Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
hey that's fresh as hell,

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
IMG_5867 by Toaly Paz, on Flickr

IMG_5929 by Toaly Paz, on Flickr

IMG_6016 by Toaly Paz, on Flickr

IMG_5670 by Toaly Paz, on Flickr

Toalpaz fucked around with this message at 03:56 on May 25, 2023

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

I also did this in B&W, but think colour works better

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 22:08 on May 25, 2023

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

:prepop:

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

I've been taking photos at some of the pinball tournaments I compete in. Recently I picked up a mist filter and I'm loving the effect it gives to the glow of all the lights.

Carolina Pinball Championship Series-198 by Will King, on Flickr

Carolina Pinball Championship Series-217 by Will King, on Flickr

Carolina Pinball Championship Series-273 by Will King, on Flickr

ploots
Mar 19, 2010

drat that’s a cool shot

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Yeah, I’d love to see more of the tables too. That glow is pretty sweet.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

tompepper
Feb 14, 2005

my monthly art crawl photo dump. decided to go colour!

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

I made some tiny friends (although the last one was the largest tiny friend I've ever seen)

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Nikon Z7II is fun, these were taken with the 24-70/4 S and 70-300 AF-P (with FTZ)

King Sexy
Jul 30, 2004

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Corgi-15 by Will King, on Flickr

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 22, 2023

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

tompepper
Feb 14, 2005

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Cool avatar/post combo

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

ploots
Mar 19, 2010

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

ploots
Mar 19, 2010

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Well the rainy season has finally finished (after a literally catastrophic storm in the past few days) which means its now summer in Japan and it's the cicada's time to shine!

MEEEEEEEP MEEP MEEP MEEP MEEP MEEP MEEP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

BC 05 by Toaly Paz, on Flickr

tompepper
Feb 14, 2005

Bunch of recent street shots I like

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

IMG_2436 by Toaly Paz, on Flickr

Weird reserve dog.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

I was walking my dog when I saw this luftballoon floating in the summer sky. I quickly snapped a photo, but the exposure was off.
I must have 99 edits of this horizon by now, and this is the best I was able to get out of it.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

QuasiQuack posted:

I was walking my dog when I saw this luftballoon.... I must have 99 edits of this

You... have 99 luftballoons?

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
On a serious note, have you pondered the effects of cropping most of that landmass off the bottom since there's not a lot of detail in the shadow. Like, maybe just a very brief horizon line, then all sky.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Are you using a tilt focus lens for this? It's got major 'tiny model city' vibes. Excellent shot.

tompepper posted:

Bunch of recent street shots I like

Awesome as always.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Viginti Septem posted:

On a serious note, have you pondered the effects of cropping most of that landmass off the bottom since there's not a lot of detail in the shadow. Like, maybe just a very brief horizon line, then all sky.

Comically enough that's one of the first things I tried, and you're right that it works better.

But then I got kind of sidetracked by the thought of making a trio of portrait orientation photos with emphasis on one RGB color each.
Basically I got too caught up in whether I could, without considering whether I should. And then I crowned it with a stupid joke post Nena reference. :v:

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

QuasiQuack posted:

Comically enough that's one of the first things I tried, and you're right that it works better.

But then I got kind of sidetracked by the thought of making a trio of portrait orientation photos with emphasis on one RGB color each.
Basically I got too caught up in whether I could, without considering whether I should. And then I crowned it with a stupid joke post Nena reference. :v:

Yea there we go. That's about the exact crop I made when I dropped your photo into PS a minute ago.

I also did a b/w version to see if it might work that way. Editing a small jpg is like pulling teeth so ignore the banding.

Edit: to me, the key for the foreground land is that you get those three different shades of lightness on the mountains. Darker up front, mid lightness in the middle, light at the far mountain. Color or b/w, I think as long as you get those three grades lit properly, you don't need much land up front in the image. The fading mountains show depth.

Viginti Septem fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jul 18, 2023

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Mister Speaker posted:

Are you using a tilt focus lens for this? It's got major 'tiny model city' vibes. Excellent shot.

Thanks. Just a standard 35mm prime.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Viginti Septem posted:

Yea there we go. That's about the exact crop I made when I dropped your photo into PS a minute ago.

I also did a b/w version to see if it might work that way. Editing a small jpg is like pulling teeth so ignore the banding.

Edit: to me, the key for the foreground land is that you get those three different shades of lightness on the mountains. Darker up front, mid lightness in the middle, light at the far mountain. Color or b/w, I think as long as you get those three grades lit properly, you don't need much land up front in the image. The fading mountains show depth.

Cool, thanks. I was trying my darndest to get the shading more pronounced, but just couldn't get rid of a blue tint to it without ruining the rest of the colors. I recently upgraded to capture one pro and there's so many tools I don't know how to use properly.

B&W probably is the way to go for this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

QuasiQuack posted:

Cool, thanks. I was trying my darndest to get the shading more pronounced, but just couldn't get rid of a blue tint to it without ruining the rest of the colors. I recently upgraded to capture one pro and there's so many tools I don't know how to use properly.

B&W probably is the way to go for this one.

I think you nailed the shading here in this one. Bringing that white point up is a good trick.