Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

ZionestLord posted:

into post game now, feel like the rate you finish projects is off unless you arent suppose to finish more than like 3 or 4 of them before you get to post game

I've been farming Faraway Enclave and getting the Lonely Foreman in a portal like every hour or two. He automatically finishes one of your projects, so that seems like a good way to knock those out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

cytoc posted:

I would always do deepest possible depth and lower instability if you need to, or lower it is your hit a boss you can't handle at that instability.

As mentioned, you get better netherstones when deeper. You also get piety for completing yotu max depth quests and you'll also get more race masters as well as getting closer to unlocking gate of the gods if you're not already able to do it.

I think the one exception is card farming, as apparently the card's drop rates aren't affected by instability and increasing instability makes the monsters that show up in a realm much more varied, thus finding specific ones to get them to the candle level becomes unlikely and making the fights take much longer.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

DrManiac posted:

Any tips on the floor 27 boss? my team can’t cut through the barriers fast enough which is bad because most of my heavy damage comes from the animatus’s corpse explosion

If you have the spell Reality Warp it's an instant win.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
As someone who has been card farming I feel that Hunt missions only exist for rare monsters that can't be summoned through Divination Candle, like the dumpling or Treasure Golem.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Was the googledoc compendium not linked?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qvWwf1fNB5jN8bJ8dFGAVzC7scgDCoBO-hglwjTT4iY/edit#gid=0

It looks like the 12th is the Pumpking, which sounds like a holiday creature ala the Krampus.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Krampus is at least available to kill, and so you can at least use the Assassination mission to get his artifact trait, I presume.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Broken Cog posted:

I think it only takes effect once you're in a battle.
It could be explained better.

Edit: If I wanted to go for a Blight-centered build, what specialization/creatures/spell gems should I look out for? (Other than the obvious Sea Shamblers)

In terms of creatures the only one that directly interacts with blight would be Mite Interloper, which turns half attack damage into a heal, and Plague Doctor Soothsayer which heals you creatures when they take damage from blight among other debuffs.

More indirectly:

The Stone Giant gains 30% Max HP when an enemy is healed which goes well with HP into damage traits

The Snaptrap Batrap has 25% chance to enemies to the bottom of the timeline when they are healed.

Nightveil Spectre causes enemies to lose 25% Attack and Intelligence when they are healed.

Fog Spirit reduces their lowest trait by 25% when an enemy is healed.

In terms of Specialization Cleric increases your creature's healing, Defiler always works well with debuffs and the 3 debuffs from the class perk should stack with Friden's, Doombringer might work to boost the on action effects.

In terms of spells, it would be good to get stuff to maintain the mending leeching on enemies and heals in general. Not too sure if False Beliefs would worth, since the HP isn't actually recovered

Definitely worth looking at the cards that improve all the debuffs, not just the Sea Shambler blight set.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Jack Trades posted:

I can't wait for the next update that's supposed to add a search function because trying to make teams right now is very frustrating.

The google doc works well enough for me right now. Will probably continue to use it even after the update.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
The codex has a list of how resistance affects debuffs, and besides the realm instability modifier most bosses naturally resist.

For resisted stone you still reduce their chance to dodge/critical by 50%.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Broken Cog posted:

Speaking of dumplings, anyone found out how to get the ones other than the normal one and the nugget?
I have a bunch in my bestiary after fighting the dumpling master, but I haven't seen any of them yet. Guessing they might be a rare, high depth nether portal mob or something?

Apparently most of the other dumplings are acquired by having a dumpling in your party. That might take a while.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Dev update:

quote:

I just wanted to make a quick post to let everyone know that I'm still hard at work on the next Siralim Ultimate patch. In addition to what I announced a couple weeks ago, here are a few additional features to look forward to:

- Five new specializations will be added to the game, one of which is very unique compared to all the others and provides a new layer of depth for end-game players.
- Two new projects will be added for the Goblet of Trials that allow you to fill the goblet using multiple different specializations at a time. In addition, the scaling cost to re-roll the goblet has been removed.
- I've done a full pass on all the game's dialog. It seems to be the most disliked part of the game, so I've reduced the amount of cringe-worthy moments by roughly 90% and also reduced the overall length of the story dialog by around 20% by removing a lot of the fluff.
- Several additional quality of life improvements have been added based on your feedback. One example of this is the addition of markers next to creatures you can newly summon, and you can also sort the summoning interface by "New" as well. In addition, the search feature that I announced a few weeks ago is fully implemented and works very well.

