Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alamoduh
Sep 12, 2011
I kind of play this game like an idle game while I’m working, but I definitely think that annointments ahould come online before they do currently. I don’t know how long I’ve actually spent playing, but my playtime is absurd and I’m just past floor 500- there is still a significant amount of locked spells and things that I don’t have access to.

And yeah, there is no doubt that certain specs are underpowered or non-optimal as mentioned above. Having a fight take 20 seconds instead of a round 1 one-shot in 5 seconds can be the difference between 200 hours and 50 hours for the same progress.

I’m trying to put together that lvl 50 GOTG team from steam guides, but still have a long way to go to unlock some of the spells and especially to level up the artifacts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I'm a bit torn on the anoints, and at least glad they unlock so late, it really feels like they water out the classes. They're powerful, but when every class can do everything, they really start to blend into each other.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

My crazy half-baked idea to make slower classes/parties better is to improve realm loot ala fortune/instability for every turn spent in battle. The idea being turn 0 teams will still dive faster and therefore be better (more key fragments, prophecies, favor, etc) but slower teams will at least get bigger loot hauls to ease the pain.

Alamoduh
Sep 12, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

I'm a bit torn on the anoints, and at least glad they unlock so late, it really feels like they water out the classes. They're powerful, but when every class can do everything, they really start to blend into each other.

Also some of the missions take way too much stuff- I think the assassination missions are a huge offender- it takes long enough to get to S rank, but then the mission takes like 20 floors to complete, which sucks if you just want to try out a build and it doesn’t work or whatever. One of the other siralim games just let you sacrifice a creature at an alter or something to extract its trait and that would be good here too IMHO

Char
Jan 5, 2013
I recovered my savegame, I had just unlocked Necromancer and I had a party of 3 monster - I'm trying to find out what to do with it.
edit: Cleric, Hell Knight, Necromancer and Pyromancer. I finished the story mode with a busted Pyro combo, I'll try starting over as Cleric, seems the easiest interaction.

Char fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jan 16, 2022

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Coming into this almost blind after dabbling a few months ago and not getting very far.

Are there a couple good classes/builds recommended for a beginner to start learning the systems?

I picked defiler on my very short first go and it didn’t feel like it was really do anything, but I also had no idea what I was doing.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Char posted:

I recovered my savegame, I had just unlocked Necromancer and I had a party of 3 monster - I'm trying to find out what to do with it.
edit: Cleric, Hell Knight, Necromancer and Pyromancer. I finished the story mode with a busted Pyro combo, I'll try starting over as Cleric, seems the easiest interaction.

Cleric is fantastic at handling things you really shouldn't but quite slow. I did cleric for a long time and now I'm branching out to pyro instead, heh.

I'm also looking at Rune Knight but I'm not entirely sure where to start on it. Got a couple ideas, but I haven't done anything yet.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
A creature that elevates almost any team during early game is the Crazed Leper (After an enemy dies, this creature Casts Corpse Explosion.)

Raise it's Intelligence, and one dead enemy usually causes a chain reaction that ends the battle

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Well, finally got around to beating Gonfurian, the only boss I really had some issues with as this build

Onto the next one, maybe I'll try to rebuild that perma invisible shade build I tried out in EA now that I know more about the game

Aerox posted:

Coming into this almost blind after dabbling a few months ago and not getting very far.

Are there a couple good classes/builds recommended for a beginner to start learning the systems?

I picked defiler on my very short first go and it didn’t feel like it was really do anything, but I also had no idea what I was doing.

This game... has a lot of builds. If you just want something to cruise with while you learn the ins and outs of the game, tribalist is a very straight forward class. Bear in mind that it can be kinda basic though, your creatures are basically gonna be stat bags.
You can also grind the first god, Apocranox, for a pretty solid party of Efts, they will carry you far.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jan 16, 2022

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I would not advise a new player to grind the first level for several IRL days.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

my dad posted:

I would not advise a new player to grind the first level for several IRL days.
You can grind for the first six efts in like an hour, don't even need to get to level 20

Edit: God shops are really the only way you're gonna get a whole team of different creatures of the same family until like floor 90 or so, but yeah it's gonna take some grinding.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jan 16, 2022

Char
Jan 5, 2013

Prism posted:

Cleric is fantastic at handling things you really shouldn't but quite slow. I did cleric for a long time and now I'm branching out to pyro instead, heh.

