made pie crust that's already in the pans OP. Save yourself some steps.

Then you can fill it up with cream. Easy.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
wow OP you'll never be a proper grandmother with that kind of attitude

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
They also have pre-made graham cracker pie crusts

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
I come here to post about the joys of Key Lime Pie! (and I'm more of a cake fan)

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

What happened with cheesecakes & Boston Cream Pies? They got their classification wrong.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
pie is actually cool and easy to make, heres the trick with pie crust just cut off the edges and make it round lol

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Maybe you should learn to make a better pie crust

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

ok real pie talk here. the problem most ppl have is that they are told to add as little water as possible to prevent gluten but honestly you can add a little more water than you would think and it makes your pie easy to roll out and doesn't effect the texture of the crust negatively at all. that's if you're not a drat clown like the op

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I think you're confused, OP.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I bet OP likes cream pies

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
ive cooked some pretty involved dishes, love to cook, but baking kicks my rear end. idk what it is, my dough is never in the right place

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Rolling out a pie crust is impossible. It's never going to be the right shape. It's always going to fall apart. I don't know what scam bakers are running, but no loving way can anybody actually do this poo poo the way it's described. Anyone who tells you different is a God drat liar.

Maybe if you tried again instead of posting about it you wouldn't suck at making pie crust.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoWCMzHWlRk - Here's Bill Burr making a pie crust with very simple instructions and his trademark small angry man delivery if that helps you.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
This is a pretty lovely thing to post on the day before pi day, op

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It’s literally easy as pie moran. :jerkbag:

Flour your cutting board tho, that’s probably it. :hmmyes:

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Sounds like you should try making a cobbler, which is like a pie for lazy people.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

yeah pie is overrated in general

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
My mom is like 100 years old and she can still make a decent pie crust

Come on man

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

This was a good pie.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

A birthday pie is better than a birthday cake every time.

Ice cream cake? Feh. Melt ice cream ON a pie, checkmate.

I will fight for this cause

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
three point one four one five nine two seven

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Indeed, many prominent scientists say that pi is a pretender, and tau=2*pi is the more natural number to base our math on

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Put the ball of dough in the middle of your pie dish

Mash it around with your fingers or maybe the bottom of a glass until it fills the whole thing and is approximately the right shape.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Everytime I make a pie I get a soggy bottom, because right after I eat my perfectly made pie I poo poo my pants.

Ingredients:

Crust: best wheat of the harvest, mountain spring water

Filling: Garbage fruit I found in a dumpster

Someone please help me make pie, my stomach lining is dying

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

its not pie if you dont poo poo ur pants after

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing

Hell Yeah posted:

ok real pie talk here. the problem most ppl have is that they are told to add as little water as possible to prevent gluten but honestly you can add a little more water than you would think and it makes your pie easy to roll out and doesn't effect the texture of the crust negatively at all. that's if you're not a drat clown like the op

I make all-butter cold water crust and it's really just getting a sense for how cold it should be, how long to cut in the butter, how much water to add, how long to chill the dough before rolling, how to put it in the pan, blind baking to get it cooked right.

It just takes practice, when I wanted to start making them I made pies all the time until I got a good routine going. And some of those first pies were really bad.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

FactsAreUseless posted:

When they bake pies for clowns they're a bozo bakery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLXtHU_HGXs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Hell Yeah posted:

Pat in water while rolling it out if dry, pat in flower if sticky. Add either one without hesitation