Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
What is this Pyromancer build that sounds awesome?

Don’t have too many complaints about my current build. Early Reaver spec so have bonus some nice “always on” +dmg bonuses. I forget the names right now but it’s the high health guy fused with “when an enemy dies, corpse explosion”. My main supporting cast is one of the bats fused with something else so it always has both savage + berserk. With some other guys that passively boost attack, the bat hits like a truck and then everything else goes boom. It’s almost always over in one hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
Also I think I missed something: in a recent (ish?) patch, someone here commended that chain corpse explosions were nerfed a bit. By what mechanism?

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
Oh yes, it for sure is. I am not super experienced with Siralim (YET) but it is VERY clearly a “how busted can you make your team” type of game. And it doesn’t take very long for it to feel that way. And it’s still fun since there is SO MUCH variety.

I’ve made it to realm level 105 so far and can do it with instability 2 easily so that’s how I’m proceeding normally. 99% of the time the battle is over before any creature takes turn 1.

Is there a better way to track what creatures you picked for Arena other than writing it down?

A key member of my team is a Pandora. It looks like a Mimic but isn’t. I have literally no idea where I encountered it since I’ve only ever run into Mimics since. Does anyone know? Did I get super lucky/rare or something?

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
Yes that’s exactly it. It’s great!

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
Up to realm level ~135 at difficulty 1 and instability 2. Sometimes 3. Usually win before turn.

Had to use Animator for a goblet. My animator minion thing copies Pandora, which casts 5 spells. He has the bow relic that will 100% cast a spell again. And on spell cast, if spell gem fires it buffs 10% damage as INT. The Pandora also casts 5 spells. And on cast, requiem to revive all just in case. Oh, and there’s a salamander that makes all spells 50% cast again. 7% chance to add a buff for each spell cast, so after ~12 spells, it’s a buff every time. And then when something dies, the corpse explosions begin via the high health Koloff fusion. Which can get 50% cast again. AND those can get cast AGAIN with Zonte’s staff relic.

I know this isn’t even scratching the surface but it is bonkers and I love it.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
Yeah. Having Requiem as the spell gem on a staff for a multi-caster is really nice. Or as the spell gem in a sword for a multi-attacker, like a Trepidation Wight for example.

On another note, got inspired by some Pyromancer chat a ways back. Hadn't touched my build in probably like 50 realm levels so decided to update it. Played for a bit and made some revisions to it. Probably have a ways to go but HOLY poo poo does Inferno do absurd things. Managed to stack up to this.

:stare:

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
Fricken wild. The bump going from Spectral Rain (+50% buff/debuff potency) to Inferno (+100% burning potency) made it go from like 10s of millions to quadrillions instead. WHAT. I don’t remember what the before number was exactly — still absurd — but the increase was order of magnitude.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
Phase Knight is definitely a solid piece of the team toolbox.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
Made it to realm level 160 today. Woohoo!

I have A LOT of currency so I might put together another real good team aside from the Pyromancer. I mean like invest some time and resources into it. Maybe I’ll go the opposite way and do heals and buffs. Or tons of attacks with hunters or something.

What say you?

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.

30.5 Days posted:

Bloodmage is another straightforward damage dealer with cool synergies.
Doombringer is very stupid and last I tried it, very buggy. I don't know how to explain it except like it encourages you to make really dumb synergies. It just wires arbitrary events to arbitrary unrelated trait triggers and then has them fire 3 times.
Monk is a dodge-based class. It's weird but you should already have Peacebloom in your nether shop which can unlock some reliable options.
Tribalist would go well with the hunters, it increases the # of X race you have.
Thanks for the tips! Doombringer has the potential to be my kind of weird, so I'll check it out.

Haven't looked at Bloodmage much, so I'll take a closer look.

Agree on the Tribalist pick for hunters. Or maybe I'll find some other tribe and specialization to match. So many possibilities!

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
Can back to this recently. It is somehow both easy and kinda difficult to hop back in and play / asses the team, etc. Still find it satisfying to kinda zone out and grind some levels and such.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
Yessss that does help a lot. Sweet!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
I do that too. It’s a fun (but sometimes time consuming 😅) way to try new things and keep it fresh.