This is turning out to be a massive patch - possibly the largest patch that any of the Siralim games have ever received! While this update won't be ready for another few weeks (I'm targeting April 23, but please don't take that as an official release date), I'll keep you updated on what I'm working on and take a deep dive into how False Gods work very soon.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Patch is out, though you need to opt in to test branch to play it using the code: falsegodsandguilds
It's still quite buggy so back up your save and proceed at your own risk.

Here's just the stuff that was added:

quote:

- ADD: Guilds of Rodia. After you defeat each Nether Boss twice, you'll be able to take on 5 new Projects that allow you to unlock Guilds. There's one for each class. You can take on Bounties to hunt for False Gods and earn reputation with these guilds to unlock new creatures, spells, and decorations. More features will be added to Guilds in a future patch.
- ADD: False Gods. After you unlock one or more Guilds of Rodia, you can take on Bounties which allow you to hunt down False Gods - large, powerful bosses that comprise some of the most challenging content in the game. After you take on a Bounty, you'll be asked to travel to a certain Realm Depth. In that realm, you must defeat enemies until the False God appears to challenge you. After you defeat an enemy, you'll be able to choose from 1 of 3 runes that either power up your creatures or make the False God more powerful (but also more rewarding). If you manage to defeat a False God, you'll earn reputation with a guild, new spells, and your choice of an Anointment.
- ADD: Anointments. After you defeat a False God, you'll be presented with a list of Anointments, and you can choose one to keep. The more challenging the False God was (based on the runes you selected and your Realm Instability), the more Anointments you'll be able to choose from. Anointments allow you to equip and utilize a perk from a different specialization. You can have up to 5 Anointments equipped at a time.
- ADD: New specialization: Royal. Authority is passed down through generations, but true power must be earned. A master of all professions, the Royal possesses the unique ability to combine the powers of other specializations at will. This specialization can only be unlocked after you've unlocked all the other 29 specializations in the game. Royals do not have perks of their own, but instead can combine 15 Anointments from any of the specializations to create their own, unique specialization.
- ADD: New specialization: Dreamshade. Dreamshades blur the line between dreams and reality. This mystical magi is adept at redirecting his foes' efforts for his own benefit. This specialization cannot be chosen at the start of the game and must be unlocked via a Project instead.
- ADD: New specialization: Siegemaster. The Siegemaster is a stalwart protector who amplifies the defenses of his creatures to keep them strong in battle. This backer-designed specialization cannot be chosen at the start of the game and must be unlocked via a Project instead.
- ADD: New specialization: Windrunner. Windrunners are vigilant sentinels who imbue their creatures with unmatched speed and vigor, allowing them to move so quickly that their opponents can't ever catch them. This backer-designed specialization cannot be chosen at the start of the game and must be unlocked via a Project instead.
- ADD: New specialization: Witch Doctor. Witch Doctors are spiritual warriors who cast deadly hexes and curses on their enemies, forcing them to fight against each other. This backer-designed specialization cannot be chosen at the start of the game and must be unlocked via a Project instead.
- ADD: 2 new projects that allow you to increase the number of specializations you can use to fill the Goblet of Trials. You need to unlock the Goblet of Trials and 2 or 3 specializations (respectively) to begin each project.
- ADD: Search function for the Spells and Traits reference lists in the Codex. For example, you can filter out any spells that don't contain the word "poison".
- ADD: Once you gain enough Mana to summon a creature, a yellow exclamation mark (!) will appear next to its name in the summoning interface and bestiary to show that it's new.
- ADD: New sorting option for the summoning interface and bestiary to go along with the addition mentioned above: "New".
- ADD: Audio option: Menu SFX. This allows you to disable the menu scrolling, confirmation, and cancel sound effects while in menus.
- ADD: Gameplay option: Hide Values of Zero. This allows you to hide battle text that contains a value of 0, such as 0 damage or 0 intelligence gained from an effect.
- ADD: Gameplay option: Battle Animations. This allows you to disable attack and spell animations.
- ADD: Bestiary now tells you where most creatures in the game can be found (realm, shop, etc).
- ADD: Perk descriptions now include descriptions of relevant buffs, debuffs, minions, and spells.
- ADD: Trick Material descriptions now include a description of what its property does.
- ADD: Artifact socketing interface now includes a description of what each Trick Material does.
- ADD: If you're using a gamepad, gamepad icons will now be used instead of keyboard icons to show controls in the user interface.
- ADD: Creatures that don't have obtainable cards now show a unique symbol in the Bestiary.
- ADD: New debuff that is used exclusively by the new Dreamshade specialization: Inverted. Inverted creatures heal instead of dealing damage, and deal damage instead of healing. This debuff is removed after enough damage or healing has been done to offset its potency.
- ADD: 65 new creatures.
- ADD: 65 new trait materials.
- ADD: 100 new spells, 50 of which can be obtained by defeating False Gods and the other 50 can be obtained by gaining reputation with guilds.
- ADD: 220 new decorations, 69 of which were designed by backers.
- ADD: 54 new skins, 5 of which were designed by backers.
- ADD: 26 new costumes, 11 of which were designed by backers.
- ADD: 220 new achievements.
- ADD: 100 new Steam achievements that are awarded based on the amount of in-game Achievement Points you've earned.
- ADD: 1 new Prophecy.
- ADD: The game version number is now displayed in the options menu.
- ADD: More backer names have been added to the Tome of Credits.
- ADD: More backer NPCs have been added.
- ADD: New tutorial popup that explains the concept of all events in battle happening at the same time.
- ADD: New tutorial popup that explains what Fortune does.
- ADD: Your current Fame Rank is now displayed when interacting with the arena decoration.
- ADD: Confirmation menu to reset castle decorations.
- ADD: Codex entry for "Guilds and False Gods".
- ADD: New section to the "Spell Gems" Codex: "Ethereal Gems".
- ADD: New menus under the "Character" category: Anointments, Guild Reputation, and Bounties.
- ADD: Map now shows how many enemies remain in the current realm.
- CHANGE: Major adjustments to the game's story dialog.