I'm also looking at Rune Knight but I'm not entirely sure where to start on it. Got a couple ideas, but I haven't done anything yet.

I noticed! Let me dabble again with Necromancer...
edit: the first thing I managed assemble is slower than what I did with Cleric. What the hell.

Char fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jan 16, 2022

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Necromancer can be quite strong, but a bit back loaded on minion creatures, so you're probably gonna be stuck with hounds for a while.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Keep an eye out for AoE spell gems. They speed things up by A LOT. Sorcery and Nature in particular have them leaking out of their ears.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
There is also a wight you can get fairly early that gains +25% in all stats whenever another of your creatures dies that can carry you for a while

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Here is a little starter that I found very helpful when making a Necromancer

https://berated-bert.github.io/siralim-planner/?b=085a260ece916f08f8_1e3cb8_____________&r=______

Char
Jan 5, 2013
I'm at floor level 76 which I don't really know where places me difficulty-wise, but I've just made this

https://berated-bert.github.io/siralim-planner/?b=41a419306029_73c48a7338d871eadf7523eb__ae22a7__127c5a__a2ecda__&s=CL&r=______
and it more or less clears reliably 10 floor below my max.

I guess I can unlock all the classes now, started with a couple.

Char fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jan 16, 2022

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Baller Time posted:

Here is a little starter that I found very helpful when making a Necromancer

https://berated-bert.github.io/siralim-planner/?b=085a260ece916f08f8_1e3cb8_____________&r=______

Hah, that's a neat little combo, I can see that being useful for a low level necro. Hell, could probably be strong in a lategame build for an early battle boost.
Though when does that Grimoire start show up?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Aerox posted:

I think pyromancer is the easiest start. Perk gains throughout the early game have been buffed so you get 100pts (or one complete perk) per world now so that will help. The best starter perk IMO is the scourge perk (your guys have a % chance to cast scourge on enemies when they take a tick of burning). Rig up the golem they give you to always provoke to hand out burning ticks & your other guys will just add a bunch of damage. The scourge damage falls off pretty quick but it's a fast way to get something very noticeable out of your spec in the first world. After that, it should be easy to figure out useful things to try.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

30.5 Days posted:

I think pyromancer is the easiest start. Perk gains throughout the early game have been buffed so you get 100pts (or one complete perk) per world now so that will help. The best starter perk IMO is the scourge perk (your guys have a % chance to cast scourge on enemies when they take a tick of burning). Rig up the golem they give you to always provoke to hand out burning ticks & your other guys will just add a bunch of damage. The scourge damage falls off pretty quick but it's a fast way to get something very noticeable out of your spec in the first world. After that, it should be easy to figure out useful things to try.

Awesome, I'll try this out. Thanks!

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

Broken Cog posted:

Hah, that's a neat little combo, I can see that being useful for a low level necro. Hell, could probably be strong in a lategame build for an early battle boost.
Though when does that Grimoire start show up?

I still use that combo in my late game Necro team

https://berated-bert.github.io/sira...EL&r=vnebalaa__

That Grimoire should show up in Refuge of the Magi bookshelves right away, no?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I made it to the boss of Eternity’s End with pyro and then immediately got stomped into the ground as my whole team gets wiped out in the first round before I can even act and my burning damage has fallen off a cliff.

I went back through my whole monster list and I’m not really seeing anything that synergies with pyro or burning except the magma golem I started with and the centaur that can attack a bunch of times if there’s a lot of scourge procs.
I also keep checking the spell gem list but there’s basically nothing that seems like it would help on any group except chaos, and the chaos ones do very, very little damage to the point where I’m better off just attacking.

