Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Lupo St. Faba
Weapon: Pokk Wand - Damage: 10d10; Range: 1 hex
Artifacts: Traksledge, Geomark, Tekka Node

At the site of a previous D.I.E. skirmish in the desert, Lupo St. Faba found a curious little artifact. It was barely the size of a postage stamp, easily missed by whoever did the last post-D.I.E. reclamation. Lupo didn't know what to make of it; he took a swig from his canteen as he considered what to do with it. Hmm, maybe a Tekker could figure it out. He walked back to the Waylund and began the work of cross referencing his copy of the Hexen manifest. After a few minutes of searching, he dialed his Traksledge's comm unit to Nobeard's frequency.

- - -

"Thank you for meeting with me. Hopefully you'll be able to get more use out of this thing than I'd be able to. Got to be going now, no such thing as rest for the Logistics and Procurement division."

MOVE 1: 95C -> 82F
Give "Nobeard" the Tekka Node!
MOVE 2: 82F -> 96D
Double Water Tile: 2#1d6 2 6
What events?: 2#1d6 4 6 Let's go with WATER WITCHERY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Fred Needle
Move: 2 | Wounds: 0/3
Weapon: Dynavoulge
Artifacts: Brikk Armour, Binding Talisman

The road had taken him as far as it could. Fred ventured through the dense, unusually quiet forest south of Bellwood. No chance of getting lost; the Dire Inscrutable Engine towered over the woods, casting everything in an unnatural shadow. All you had to do was walk towards it.

And then, suddenly, there it was. Fred crested a small ridge and saw the beast in all its glory, firing some kind of light-beam into the ground beneath itself. This was it. His battleplan was sheer elegance in its simplicity: get close, use weapon, if possible repeat. Fred unholstered his Dynavoulge from his back, pointed it at the D.I.E., muttered a prayer, and fired.

Moving to 34D, firing weapon.
Firing Dynavoulge: 1d1000 529
Forest Event?: 2#1d6 3 3 No.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Icaru Santeria
Artifacts: HookFoot & TrakSledge - Ignore Mountain movement penalties, +2 Move, and Drag adjacent allies

While trailblazing through the forests north of Centerville, the pilot-tekkanic Icaru Santeria tuned through the radio servers being broadcast over the local region's communications bands. The experimental RidgeRunner developer was searching for additional information on engaging the D.I.E. on its own terms...

Suddenly, one of the broadcast wavelengths Icaru had been monitoring caught her attention with a selection of announcement music. She listened attentively:

Dog Kisser posted:

"The DIE has located Garistals. If you should happen upon one, bring it to the nearest city center, denoted by any City Icon Tile. We can use them to assault the beast with siege curses. As long as the DIE is within 2 Hexes of City Icon Tile infused by Garistals, any Hexen in the associated city can fire off the curse."
"Garistals, huh?" Icaru hemmed and hawed over the novel Hexen-class intel to determine what to do, searching her system's maps for the nearest Garistal's signals. "Okay, I think we can make that detour!"

Icaru veered rightward on her RidgeRunner's controls and set it on a course straight for Bellwood, the northwest city nestled between two small mountain ranges. Where she was going from thereon out, it was anyone's guess...

By the time Icaru had reached the outskirts of the city of Bellwood, the chatter on the channels confirmed that someone else had picked up the Garistal that Icaru had been tracking. Taking a sniping position atop a parking garage with her RidgeRunner, Icaru pulled out her Pokk Wand from her vehicle's trunk and aimed down its sights at the massive D.I.E., looking for any signs of vulnerability.

She fired off a slew of shots, for whatever good that did.

It seemed... angry.

"Mighty fine shot there, little lady, but you're overthinking it," came a kind woman's voice on the communicators. "You gotta rely on your instincts. Don't sight it out or nothin, just draw and shoot."

Icaru sighed and thanked the woman for her advice and stowed her weapon. She'd have to try again later. She revved up her RidgeRunner and made a break for the forests off to the north.

"Hey - you need a lift, kid?" Icaru called to Garvin Valestein over the communications bands. "Because I'm coming your way, regardless! That Garistal you found is top quality, and it'll do no one any good if it's left out in the woods..."

Position: Move 1: 70B >> [NW6] >> 21B
Attack: Pokk Wand vs D.I.E.: 10d10 49
Event Chance: Double Forest: 2#1d6 5 4 - no event!

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 16, 2021

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Glottis - 191G

DYNAVOULGE
Brikk Armor, Travel Rations

"Hear ye! Hear ye! Calm down! Please, dear friends, dear citizens of Confluxx!" The crowd was being real loud today. An endless mass of heads, roaring incoherently in panic, swinging brooms, throwing rotten eggs. Standing on the speaker's balcony Glottis could only barely make his voice heard over the wall of noise. Mainly thanks to the enchantments in place for beseeching the market square like this. "Please! Hear me out! I know that the rumors of the Engine's return have us all on the edge, I know."

