Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Hey they fixed charm tables

Up until now if you were farming charms there was a very limited pool available to each person so if you were going for 2 slot 2 weakness exploit like 90% of people just couldn't ever get it lol

Thank goodness. Still going to be really difficult to get anything good though lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Tried the long sword for the first time...just two more hunts to finish off the “do every switch skill quest with the appropriate weapon” self challenge.

It’s so sick. First time using and I smashed zinogre out of charge with the iai slash counter and just hooted and hollered at the screen like a maniac.

Basically every weapon in this game owns...except maybe charge blade and dual blades.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
just give me some event quests that randomly reward charms so i can get em the fun way. which they probably will at some point. so i cant complain

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Tried the long sword for the first time...just two more hunts to finish off the “do every switch skill quest with the appropriate weapon” self challenge.

It’s so sick. First time using and I smashed zinogre out of charge with the iai slash counter and just hooted and hollered at the screen like a maniac.

Basically every weapon in this game owns...except maybe charge blade and dual blades.

CB and DB pwn bro.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Knuc U Kinte posted:

the iai r2 counter does such sick damage, but dont forget you can combo into a spirit finisher and silkbind soaring kick from a successful one for even bigger numbers

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

CB and DB pwn bro.

I’ll try them again, for sure.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

That MH Stories 2 trailer actually looked fairly dope. It's a turn based RPG right?

Yeah the first one‘s basically Pokemon. The battle system is different but still based around collecting monsters and fighting them against each other in turn-based battles. I like it but didn’t get super far before my 3DS turned into a full-time Dragon Quest machine, I’ll probably get back to it before 2 comes out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

40 hunts in and I'm convinced I'm never getting another Magnamalo orb for the rest of my life. At least I'm rich now since I can just sell all the crap after the hunt for like 65k each time.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Oh my lord / pogged out my gourd / finally got an almudron orb.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

HolePisser1982 posted:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
supposedly the update is coming out at 8pm eastern tonight. my fuckin balls are swelling up like summer woodticks, ready to pop, brimming with hype

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

supposedly the update is coming out at 8pm eastern tonight. my fuckin balls are swelling up like summer woodticks, ready to pop, brimming with hype

This.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Thank god, i felt like I could solo everything and didn’t really feel like churning out anymore armor, but if there’s apex monsters out there….

Plus I need something to spend these 100 hard armor spheres on.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's live hunters. This is gonna kick rear end.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
omg didnt expect this at all its like christmas

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The bazel armor set is fuckin dope for Charge Blade. This is awesome.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
First fight I did was Bazel. Glad to be back, fighting for that HR20, tho

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
For the Master Utsushi’s Challenge, does anyone elses part 1, 2 and 3 all say “hunt a royal lidroth and a jyuratodus?”

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

For the Master Utsushi’s Challenge, does anyone elses part 1, 2 and 3 all say “hunt a royal lidroth and a jyuratodus?”

Yes lol. Thank you Capcom

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
Hell yeah, im still happy

Sloth Socks
May 13, 2005

dangling is the finest of all the arts in all the worlds

Lipstick Apathy
I hate the surprise guy. I hate him. Why's he here. gently caress off!!! Ah!!!

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

In Training posted:

The bazel armor set is fuckin dope for Charge Blade. This is awesome.

It’s every skill you wanted on Gunlance and some of the pieces are really good for LBG too

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Finished all the switch skill hunts with the respective weapons...I've got so many weapons I want to properly try out now that were a lot of fun. Now to allow the update to install...

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

the mad men stealth added bazel

capcom you brilliant bastards

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The cowboy layered armor is only 5 tickets so I guess I won’t be engaging with the layered armor system anymore.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm working on the Ibushi layered set bc the skills are so trash I would never actually wear it but it looks cool.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

can someone do me a favor? i dont have my switch with me and i need to know how much handicraft it takes to give the gargwa hammer green sharpness, working on a build for it instead of working ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

can someone do me a favor? i dont have my switch with me and i need to know how much handicraft it takes to give the gargwa hammer green sharpness, working on a build for it instead of working ftw

It looks like 4 or 5 handicraft for a sliver of blue and green. You'd need protective polish to make it work well probably but it's fat damage. Kiranico has all the weapon trees with their different sharpness levels btw https://mhrise.kiranico.com/data/weapons?scope=wp&value=4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

switched to the Chameleos bow once I fought him, it's a really sick spread bow. still haven't tried any other ammo type for bows

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

It looks like 4 or 5 handicraft for a sliver of blue and green. You'd need protective polish to make it work well probably but it's fat damage. Kiranico has all the weapon trees with their different sharpness levels btw https://mhrise.kiranico.com/data/weapons?scope=wp&value=4

yeah, i'm more looking for how exactly much it takes just to get green. i'm lookin at bludgeoner 3 (works with green, takes the sharpness damage boost to 115 which is 5% below blue) and hoping that i dont need much more than handicraft 2 for it

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Hey they fixed charm tables

Up until now if you were farming charms there was a very limited pool available to each person so if you were going for 2 slot 2 weakness exploit like 90% of people just couldn't ever get it lol

Oh man, the memory of certain charm tables being tied to your character in 3U just struck me like a thunderbolt

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

https://twitter.com/EvilBillMurray/status/1387535210242138115?s=20

i was so proud of this cut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

switched to the Chameleos bow once I fought him, it's a really sick spread bow. still haven't tried any other ammo type for bows

Rapid is definitely king. Dishing out huge damage from a relatively safe distance directly into a weak point feels like cheating.