I’m assuming I’m missing something, but I think I’ve gotten most of the monsters up to this point. Do the useful ones only appear later, or are there some good early pickups I missed?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Aerox posted:

I began with Defiler and my biggest problem was waiting real time for every debuff to trigger. Some highlights I had were:

- The twin serpent who gave everyone a debuff when they got a debuff
- The perk that makes your monsters attack everyone when they get a debuff.
- The perk that makes enemies start with a (several?) debuff.
- The perk that reduces stats/increases damage received for each debuff.
- The Shadow guy who gave everyone scorned at the start of battle. I think I later fused it with the monster that gave 1 Debuff to everyone at battle start. They are pretty fast, so it synergies with the next point
- The Spell that makes every enemy share a debuff with each other enemy. Slot it in an artifact, watch battles end as soon as this is cast.
- The monster that attacks enemies that share a debuff with the target of an attack, if the previous monster doesn't end the battle this one does.
- Some extra stuff: The Yeti that Ices everyone when they provoke, someone who gives a debuff when they get another one (for example, the one that gives bleeding to whoever gets blighted... etc)

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

Aerox posted:

I made it to the boss of Eternity’s End with pyro and then immediately got stomped into the ground as my whole team gets wiped out in the first round before I can even act and my burning damage has fallen off a cliff.

I went back through my whole monster list and I’m not really seeing anything that synergies with pyro or burning except the magma golem I started with and the centaur that can attack a bunch of times if there’s a lot of scourge procs.
I also keep checking the spell gem list but there’s basically nothing that seems like it would help on any group except chaos, and the chaos ones do very, very little damage to the point where I’m better off just attacking.

I’m assuming I’m missing something, but I think I’ve gotten most of the monsters up to this point. Do the useful ones only appear later, or are there some good early pickups I missed?

I wouldn't focus too much on the burning before you get Raze and Inferno from the Vulcanar shop at favor 12 and 16, and a Chaos Salamander (Cutthroat Jungle, Caustic Reactor, Forbidden Depths). Before that, getting the Living Flame and From Ashes perks should help a bit surviving the first round.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Since fully-juiced artifacts are prohibitively expensive and I feel the need to switch teams every 20 floors or so, I want to create a set of 10 "generic" artifacts, two for each type. Any ideas for good broadly useful traits to stick on each? Obviously it won't be as good as a bespoke personalized third trait, but I'm aiming for broadly useful abilities that any creature trying to boost that stat will appreciate. Right now I'm looking at:

Sword 1: Anticipation (After an enemy is killed, this creature Attacks random enemies 3 times)
    Sword 2: Overkill (After this creature Attacks, and the damage exceeds 35% of the target's Maximum Health, enemies take 70% of this damage as well)

Staff 1: Ascendancy (This creature can Cast without consuming Charges)
    Staff 2: Blood Magic (At the start of this creature's turn, it takes damage equal to 20% of its Maximum Health and converts 200% of it into Intelligence)

Boots 1: Screeching Barrage (After an ally Attacks, this creature deals damage to enemies equal to 25% of its Speed)
    Boots 2: Ravage (This creature deals extra damage with attacks and spells equal to 50% of its Speed)

Shield 1: Hell's Protection (Your creatures take 1% less damage for every 1% of Health they're missing. Maximum of 50% damage reduction. This trait does not stack)
    Shield 2: Derision (This creature always has Taunting, and it takes 50% less damage while it is Provoking)

Helm 1: Rapid Regeneration (At the start of each creature's turn, this creature recovers 10% of its missing Health)
    Helm 2: Radiant Eclipse (At the start of this creature's turn, it grants your creatures a Barrier that absorbs damage equal to 15% of its Maximum Health)

I'm mainly putting offensive abilities on Swords/Staves/Boots and defensive abilities on Shields/Helms, as you can see. I figure if I'm using a creature that breaks the offense/defense/support mold enough that this approach doesn't work it's going to want a better tailored artifact anyway.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
My first test run of the game had me randomly get the socketable trait item that maxes out the damage my creatures can take in one hit to 20% of their max health. I didn't pay much attention to it thinking it was a fixed early game drop, guaranteed like the unicorn, and then restarted my game after deciding I wanted to try a different class instead. Still angry at myself for this.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I'd also like to stress how useful the spell slots on artifacts can be. They have a chance to trigger based on type (sword -> on attack, staff -> on cast, helmet -> on provoke, etc... check the codex), and can be really useful if you have someone that goes off a bunch of times, like for example with the "Anticipation" trait mentioned above.