"But panicking will help nobody!" There was anguish in Glottis' voice. The front rows of the crowd grew noticably quieter. The masks of anger and fear upon the people's faces started to fall off, making room for sympathy, and understanding. "I know that you are rightly angry. Rightly afraid of what could happen to our city! But say that the entire city guard were to rush out to follow a rumor? Who will keep us safe then? If we lose our grasp of the here and now, who will bake the bread, sweep the streets? Who will keep the trakks running on time? Nobody, since everybody would be out chasing a dream."

The mob was barely making a noise now. Their aimless anger dissolved on account of Glottis' speech. And also due to his friends removing worst of the agitators from the crowd.

"Yet something must be done, on that we all agree. When I took this office of a humble civil servant, I swore an oath to do everything in my power to keep our beloved city safe. And everything in my power I will do!" Glottis slammed his fist on the speaker's podium. "...I know that several of you have voiced the opinion that I should investigate these worrying rumors in person, and yes, I see the wisdom in that. However! What of you then? Of what use would I be if I were to abandon all of you in this hour of need? What if a threat comes to meet us from the east while our finest are bound up in the west? That.. could come to the worst. It is not a risk that any of us can in good conscience take."

The city folk clasped their fingers, listening in rapturous convinction.

Glottis spread his arms wide. "But that does not mean that we are doing nothing! Fear not my friends, my family. Security at the city walls has already been tightened, and our finest tekkineers are finalising the designs of new protective measures. Our great city has also already dispatched runners to investigate the veracity of these tall tales. To see if the hysteria that has overtaken our neighbours is rooted in any kind of reality." Glottis taps the side of his head. "I also am personally in touch with the representatives of the other settlements. If there are any new developments in the situation, our ruling council will be informed, and thus be able to respond, at once. In fact, I have just received confirmation that the none other than the esteemed Hans GrÜber is already on the case, and has just made a breakthrough in his investigation! Answers are sure to be forthcoming!"

"So I plead you! Have faith in us! For everything we have done for you! For Confluxx!"

The crowd bursts out in cheering and applause.

City Double Event: 2d6 [2, 6]

City Event Choice: 1d6 1 - GOOD REST

That night Glottis went out with his extended family to eat at his favorite restaurant. Oh, it had been a long day.

Jvie fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Mar 16, 2021

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Stebhen Ervin
Wounds: 0/2
Weapon: Dynavoulge- Range 1, Loaded, 1d1000
Artifacts:
Paddle foot- No move penalty on Water tiles
Travel Rations- +1 hp on self or ally, FREE ACTION

Diekey! That's a big beaut!

Stebhen saw the top of the D.I.E from so far away. It was certainly a terrifying sight. However, he was used to tangling with big terrifying beasties. All you had to do was know how they reacted instinctually and a careful zoologist could train even the most stubborn allidietor into a purring kitthex.

Stebhen made his way out of the sea, thanking God paddle foot for it's loyal service, and began to hitchhike down the road. He'd get there eventually, and by the time he did he'd know how to train the big beautiful monstrosity.

Move 1: 98C to 97F
Move 2: 97F to 96D +2 road to 95D

Event: No
Desert event 95D: 1d6 3

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

Name: David Tennant
Wounds: 0/2, 0/1(temp til city)
Artifact #1: Jokrunner - +4 Move on roads
Artifact #2: Geomark - Roll twice when gaining an event and pick either

Starting Position: 86e

Hangover still screaming David stops off at some random city. He notices a sketchy street vendor to the side of a market. After some chatter he finds out the berries being sold are not fit for human consumption, some kind of contamination with a medical facility. David figures "alcohol kills bad things right?" And takes the berries. They're sweet but even sweeter when flash fermented. With that he is back on the road and while riding through a particularly lovely forest road he stops off to finish his sweet berry wine and relieve himself against a particularly loud tree.

Turn(s) End Position: 39d

Tile event (double): Tile Event 2: 2#1d6 5 5

The tree isn't particularly impressed apparently.

stevey666 fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Mar 16, 2021

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Jenny the Kid
Initial Location: 141B
Move: 2 | Wounds: 0/2
Weapon: Pokk Wand
Artifacts: Jokrunner, Geomark

After packing up her campsite, Jenny made for another hard day's ride. By the end of it, she was parked at the base of a tree, just within sight of the DIE. Might get squashed tomorrow. Hell, I ain't got no regrets. Cept the one.

Double move. First move: 3NE 2NW 1NE 1E. Second move: 7NW. Ending on 35D.

Climbing up for a better look, she saw another Hexen, camped out on a parking garage.

Lux Animus posted:

By the time she reached the city of Bellwood, the chatter on the channels confirmed that someone else had picked up the Garistal that Icaru had been tracking. Taking a sniping position atop a parking garage with her RidgeRunner, Icaru pulled out her Pokk Wand from her vehicle's trunk and aimed down its sights at the massive D.I.E., looking for any signs of vulnerability.

