Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
swing and a miss.

better luck next time, Detective Comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Mothman Prophecies was pretty forgettable

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER posted:

like aqua man is basically just a mermaid and he doesn't really have any proper super powers on land, so i guess they had to lamely make hium super strong and stick people with his trident, but i think they should have gone the whole hog and made his only super power be that he makes girls horny. and he should rip off his shirt 20+ times throuhout the film

I mean you've just described his role in the movie exactly.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The Walrus posted:

I mean you've just described his role in the movie exactly.

They even have a girl pick up his discarded sweater and smell it

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

1redflag posted:

E. [ancient lamentation music playing]

Was really annoyed how they just stuck that in for every single Wonder Woman action scene no matter how short. Instantly noticeable and stupid. The Amazons kinda loving suck a little bit I found them boring

itry posted:

Well if you could withstand tons of water pressure you should be able to... :goonsay:

Edit:

Was this thing in the original movie? Becuase :lol: at it making the final cut

When I saw that I thought it was going to be a plot point or something since it kinda look like batman. But no that's supposed to be the best drawing they could create from the witnesses' description lol

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

tango alpha delta posted:

swing and a miss.

better luck next time, Detective Comics.

Thats Detective-Comics Comics :goonsay:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Play posted:

Was really annoyed how they just stuck that in for every single Wonder Woman action scene no matter how short. Instantly noticeable and stupid. The Amazons kinda loving suck a little bit I found them boring

When I saw that I thought it was going to be a plot point or something since it kinda look like batman. But no that's supposed to be the best drawing they could create from the witnesses' description lol

well it sort of was, gordon said 'hey this looks like batman, i better talk to him' and then they talked and batman said 'yeah it's these flying aliens'

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Mozi posted:

well it sort of was, gordon said 'hey this looks like batman, i better talk to him' and then they talked and batman said 'yeah it's these flying aliens'

oh yeah? i kinda skipped through some parts where it was pretty clear what was going on. I pretty much always watch movies with one hand on the keyboard so I can skip forward and back ten seconds at a time, and this movie was extra long and had some kind of boring scenes

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I’m not saying you should sit through 4 hours of Zack Snyder but if you watch a movie while skipping chunks, you really lose the right to complain about a movies lack of coherence.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Gutcruncher posted:

I’m not saying you should sit through 4 hours of Zack Snyder but if you watch a movie while skipping chunks, you really lose the right to complain about a movies lack of coherence.

Well, only ten second chunks!! My point still stands though, holding up that crappy drawing in order to have a reason to talk to Batman (like you didn't already) doesn't make any sense. Like, they didn't seriously think it was batman who attacked everyone so why even have that?

Also the flying monsters didn't look remotely like that, they had two sets of insect-style wings high on their back, not a big black cape. Just kinda random

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Eh if I caught a terrifying glimpse of a alien fr9m beyond outer space I might not describe it accurately. Especially if I were a gotham resident primed to see bat men.

There's better nits to pick in this turkey imo.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Play posted:

Well, only ten second chunks!! My point still stands though, holding up that crappy drawing in order to have a reason to talk to Batman (like you didn't already) doesn't make any sense. Like, they didn't seriously think it was batman who attacked everyone so why even have that?

Also the flying monsters didn't look remotely like that, they had two sets of insect-style wings high on their back, not a big black cape. Just kinda random

yeah to be fair the conversation took about 10 seconds

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Owlbear Camus posted:

a terrifying glimpse of a alien

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Thread saved. Thank you for your service itry.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Thread saved. Thank you for your service itry.
:patriot:

Edit:

itry fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Apr 6, 2021

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

So the decapitation scene seemed a little forced in the kids movie, right?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
not at all, it came off quite easily

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The sketch is obviously a reference to batman 89

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

1redflag posted:

kids would find this movie unbelievably boring

like yeah they would definitely want to watch a cyborg defeat a cgi representation of wall street

itry
Aug 23, 2019

This feels like a charade game now

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

1redflag posted:

because this has never happened in a kids movie, let alone a Disney cartoon.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Dark wizard thread is that way, necromancer.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Weka posted:

Dark wizard thread is that way, necromancer.

The Snyder Cut of the Snyder Cut thread.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER posted:

like aqua man is basically just a mermaid and he doesn't really have any proper super powers on land, so i guess they had to lamely make hium super strong and stick people with his trident, but i think they should have gone the whole hog and made his only super power be that he makes girls horny. and he should rip off his shirt 20+ times throuhout the film

But they did?!?! Watch the movie before you post here :angry:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

all superhero media is bad hth

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Strategic Tea posted:

:hmmyes:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Strategic Tea posted:

Explain the Toxic Avenger then. :colbert:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

The Tick is pretty good.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Strategic Tea posted:

Philistine. Snyder displays true genius in his portrayal of people who wear their underwear on the outside.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
The real question here, has there been a superhero who just has a filthy rear end and gets skid marks and then wears those skidmarked underwear on the outside?

I’ve been waiting my whole life for a superhero that finally represents me

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Pretty sure Lobo does that but he doesnt wear them on the outside

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Skidmark hyphen Man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Gutcruncher posted:

The real question here, has there been a superhero who just has a filthy rear end and gets skid marks and then wears those skidmarked underwear on the outside?

I’ve been waiting my whole life for a superhero that finally represents me

yea quailman, which is why patty mayonnaise won't put out