Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Aardvark! posted:

Completely aside from the Larry Parrish probation/mod poo poo, I have seen this posted a few times now.

When did SA go from being the most strictly moderated forum out there, to people thinking only illegal poo poo should get you get banned? Is that actually what people want out of the forums now?

If I remember correctly it seemed to change around the time a mod was confirmed to be a pedophile. I might be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
If you read the thread, the bans were given because the mod couldn't defend their position on a topic. Instead of just not posting, they doubled down and used their buttons when they realized they were out of their depth. This needs to be reversed.

I'm sorry that you folks don't like being called pedos but there was a pedo mod so be adults and deal with it.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Smythe posted:

it's your thread so if you wanna keep it open we can, just don't expect a resolution without fd weighing in

So please ask FD to weigh in.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Fluffdaddy posted:

Hypocrite about what? A risk is not a guarantee

I don't want to out anyone but other people in that thread admitted that they made the same joke and weren't banned. Don't ban them though. It seems reasonable to me that if joking about mods being pedos is now an instant ban, someone should inform everyone via an announcement or something because not everyone reads qcs. Also please reverse larry parrish's and the other bans.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

christmas boots posted:

Reverse every probe or ban related to this thread or the other one, with the exception of there wolf’s and let’s all just start fresh because this has been a hell of a ride

E: maybe toss in a couple of probations for the up and coming superstars of this thread too idk

Seconded!