"Mighty fine shot there, little lady, but you're overthinking it. You gotta rely on your instincts. Don't sight it out or nothin, just draw and shoot."

As the sun set, Jenny took out a harmonica and began to play. But something caught her eye...

Forest icon tile event roll 1: 2d6 3, 6
Forest event roll (Geomark): 2d6 3, 3

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Portrait: 16
Name: Cassandra "Cassie" Nelson
Turn Start: 35A
Artifacts: Brikk Armor, Farcaster

Attack with Farcasted Dynavoulge

55 Damage :doh:

Move 1E to 35B

Event dice 1 & 6 - Event!

Event Result 3 - The Finest Smiths

Cassie stumbled and the bulk of her next attack went wide. Shamed, and a little concerned by the monster's declaration, she fell back deeper into the city. Her pole arm was ancient and perhaps had not been cared for as well as it should. Perhaps someone in the city could help her fix it?

jng2058 fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Mar 16, 2021

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Name: "Mad" Jack
Current position: 96e
Artifacts: Paddle foot, Geomark

Jack squinted as the first few to leave the city disappeared over the horizon, and looked out at the mountains on the other shore. His knee was a little stiff -- meant the D.I.E. was near. Or... something about mermaids. Or maybe it was just about to rain. No matter -- time to get moving.

Double move, 96E -> 82D and 82D -> 67E/68C

Water double roll: 5, 6 (Event roll w/ Geomark: 5,4, if I have to pick before the specifics are revealed then I'll take Deep Secrets)
Mountain roll: 1

Discussion Quorum fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Mar 16, 2021

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Discussion Quorum posted:

Double move, 96E -> 82D and 82D -> 67E/68C

Water double roll: 5, 6 (Event roll w/ Geomark: 5,4, if I have to pick before the specifics are revealed then I'll take Deep Secrets)
Mountain roll: 1
1. Sorry, only roll events for where you finish your turn (tile 67E)
2. It's a desert and not a mountain anyhow! Not that this is necessarily the case, but for you and people in general if there's difficulties differentiating tile colours let me know.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Pacifica
Artifacts: Paddlefoot, Geomark

So close...and two of them. And yet the D.I.E. was preparing to move again. Collecting the Garistals was easier than expected, but the lingering threat of being crushed out of nowhere remained.

Move: 32D to 17D, collect Garistal VI
Move: 17D to 3G, collect Garistal II
Water Double Event: 2#1d6 4... 4...

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Dog Kisser posted:

1. Sorry, only roll events for where you finish your turn (tile 67E)
2. It's a desert and not a mountain anyhow! Not that this is necessarily the case, but for you and people in general if there's difficulties differentiating tile colours let me know.

Some of the pictures are a bit small in the Awful app on my phone. Not in an "I can't make sense of this" sort of way, but I was bouncing around and got mixed up :doh:

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Lovelace
Move: 2 | Wounds: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Artifacts: Tekka Board, Binding Talisman

After another long day of walking, Lovelace reaches the outskirts of Centerville. She stops at a rest site just outside the walls and spends the evening fretting over all the combat reports coming in. No overt violence from the DIE yet, but it was just a matter of time.

Double move: 130D → 101D → 72F. Double forest event: 2#1d6 4 5 Womp womp.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Even as the DIE made ominous gestures and sparkled with warning runes, the Hexen advanced!

HEXEN REPORTS posted:

15 - Hands GrÜber returns GARISTAL V to 86C! Centerville Siege Curse at 5d100!
6 - Garvin Valestein encounters a Forest Event: 6 REGROWTH TILE AND ADJACENT TILES BECOME UNSQUASHED
1 - “Nobeard” interfaces with the DIE! Tekka Board reads [3];DIE-SUBSYSTEM-5-6 [3]: 3d6 5, 2, 6; [CONNECTION FAILURE]
41 - Lupo St. Faba encounters a Water Event: 4 WATER WITCHERY SPAWN A GARISTAL IN A RANDOM WATER TILE WITHIN 1D6 TILES
    RANGE: 1d6 5 TILES GARISTAL: 1d6 TIER 2
    Tier II Garistal Discovered in 109G
    Water Charm unlocked for new units!
38 - Fred Needle attacks DIE-D for 529 Damage!
36 - Icaru Santeria attacks DIE-C for 49 Damage!
42 - Glottis encounters a City Event: 1 GOOD REST GAIN A TEMPORARY BONUS WOUND
    City Charm unlocked for new units!
26 - Jenny the Kid encounters Forest Event: 3 WOODWIND CHARM ADJACENT ALLY GAINS DOUBLE MOVE THIS TURN OR NEXT
16 - Cassie Nelson attacks DIE-C for 55 Damage!; Cassie encounters a City Event: 3 THE FINEST SMITHS WEAPON GAINS ADDITIONAL 1D10

DIE-AGNOSTICS posted:

And the the folks of the land watched, muscles tense, to see how it would respond.