Personally I like putting affliction there, as it seems to trigger often, and debuffs are pretty huge in this game

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Baller Time posted:

I wouldn't focus too much on the burning before you get Raze and Inferno from the Vulcanar shop at favor 12 and 16, and a Chaos Salamander (Cutthroat Jungle, Caustic Reactor, Forbidden Depths). Before that, getting the Living Flame and From Ashes perks should help a bit surviving the first round.

Should I eventually be looking for a full team of chaos guys so that I can eventually use these spells? I can't see anything outside of chaos worth putting on my monsters so I've basically been ignoring spells at this point, especially since the charge system feels extremely restrictive.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Spells can be absolutely nuts, but you want a dedicated caster to take advantage of your load-bearing ones. The Djinn Arcanomancer can be found in the Barrens/Magi's Refuge and has a trait that makes casting free on top of a top-tier Intelligence, making it great fusion fodder. Gargoyles (Sanctum Umbra/Great Pandemonium) are dedicated to making Chaos spells stronger, and can serve a support role. Ravens, Occultists and a few other races also play nicely with spells in generally.

Fuse the Arcanomancer with a chaos critter that either boost spellcasting or intelligence, or change the class on the gems to match the right class. There's a Grimoire (Temple of Lies/Refuge of the Magi) that specifically boosts spells that inflict burning, though I'm not sure when it shows up. Look for support creatures that can boost other creatures' intelligence and/or spell potency, and if you have a higher-tier enchanter make sure you add even more potency to the gem itself. And of course, give it a Staff with tons of intelligence boosts.

The main issue with spells is non-dedicated casters simply can't use them for damage. There are lots of great support gems that don't care about stats, like Wormrot, Fury Swipes and Timewalk, but if you want to nuke you need a dedicated nuker. Notably, you only need one or two actual casters. The rest of the team can support them by keeping them alive or boosting their damage.

E: In terms of what spells can do, my Animator's Animat has a 50% chance each to double-cast boosted Rapture/Finger of Death/Boiling Blood (all massive damage Death nukes) as soon as battle starts. For each of those that goes off, his staff has a chance to drop another Rapture. His support includes not using charges, a 70% damage boost to gems with odd number of charges left (which is all three of those gems), 100% increased intelligence when casting Death spells, and a 50% chance to fire off another random spell whenever he manually casts a spell. Then he automatically casts Corpse Explosion once something dies, which clears any stragglers. Most battles end without any turns being taken, and nothing but bosses or enemies with really lovely trait combos ever go beyond round 1.

Big Mad Drongo fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jan 17, 2022

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
My pyromancer build actually doesn't really use spells at all (other than some revives and greater dispels in case it was needed), and instead relies on 4 of the "Increase all burning potency debuffs by 65% on provoke" Efreet, and starting a provoke chain at the start of battle.
Probably one of my strongest builds, and definitely the one that can take on false gods with the least issues.

https://berated-bert.github.io/sira...INHDSN&r=______

The anointments are just QoL stuff or things useful for some of the GotG fights, it did just fine before I unlocked them. You really need most of the pyro perks unlocked for it to work though, although I disabled the scourge perk since it was just wasting time.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jan 17, 2022

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

Aerox posted:

Should I eventually be looking for a full team of chaos guys so that I can eventually use these spells? I can't see anything outside of chaos worth putting on my monsters so I've basically been ignoring spells at this point, especially since the charge system feels extremely restrictive.

Pyro has a perk that makes spell that interact with Burning not consume charges, which makes stacking auto- and multi-casting so good on it. But before the end of the main quest, I really just put together a team that punches good, without much thought of burn synergies

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Aerox posted:

You can enchant spells to change their element.

