Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
I just spent the whole week 112%ing this game after getting it on tuesday. Hoo boy, what a ride. What a fantastic game. Thanks for inspiring me to get it.
Now, back to watching episode... 19.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm pretty close to 1800 essence now but Lost Kin is hard, so I hope I can scrape my way there without having to kill it. I'm real excited to head back to the Abyss after that cause when I first got there myself, I remembered now that the big statue holding the Birdbath From Hell seemed to have a similar kind of mindshield effect on it....

Did Nat actually check in with the Seer after getting 1800 essences? I forgot if he did.
E: Wait, nevermind. He couldn't have gone into White Palace if he hadn't. Wonder if there's more dialogue at a higher essence count though.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011

AtomikKrab posted:

Its really this, all Nat HAD to do is wait a moment for them to wind up, then he could dash in and start hitting

Nat is very impatient with some enemies, and ludicrously patient with others. It's basically a cointoss which strategy he decides to employ for a given enemy, feels like.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011

Natural 20 posted:

Today's early episode is courtesy of my housewarming party.
Aw yes, the Path of Pain. :allears:

I managed to beat it after investing 2-3 hours of my life into it, using hiveblood, grubsong, sharp shadow and quickslash.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Nat is missing one charm notch. There's 11 in the game total, he has 10. I believe it's the fog canyon one?

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
You'll note that the Pure Vessel didn't scream like other bosses: its 'scream' was silent. After all, being Pure, it has no voice to cry suffering.
That boss battle also has one of my favourite songs in the game, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35pUQDrKy5A
(As always with youtube, don't look through the comments if you don't want spoilers.)

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Sisters of Battle is the best battle in-game bar none. The only way it could be better would be if they had shared HP, because then they'd all just keep fighting together until the end. I think there's a mod for that, but I don't know what it's called, sadly.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
I hope Bretta appears in SilkSong.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Fantastic work, Nat. Just fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Thank you very much for the LP, Nat.

You did miss I think two secret rooms in the Path of Pain, but finding them is a literal bitch without actually knowing where they are, so that's perfectly understandable.