DIE SUBSYSTEM ACTION posted:

[SYSTEM2-AGGRESSION]
<єภﻮคﻮเภﻮ ђ๏รՇเɭєร. קɭєครє รՇєק คฬคץ Ŧг๏๓ Շђเร ยภเՇ คภ๔ รђєɭՇєг เภ ק-ק-קɭคςє.>
DIE-SUBSYSTEM: 1d6 1
    1 FIERCE DARTS [2] HIT 2D6 TARGETS IN 1D6 HEX RANGE FOR 1 WOUND
    Runic circles appear on a nearby facet of the creature before spewing forth crystalline spears.
DIE-TARGETING: 2d6 11 DIE-RANGE: 1d6 5
The DIE attacks 11 Targets within 5 Hexes!
Units 40, 38, 30, 26, 16, 36, 6, 1, 41, 33 take 1 Wound!
UNLUCKY SOD: 1d10 2 Unit 38 takes another Wound! Binding Talisman prevents death!

A bloody first salvo from the Dire Inscrutable Engine winds the Hexen, but fails to claim a single life. As the news ripples across the land, a scattered, nervous cheer rises from the hapless townsfolk. Go, Hexen!

DIE SYSTEM CHANGE posted:

DIE-SYSTEM: 1d6 4
[SYSTEM4-ANTI-INTRUSION]
<ยภคยՇђ๏гเչє๔ Շђคย๓เς รץรՇє๓ร คςςєรร. ๔єรเรՇ.>

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Mar 17, 2021

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Jenny the Kid
Initial Location: 35D
Move: 2 | Wounds: 1/2

"drat!" Jenny said as the DIE's barrage wounded her. After limping to the nearby settlement on her steel horse, she raised her sixguns to the massive construct. "You beat me to the draw, but we'll see who's still standing." With a shout, she emptied her revolvers into its hide, before someone carted her off to the hospital.

Moving 1W 1SW to end up in 50A. Attacking with Pokk Wand.

Pokk Wand vs. DIE: 10d10 55

End of turn, heal to Wounds: 0/2.

City event roll 1: 1d6 6
City event roll (Geomark): 2d6 3, 3

As she was being patched up, someone took a look at her sixguns and said they could make some improvements. "Sure," said the kid, "just be careful with my babies."

edit:

Lux Animus posted:

"Hey, all Hexen near Bellwood! I'm creating a caravan just south of the city with my modified TrakSledge! Come hitch your rides to the RidgeRunner and we'll be in Cincinero by dawn!"

"Darlin', you're a lifesaver," Jenny said as she hitched her motorcycle to the RidgeRunner. Putting her feet up, she started playing a new tune on a flute she'd felt the urge to carve. Somehow, the cowgirl's soulful melody spurred Icaru to keep moving long past when she would've normally had to rest.

Used Woodwind Charm on #36 Icaru Santeria. Dragged by her TrakSledge on her turn. Jenny ends up on tile 59A.

Otherkinsey Scale fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Mar 17, 2021

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Glottis - 191G
HP: 3/2

DYNAVOULGE

Glottis whiled away the evening at a cafe. Still in his armor of course. One had to always be prepared to rush to the defense of his home. But thankfully things had calmed down already.

City Double Event: 2d6 [6, 2]

City Event Choice: 1d6 2 - GOOD CHEER

As he was walking back home, Glottis kept being intercepted by citizenry who wanted to personally thank him for putting their worries to rest at yesterday's speech. Oh course, of course, merely doing my job. Why, thank you!

It was quite pleasant. Sharing chatter with the neighbors, assuring them that the "baleful lights" flashing in the distance were merely natural foetonikk phenomena caused by the sun.

Jvie fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Mar 17, 2021

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

jng2058 posted:

Turn Start: 35A

55 Damage :doh:

Move 1E to 35B

Event dice 1 & 6 - Event!

Cassie stumbled and the bulk of her next attack went wide. Shamed, and a little concerned by the monster's declaration, she fell back deeper into the city. Her pole arm was ancient and perhaps had not been cared for as well as it should. Perhaps someone in the city could help her fix it?

Say, shouldn't my 55 damage still have hit?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Icaru Santeria
Wounds: 1 -> 2/2
Artifacts: HookFoot & TrakSledge - Ignore Mountain movement penalties, +2 Move, and Drag adjacent allies

There was a sudden flash of terrible activity as the D.I.E. unleashed a torrent of jagged fletchettes directed at damaging the Hexen, which included Icaru Santeria and Garvin Valestein in their impromptu camp by the Garistal he'd claimed. Both of them were injured in the D.I.E.'s attack but were still alive and on the mend while they traveled together. Icaru's first instinct after they'd tended to their injuries was to get everything into the RidgeRunner as fast as possible and bolt.

