Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I think Beavis would be erik harris and Butthead would be Dylan Klebold

Mr. F! fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Mar 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Thank you Mr. F.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
OG stupid newbie avatar from 2001ish is still good and cool

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Literally an amazing TV show. Mike Judge is cool

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

This was my favorite of their music videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W43yEbhrkw

And some of their new stuff was pretty good to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hwTo-lJudA

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Cornholio is cool, but totally overrated

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDPRwLlpdTU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Beavis and Butthead is really good. Paramount+ has some episodes but without the music videos, it's not worth watching. Thankfully you can find complete episodes online. They're worth seeking out. Everything they do just cracks me the gently caress up.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Jose Oquendo posted:

Beavis and Butthead is really good. Paramount+ has some episodes but without the music videos, it's not worth watching. Thankfully you can find complete episodes online. They're worth seeking out. Everything they do just cracks me the gently caress up.

Wow, I've never seen the music videos. I was just a little too young for them growing up so i'm watching all their stuff on paramount plus

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
If you want the real complete collection with the music videos spliced back in and all the banned stuff re-edited in you just need to google "Kingturd"; that's the person that re-mastered them.

I am playing Virtual Stupidity in ScummVM right now and it's really good.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Mr. F! posted:

Wow, I've never seen the music videos. I was just a little too young for them growing up so i'm watching all their stuff on paramount plus

When it aired, the actual episodes were more of a wrap-around for the music video segments. It's why they're so short.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

If you want the real complete collection with the music videos spliced back in and all the banned stuff re-edited in you just need to google "Kingturd"; that's the person that re-mastered them.

I am playing Virtual Stupidity in ScummVM right now and it's really good.

gently caress yeah thanks for the hookup

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

The mirror scene at the start makes this magical

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. F! posted:

gently caress yeah thanks for the hookup

No prob. He did a really good job; it's DVD quality for most of it, and the rest of the stuff like music videos and banned scenes are from really good sources like straight cable TV rips.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
I got in trouble as an 8-9 year old because I'd sneak into the living room and watch Beavis and Butthead at night.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

gently caress yeah B&B

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

winger

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I didn't really watch beavis and butthead until the movie came out.

When it did I thought it was cool/fun.
I thought the regular cartoon was rear end and I think Mike Judge in general (King of the Hill, etc) just doesn't match with my sense of humor and I don't like his works even though I can appreciate the effort he's put into them.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

What was the music video they watched with the pig nads?

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
I understand your frustration
https://vimeo.com/32686825

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

I didn't really watch beavis and butthead until the movie came out.

When it did I thought it was cool/fun.
I thought the regular cartoon was rear end and I think Mike Judge in general (King of the Hill, etc) just doesn't match with my sense of humor and I don't like his works even though I can appreciate the effort he's put into them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYdcGoK9XUc

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

They're making him fight the janitor.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
Hehehehe you said 'butt' hehehehehehe.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
i like the one where they huff paint thinner and drive the lawnmower into the pool

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

We had a satirical puppet show over here in the UK called Spitting Image. They mostly made fun of politicians. They decided to put the puppets away and do animation for a sketch. It was called "Butthead and Butthead" and featured John Major (PM at the time) and a couple of others. My memories are vague but it was kind of funny. Google and Youtube are giving me nothing.

Also, the tabloids HATED it over here. It caused almost as much needless controversy as the SegaCD game Night Trap. Parents hated it too. That's probably why kids like me loved it, to be rebellious.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYgWkBucSXo

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
In case anyone was unaware, Comedy Central is bringing Beavis and Butthead back with new episodes

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I liked when they had a good day where the guy gave them money after they brought him a dead bird, so they got soda and nachos and got to watch Todd beat up a guy.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
MTV revived it too, right?

I'm curious how it "plays" for younger audiences. In 1993 it seemed like a kind of magical time where growing up, especially in the 70s and 80s you knew kids very much like them. Latchkey or otherwise ignored kids up to getting into mostly harmless real-world trouble out of boredom and idiocy. Early episodes seemed to have a maliciousness that was later removed.

Does that happen now? I get the impression that today, bored malicious idiocy would peg the needle to either waste time on the Internet or the other side of committing legit disturbing crimes and not the "middle ground" of B&B, but I feel I'm clueless about today's delinquent teenagers.

Does the Florida Project more accurately describe the current era of B&B youth?

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!

Cheesus posted:

MTV revived it too, right?

MTV revived it for a very short run in 2011. The humor was pretty much still the same, except Beavis and Butthead watched Jersey Shore instead of music videos.

Also of note, mike judge completely forgot how to do the Beavis voice in the first episode of the revival. As I recall, he got closer to classic Beavis as the episodes went on.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

20 Blunts posted:

I got in trouble as an 8-9 year old because I'd sneak into the living room and watch Beavis and Butthead at night.

Yeah the show definitely reminds me of my youth. Between 9 to 13 or whatever I listened to the music they made fun of the show and also loved the show (who at the time didn't recreate cornholio with their shirt). I dont think I'd like it if they brought it back because obviously my humor has matured :smugndar:

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

MoonshineWilly posted:

MTV revived it for a very short run in 2011. The humor was pretty much still the same, except Beavis and Butthead watched Jersey Shore instead of music videos.

Also of note, mike judge completely forgot how to do the Beavis voice in the first episode of the revival. As I recall, he got closer to classic Beavis as the episodes went on.

doing the beavis voice is apparently hard on the vocal cords, and he was 20 years older at that point. the revival was well received, but mtv dropped it because their viewership mainly consists of tween and young teen girls and having one show with a viewership consisting mainly of 30-something men didn't work marketing wise since they aren't exactly the target audience for zit cream or mtv's other shows

https://giant.gfycat.com/DefenselessSimpleGrouper.webm

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Mr. F! posted:

Cornholio is cool, but totally overrated

yeah i prefer beavis' more understated lines like "hey hows it goin" "plop" and "ohh yeah heh" etc

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Diarrhea cha cha cha
Diarrhea cha cha cha

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Mfx5-Q65d8

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

If you didn't go into your local grocery store last year and ask for "TP for my bunghole" then I don't know what to tell you.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Here lies Beavis he never scored

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
haha, you’re moved

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Shibawanko posted:

yeah i prefer beavis' more understated lines like "hey hows it goin" "plop" and "ohh yeah heh" etc

Thank you drive through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

MoonshineWilly posted:

The revival was excellent. And it wasn't just Jersey Shore, it was a bunch of the garbage from MTV's catalog like Teen Mom and True Life.

"I guess that's his job-- He goes to the Red Robin and growls."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZEYDoIQG1o