LostRook fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Apr 23, 2021

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Making a single all-purpose grinding team that emphasizes killing normal fights with no input which isn't too tough with Tanukrook.

For me the endgame is making teams for each class that can climb to level 50 of the god fights, since level has no bearing on them. Especially as the Ascension stuff should be getting added soon since associated achievements have been added on Steam.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Guilds and false gods, I think.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Broken Cog posted:

Anyone tried making a Spellweaver build? Trying out the class, but it seems pretty complex compared to a lot of the others.

Alternatively, what's the best monster to use to keep up spell charges, since Spellweaver seems to be one of those caster specializations that doesn't have that in their perks.

All the party wide traits apply to very specific spells (Vile Wolpertinger for scourge spells for example) or are otherwise fairly situational. Djinn Arcanomancer doesn't expend charges but you'd have to trait-share it if you want other creatures casting.

Otherwise wait to unlock anointments and it becomes moot.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I feel like the finished card set bonus for Toxdweller, which makes it so bomb debuff cannot be removed, is pretty much mandatory before a bomb build can be viable.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

quote:

Siralim Ultimate is now available on Android (Google Play)! You can even share your save files with the Steam version of the game using the Cloud Saving option on the title menu.

Get it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thylacinestudios.siralimultimate

Be sure to check your mailbox for a celebratory gift on all platforms!

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Update in Beta. 8 new normal specializations and two challenge specializations. Some other stuff too.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
You need to place the calendar item in decoration mode, then use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I recall the most noob-friendly choice being Hell Knight with Evoker and Defiler being just a couple steps down.