Garvin had mentioned something about wanting to get the Garistal to a city center, so she brought him nearer to the center of Bellwood while at the same time hailing all the other nearby Hexen on the communications channels.

"Hey, all Hexen near Bellwood! I'm creating a caravan just south of the city with my modified TrakSledge! Come hitch your rides to the RidgeRunner and we'll be in Cincinero by dawn!"

Icaru drank deep from an invigorating travel drink she'd picked up on the way through town. It was going to be a long night of travel, she could tell. Even though she'd had her radio set to the Hexen's vocal communication bands, she was being haunted by a strange melody that drove her further towards reaching her destination.

Move 1: 21B >> [SW3, W1] >> 35C, Drag #06 Garvin Valestein from 7C to 34B
Special: Receive benefits of Woodwind Charm from #26 Jenny the Kid to SW - Speed doubled!
Move 2: 35C >> [E12] >> 41C, Drag [All willing adjacent to 34E/35C*] East 12 tiles!
Event Chance: Double City: 2#1d6 4 5 - no event!
Zone: Heal 1 wound while in a City tile!

*This includes #06 Garvin Valestein, #26 Jenny the Kid, #38 Fred Needle, and anyone else who would end their turns adjacent to 34E/35C and are willing! Please note this in your orders!

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Mar 17, 2021

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Alf the Grand
Weapon: DynaVoulge
Artifacts: FarCaster & Tekka Board
Wounds: 0/3 (away from city)

Starting Position: 39d
First move: NW W W W (all road) 37b
Second move W NW 22d

Double event chance (Forest): 2#1d6 2 4

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Lovelace

"Lucky I wasn't there yet, I suppose. Or was it prescient??" Lovelace sits on the side of the road, rubbing her tired feet, and watches the sledge full of wounded Hexen blaze past her, back towards Cincinero. She raises her hand at it in acknowledgement, then turns her gaze back west towards the DIE.

Double move: 72F → 58D → 58A Forest event double roll: 2#1d6 2 3 :shrug: :munch:

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

Starting Position: 39d

More miles on the road. Bladder full, more trees are found.

Turn(s) End Position: 21e

Tile event (double): Tile Event 3: 2#1d6 3 5

Trees are still unimpressed.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Name: "Nobeard"
Weapon: DynaVoulge
Artifacts: Tekka Board & Paddlefoot
Wounds: 1/2

Move to 67.D

"Yarrrgh!"

NoBeard dives for the ground as the crystalline spears hurtle towards him, tearing chunks of flesh from his legs and torso.

"Yarr, ye think that'lk keep down old NoBeard? Prepare yerself fer a watery grave!"

Tekk attack Vs subsystem 1: 2#1d6 1 1
Event?: 1d6 1 No.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Name: Hans GrÜber
Artifacts: JokRunner & Brikk Armor

Jvie posted:

"In fact, I have just received confirmation that the none other than the esteemed Hans GrÜber is already on the case, and has just made a breakthrough in his investigation! Answers are sure to be forthcoming!"

A telltale note rang from Glottis' pocket, notifying him of an intercepted thaumic string.

~~An Incoming Tek Message~~

quote:

I correspond only with HUMAN BEINGS, not mere SLUGS that can barely breathe.
~~The End~~

Hans, for his part, was riding along the beaches, taking note of the caravan heading east. Bah.

Let those without WILL flee like the slavish cowards they are.

Move 1: Move 2E 6NW to 38c
Move 2: Move 1NE 1NW to 23d

Event Chance: Double Desert: 2#1d6 5 5 (denied once more)

Theantero fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Mar 17, 2021

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

jng2058 posted:

Say, shouldn't my 55 damage still have hit?

It absolutely should have - and may have but not been flagged. I'll double check!

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Wounds: 1/2
Turn Start: 35B
Weapon: Dynavoulge Enhanced (+1d10)

Move 1W to 35A

City Heal -1 Wound

260 Damage

Event die 6 - Event!

Cassie emerged from the foundry with a new sense of determination....and walked right into an energy blast. Her mighty crush resistant armor did nothing to protect her from the assault, and she reeled under the assault. Wounded but unafraid, she headed back into the fray. Her next dance move was a more aggressive one, and seemed to connect harder than any she'd made so far, but she couldn't help but feel that she had yet to untap the weapon's true potential. Some vigilant locals emerged from hiding to assist their champion, some providing salves and balms for her wounds, others working to strengthen her weapon even further. With all the people in the world battling against the monster, how could they fail?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Stebhen Ervin
Weapon: Dynavoulge- Range 1, Loaded, 1d1000
Artifacts:
Paddle foot- No move penalty on Water tiles
Travel Rations- +1 hp on self or ally, FREE ACTION

Dice save the Queen! That beaut has got quite a temper! If I'm going to save the wildlife of this world I'll need to show this little bestie just who's in charge!