Generally I'll only mess with spells if the class I'm using has some way to get around charges (like the mentioned pyro perk). That said, there is a sorcery spell called "recharge" which restores 1 charge to each of its owner's spells when cast, including itself, so you can use that to get infinite casts even on classes without perks for it.

goodnight mooned
Aug 2, 2007

I want to play this, but on the couch.. worth waiting for Ultimate to come out on playstation or should I just get Siralim 2?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Cleric is very satisfying once you get a healing combo going. Your creatures just passively kill things, it's great! Also helpful for that one Nether boss whose trait was "immune to damage from spells and attacks."

It really comes together once you find the trait where when you get healed an enemy takes half the healing as damage, as things start falling over.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

goodnight mooned posted:

I want to play this, but on the couch.. worth waiting for Ultimate to come out on playstation or should I just get Siralim 2?

Definitely worth waiting for Ultimate, but if you have any way to stream it from your computer to your TV it plays really well. That's how I've been playing it so I can chill in my recliner, it's so much more comfortable than being at my desk for hours.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Aerox posted:

I would definitely search your traits in the codex for "BURN" which will pop not only good creatures but also good artifact materials you've picked up. I got lucky and landed a good exotic artifact material around where you are and I'm still using it. You might have something similarly good. Don't be afraid to rearrange your team according to current needs at this point in the game. You should be able to use the level up function at the fusion machine now so it's more or less free to swap around creatures provided you can get the mana and don't need to build a new artifact. In fact, you should be thinking about what your team needs and searching for stuff like that- right now it seems like you need Turn 0 support and/or a way of reducing damage.

Check your creature's artifacts to see what they look like. It's easy to underestimate just how valuable they are. Make sure they're appropriately leveled & have good stuff slotted in.
Make sure you're using all 18 trait slots available to you, provided you have 6 useful trait materials. 6 innate creatures, 6 fused creatures, 6 artifact slots.
Phase knight is I believe available to you at this point in the game. I also believe the Nix Informer, which applies a 1-turn silence to all enemies at start of a match, is available from the oases in The Barrens but I could be wrong. This should at least let you get the ball rolling. I would also check for Volcanic Eefreet in Great Pandemonium- you said burn damage had fallen off, but putting yourself in a position where one of your creatures can do 4x burn damage with every attack is a big boost. You could combine it with your centaur.
If possible, and if you're being wiped out before you can do anything, you should try to get together a plan for turn 0 for your build. I use an exotic perk called Barbearion that makes my tank provoke as the first action. In combination with Nix informer it buys a ton of time at the beginning of a match. Mimic is the "default" plan for turn 0 but you likely don't have the mana yet. It is possible to grind in Arachnid nest, after you get a few levels of favor mimics start to spawn in the big blue eggs. It would take some time though and wouldn't be a lot of fun. It may just be worthwhile to stock up on various perks that increase defenses or whatever.

You could also see if you have Spectral Rain, a spell that increases potency for all buffs and debuffs. This would let you find some way of cranking up your burn damage somewhat, and there might be a way to key that off scourge procs although you'll have to maintain charges.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Broken Cog posted:

I'd also like to stress how useful the spell slots on artifacts can be. They have a chance to trigger based on type (sword -> on attack, staff -> on cast, helmet -> on provoke, etc... check the codex), and can be really useful if you have someone that goes off a bunch of times, like for example with the "Anticipation" trait mentioned above.

Personally I like putting affliction there, as it seems to trigger often, and debuffs are pretty huge in this game

I think they trigger 100% on the appropriate action.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
It's definitely not 100% and some types have a higher chance to be triggered than others. I feel like attack is constantly triggering, defense triggers not that much.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Yeah, definitely not 100%, Trickster even has a perk that increases the chance by 30%.

I also suspect (but have no confirmation on this) that the proc chance is scaled off the amount of charges the base version of that spell has. So spells with more charges will trigger more often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Oh no