Eating travel ration -1 wound, ration spent
Move: 95D to 49D, including the +2 road move bonus

Event: No
Mountain event 49D: 1d6 2

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Pacifica
Wounds: 1
Garistal: VI, II

Ow

This was bad. And it sounded like the D.I.E. was gearing up for another attack of some kind. They needed to get back to civilization, fast. And the only way for Pacifica to return...was straight through the D.I.E. Perhaps the nearby forests would have something of use

Move: 18A to 33A
Move: 33A to 33E
Forest Double Event: 2#1d6 3 4 :suicide:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Garvin Valestein
Move: 2 | Wounds: [ ] [-]
Artifacts: FarCaster, Travel Rations

Garvin was a practical person. He knew that whining about his body being in pain wouldn't help. So he nodded and hopped in the vehicle that Icaru had whipped up as she transported the group away from the DIE to heal and work up.

I consent to the transport, this puts my new starting position in 40B

Garvin still had to walk a little to get into the city, but all things considered, it wasn't as hard or bad as it could have been.

Double Move: end location of 41E/42C

Well, it wasn't the place he wanted to drop off the Garistal, but it'd do.

Give the city of Cincinero the Garistal!
Heal one Wound!
City Event Check!: 2#1d6 5 5
No Event.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Lupo St. Faba
Wounds: 1/2 -> 2/2
Artifacts: Traksledge, Geomark

MOVE 1: 95C -> 109G
Pick up Tier 3 Garistal
MOVE 2: 109G -> 139F

1 Wound Healed!
City Double Event: 2#1d6 5 3

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Fred Needle
Move: 2 | Wounds: 2/3

Fred had scored a palpable hit. Half of the DIE's nearest face was scorched, the runes disfigured, the flickering more erratic. Then the beast took its turn. A wave of crystalline spears emerged from somewhere near its top and flew through the air in all directions, but the majority were aimed solely at him. There was nothing Fred or his antique Brikk Armour could do, and his body was turned into a pincushion. Fred could feel that it was only the arcane power of his Binding Talisman, thrumming with magical energy around his neck, that was keeping his body alive. He thought he heard a voice on the wind:

Lux Animus posted:

Fred tried to shout back, but the pain in his lungs was too great. Wait, was the voice on one of these new-fangled radio doodads? So, it's this button... "Hello, voice. Thank you, but no. Cincinero's too far away. I must be close to the beast to fell it. Best of luck to you all. Oh, and if you happen to pass through Trentotto on your way, tell the folks in the bar there Fred Needle whupped that beast good!"

With that, Fred started the process of recharging his Dynavoulge, and took slow, haltering steps to the outskirts of Bellwood. Hopefully someone in the nearby suburbs knew the best cure for crystalline spear wounds.

Moving to 20F/34B. Reloading Dynavoulge. Ending in city, healing 1 Wound.
Event?: 1d6 1 No.

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 17, 2021

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Current position: 67E
Artifacts: Paddle foot, Geomark
Wounds: 1/2 (I had this backwards but will now count down instead of up)

"Agh! 'Tis but a splinter! I've had worse from being stove in by the kraken!"

He did need to get this handled though. The little towns were likely to be full of other injured hexen, but Centerville was close enough.

Double move straight east, 67E -> 68E -> 69E/70C

Forest double event roll: 3, 2

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

The DIE was looking at them now, dozens of eyes flitting back and forth between them with alien cunning.

HEXEN REPORTS posted:

26 - Jenny the Kid attacks DIE-D for 55 Damage! Jenny encounters a City Event: 3 THE FINEST SMITHS WEAPON GAINS ADDITIONAL 1D10
42 - Glottis encounters a City Event: 2 GOOD CHEER +1 MOVE WHILE ON CONTIGUOUS CITY OR ROAD TILE
16 - Cassie encounters a City Event: 3 THE FINEST SMITHS WEAPON GAINS ADDITIONAL 1D10 And sadly yes the Dynavoulge needs to reload (which this turn counted as)
1 - “Nobeard” interfaces with the DIE! Tekka Board reads [1, 1];DIE-SUBSYSTEM-2-1 [2]: 2d6 2, 5; [CONNECTION FAILURE]
6 - Garvin Valestein returns GARISTAL VI to 42C! Cincinero Siege Curse at 6d100!

DIE-AGNOSTICS posted:

DIE SUBSYSTEM ACTION posted:

[SYSTEM4-ANTI-INTRUSION]
<ﻮ-ﻮєՇ ๏ยՇ ๏Ŧ ๓ץ ђєค๔! єгг๏г. รקเภภเภﻮ ยק Շгคภร-Շгคภร-Շгคภร->
DIE-SUBSYSTEM: 1d6 2
    2 FOLLOW THE ASTRAL TETHER [3] TELEPORT TO HEX 1D6 ADJACENT TO RECENT TEKKA BOARD USER
    Your Tekka Board flashes ancient warnings you cannot decipher - and then the DIE is upon you!
DIE-ANGLE: 1d6 3
DIE appears in Hex 68!

Twin flashes of uncanny lightning mark the displacement of the DIE, the movement sending catastrophic winds careening through the valley. Diestralia flew into high alert, the Engine looming large beyond their walls. One false move, one errant step, would spell the end of the city. Help them, Hexen!

DIE SYSTEM CHANGE posted:

[DIE-SYSTEM: 1d6 1
[SYSTEM1-DETECTION]
<เ รєє ץ๏ย. เ รєє ץ๏ย. เ รєє ץ๏ย. เ รєє ץ๏ย.>

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 18, 2021

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Fred Needle
Move: 2 | Wounds: 1/3

They found him slowly staggering down Rookwood St., a grim figure in old armour, a Dynavoulge strapped to his back, crystalline shards poking out of him everywhere. A good samaritan raised the alarm, called the MedicMobile™ and, after a brief conversation, he was taken to Rookwood Hospital, near the city centre. The doctors worked with suprising speed, removing the spears and stitching up the wounds. When combined with the strange energies of the talisman, the doctors were astounded to see him upright and asking for food only two hours after the operation. After another brief discussion, it was agreed that the patient would stay the night, and continue his quest tomorrow.

Moving to 21F/35B. No action this turn, unless I think of one later. Healing one Wound.
City Event?: 2#1d6 6 4 Yes!
What kind of City Event?: 1d6 6 Ooh, "Generous Patron!"

Of course, word had gotten round, and rather late into the night, his hospital suite received a visitor...

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

Starting Position: 21e

Another few swigs of sweet berry wine and David Tennant was good for the road. Lovely road trip with the backdrop of a gently caress off DIE, just what he wanted. Hangover giving way to light drunkness things were looking up, until in the blink of an eye the DIE was gone and with a blink of the other eye it suddenly appeared on the other side, okay perhaps the drunkess wasn't as light as was initially considered but while the eye co-ordination was off hopefully the hand held true. That DIE is pretty close, close, maybe this Pokk Wand thing could actually reach.

Turn(s) End Position: 50e

Pokk wand to DIE Pok1: 10d10 70

The powerfull blast hits the DIE hard but "tis but a scratch" it seems.

Tile event (single): Tile Event 4: 1d6 5

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Lovelace

Lovelace keeps watch over the DIE through the night, but when it warps across the landscape, she jumps to her feet. The thing is way too close to Centerville now. She quickly shoves all her stuff back in her pack and heads back down the road to the city.

Double move: 58A → 72G → 85E City double event roll: 2#1d6 2 3 :negative:

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Glottis
HP: 3/2

DYNAVOULGE

It all began with an old letter. In a dusty attic, illuminated by golden rays of the setting sun. "Can you see the book anywhere up there? Auntie never did keep her things organized..." The voice of Glottis' cousin echoed from downstairs. He grunted in response, having finally sorted through the mess. He raised the missing tome from a crate filled with pet supplies, and from the looks of it, knitting needles. As he did so, something slipped out from between the pages, and came to rest on the uneven floor. Paper, neatly folded. Ancient. Glottis knelt down, and carefully touched the letter. The age old paper was wont to tear, but caressing it with kindest touch, he managed to slowly begin raising the folded half open. Crouching there, teasing the letter open in tiny increments. Little did he know that he was about to discover the truth of his family's past, and the key to his salvation.

---

"Emergency drills today. I won't be back until late night." Glottis sighed as he strapped on pieces of his heirloom armor. "Again? ...Well, I guess that if there ever was a time for that, its now." His wife, Amanda concurred. Finished, Glottis stood up. "Go make us all proud." Amanda said. Glottis smiled, flicked on his shades, and headed out into the wind and cold.
Sitting in the runner's cabin, Glottis went through his options. None of them looked good. The priesthood were demanding that more Hexen be mobilized at any costs. Accusations of heresy were being thrown around. Unreasonable demands made left and right! On top of it all, from the looks of it, Glottis' superiors were not about to send any help. It was a real mess of a situation, and at the center of it all was DEFOE.

Hans GrÜber posted:

I correspond only with HUMAN BEINGS, not mere SLUGS that can barely breathe.
Glottis discarded his pager, and rubbed his forehead. Scratched it a good while. From what he was hearing, at least some progress was happening on the western front. Cassandra Nelson for one had managed to strike a good blow against the Engine. Glottis made a note to put her name on a plaque if any of them lived through this mess. But that - was a matter for another time. For now, his path winded in a different direction. Through the spiralling streets, through waterways where his runner had to wade slowly and take care not to step on the rafts hauling cargo to the darkest corners of the city. Here, in this world of shadows and betrayal he would find the one who could let him ascertain the truth of the past. His path would lead him to a prison, and a graveyard.

GOOD CHEER Bonus Move: 191G -> 205D

City Double Event: 2d6 [4, 1]

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Icaru Santeria
Wounds: 2/2

"Sure, kid, I'll bring you to the city center," Icaru Santeria had said to the youth Garvin Valestein, in what felt like only hours ago.

Those words stung a little bit in the back of Icaru's mind when she was waving to the back of Garvin, who'd gone off finish his quest to deliver the Garistal to the research labs in the heart of the city of Cincinero.

The Hexen Garvin had been the first to discover the golden Garistal in the forests of his home around Bellwood, and yet despite that, with very little pushing from Icaru, the boy had agreed without hesitation to have himself and his Garistal transported all the way to Cincinero, along with the sharpshooter Jenny the Kid. All of them had been injured in the D.I.E.'s attack and this had allowed them to rest.

"On the Road Again" was stuck in Icaru's head again. It was hard to keep track of how many hours it had been since she stopped over at her friend's place in western Cincinero. There, she'd been able to recharged all her systems and contact her family. They had been worried sick about her, naturally, but Icaru told them about the Garistal and the wave of relief that washed over the communication line was palpable.

Suddenly, there was an impossibly-loud pop and the D.I.E. was somewhere else, threatening Centerville, Bellwood, and Diestralia, all at once! Icaru pulled her RidgeRunner's caravan to a stop along the side of the highway, sidling near the unmistakably-armored Hexen riding a plated Jokrider.

Icaru blinked and then punched in her communicator to talk to the other Hexen, who'd been on the news lately.

"Hexen #15, Hans GrÜber, is that you?" Icaru sent out over the communications bands. "I'll be damned..."

"You look a little lost so far north of Centerville," she continued. "Want a lift to the front lines?"

TrakSledge: Hitch to #26 Jenny the Kid in SW and any willing Hexen that end their turns adjacent to 35C (which may include #06 Garvin Valestein)*!
Move 1: 35C >> [W3, NW1, W2] >> 38A, Dragging #26 Jenny the Kid from 59A to 39C!
TrakSledge: Hitch to #15 Hans GrÜber in NW and any willing Hexen that end their turns adjacent to 38A*!
Move 2: 38A >> [SW6] >> 69G, Dragging #26 Jenny the Kid and All other Hitched Hexen SouthWest 6 tiles!
Event Chance: Forest 69G: 1d6 3 - no event!

*Mention your drag destination(s) in your orders and update me in the discord so I can edit my own orders for accuracy!

Proposed Move (Green to Red):

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Name: Hans GrÜber
Artifacts: JokRunner & Brikk Armor

Hans leered at Icaru. Then again, he always leered, at everyone.

"It is a FAILED MAN that cannot stand on their OWN FEET."

"..."

"But yes, please."

For the rest of the trip, he remained stoic, only speaking once they were at the very feet of the D.I.E. itself.

"Now, WITNESS the power of a weapon wielded by one with the WILL to carve their mark upon the Earth!"

He activated his DynaVoulge, and charged at the giant foe, all by himself.

Action: Dynavoulge against D.I.E.-C: 1d1000 933
Move: Move 2SE to 84d

Event Chance: City: 1d6 6 (just rewards!)
City Event: 1d6 3 (THE FINEST SMITHS)

Theantero fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 18, 2021

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Jenny the Kid
Initial Location: 83E
Move: 2 | Wounds: 0/2
Weapon: Upgraded Pokk Wand (11d10)

"Thanks for the lift, little lady."

After a long ride, alternating between strumming out trail songs on her guitar and resting in companionable silence, Icaru had dropped her off at the very edge of Centerville. And so, Jenny found herself confronting the DIE once more. Her hands rested over her holsters, fingers twitching. This time, she had the drop on the beast.

"Draw!"

Upgraded Pokk Wand damage roll: 11d10 74

The Kid twirled her Pokkguns, blew the smoke off the barrels before returning them to their holsters. "Hey, Icaru," she shouted, "don't get yerself killed! Ah mean it."

With that, Jenny executed a sweet ramp with her motorcycle and began hunting for Garistals in the waters of Diestralia.

Movement: 2SE, 2W, 1NW. Ending in 83F.

Water Tile Event Roll: 2d6 3, 3

Otherkinsey Scale fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Mar 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Pacifica
Wounds: 1
Garistal: VI, II

And as suddenly as the D.I.E. attacked, now it was gone. And it no longer blocked Pacifica's way. The path was clear. Bellwood was within reach. The soldiers in the city knew where to take the relics...

Move: 33E to 34F (1 space, road) to 35B (3 more spaces)
Unload Garistals into Bellwood City Center!
Recover 1 Wound for ending in City space.

...all that remained was to take aim.

Action: Garistal! FIRE!

Garistal VI+II: 8d100 362 damage vs DIE-B

City Double Event: 2#1d6 3 4 wait I rolled this exact result last turn.

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Mar 18, 2021