Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

pretty please?

honestly they don't even use colorful language or anything, the fact he keeps sending angry PMs is funnier than their content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

honestly they don't even use colorful language or anything, the fact he keeps sending angry PMs is funnier than their content

this may have made him angrier.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

lmfao

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

wonder what ol' big ears thinks of this

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

lmao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

lmfao

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I reported you, pray I don't report you further

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

HolePisser1982 posted:

only quoting a small portion of one of his reports so that its not illegal!!

“I demand the right to post in Imp Zone”

lmfao

HolePisser1982 posted:

This forum and specifically bicyclops should NOT be allowed to decide where I can post.

Bicyclops posted:

Bicyclops posted:

holy poo poo lmfao

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
finally picked this up on pc, holy poo poo the framerate....

im going to do this all over again, and then sunbreak...

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Arrhythmia posted:

Fixins Endgame:

lmao

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Arrhythmia posted:

Fixins Endgame:

lol

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Arrhythmia posted:

Fixins Endgame:

Lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

OK insect glaive is fun but it takes twice as long to kill anything as my long sword lol, I feel like LS is pretty busted in this game. It has like three easy counters, dodges, great damage, mobility and basically everything else for the price of some pretty trivial setup.

I've never used long sword before but thought I'd try it in Rise since it fit the theme and all but I think it's ruined all the other weapons for me

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

OK insect glaive is fun but it takes twice as long to kill anything as my long sword lol, I feel like LS is pretty busted in this game. It has like three easy counters, dodges, great damage, mobility and basically everything else for the price of some pretty trivial setup.

I've never used long sword before but thought I'd try it in Rise since it fit the theme and all but I think it's ruined all the other weapons for me

there's a switch art IG gets that really boosts your powered up ground combo that makes it really worth it imo in conjunction with great mobility but LS's counters are fantastic if you're good with them

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

yeah they just kept adding more and more insane moves for the long sword every game and now it’s a beast. pure power.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

new hunting horn is just the better hammer now. i cant go back. buffing people online is so fun

ill probably play this a ton sunday evening, would be sick to hunt together. still very early on

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
as a lifelong hunting horn only player the new horn is fun but i miss the old one. i miss the positioning you had to do with it. i miss using encores to matador dodge out of the way of attacks and poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ive got to boost to HR on my pc file but I would probably be down to do a imp lobby this weekend. i still only have the starting gear...

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

grieving for Gandalf posted:

there's a switch art IG gets that really boosts your powered up ground combo that makes it really worth it imo in conjunction with great mobility but LS's counters are fantastic if you're good with them

Which art is that? I've unlocked the first two and don't really understand tetraseal slash, but I'm desperate to unlock the diving wyvern one. Kind of weird that the final switch arts per weapon are divided into different HR levels imo

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Which art is that? I've unlocked the first two and don't really understand tetraseal slash, but I'm desperate to unlock the diving wyvern one. Kind of weird that the final switch arts per weapon are divided into different HR levels imo

it has been a hot minute since I played the Switch version and I only just broke down and bought the PC version but I remember Tornado Slash and Advancing Roundslash being what I liked

if the Diving Wyvern is the one I remember, it is a lot of fun to dragoon jump on people too

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

as a lifelong hunting horn only player the new horn is fun but i miss the old one. i miss the positioning you had to do with it. i miss using encores to matador dodge out of the way of attacks and poo poo

They should have just made a different weapon, new horn is boring as hell

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wtf horn rules so hard. There’s a few different ways to play. It’s hard to say any of the weapons are boring.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is there any real reason to use the axe part of switchaxe? It feels like with the wire bug reload you can always keep your meter in sword mode.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Despite being my second most used weapon, bow is probably boring. I just pull out one of my super tuned elemental sets whenever I want to delete a monster with ease. Feels strong but you’re always doing the same thing no matter the monster you’re fighting.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Wtf horn rules so hard. There’s a few different ways to play. It’s hard to say any of the weapons are boring.

GU horn is probably my favorite weapon in that game and I loved it in Iceborne too, I just dislike how homogenized the song notes are now in rise. To me it's just a beatstick with auto buffs now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fadam posted:

Is there any real reason to use the axe part of switchaxe? It feels like with the wire bug reload you can always keep your meter in sword mode.

you can buff sword mode with 3+ of the wild swings into overhead slam to make your amped mode charge faster, and once you're amped Axe mode gets a buff based on the weapon type (elemental bonus, status effects, straight raw boost for Power axes etc.)

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

fadam posted:

Your max DPS basic combo is sword, sword, switch to axe , switch to sword, repeat. The horizontal swing switching to axe hits really hard.

In Training posted:

you can buff sword mode with 3+ of the wild swings into overhead slam to make your amped mode charge faster

Watched some epic YouTube math that said this is still slower to reach max charge compared to going straight to sword. But you can prep it and get the buff before you even get to the mon.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Jesus Rakna Kadaki is horrifying lol

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

HolePisser1982 posted:

yeah they just kept adding more and more insane moves for the long sword every game and now it’s a beast. pure power.

I saw someone solo the Behemoth in World using a long sword. It’s crazy

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the way the weapon trees and amount of monsters you can fight just completely explode when you rank up the village, this game rules

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I almost bought the pc version but what tipped the balance was I saw in the games thread that everyone is running a mod that displays everyone’s dps and I don’t need that poo poo in my life when.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I almost bought the pc version but what tipped the balance was I saw in the games thread that everyone is running a mod that displays everyone’s dps and I don’t need that poo poo in my life when.

i havent read games in years and im happier for it. let go

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Finished HR7, Narwa fight was fun if a bit too long/easy. Especially using the glaive which I think probably trivialised a lot of the mechanics involved in getting up to her face, getting to the artillery etc lol. Now for the real game

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

extremebuff posted:

i havent read games in years and im happier for it. let go

I have a sick compulsion to absorb all discussion around whatever I’m playing.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

most of the time i join halfway through a hunt anyway so who cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Im using the mod that gives my palico huge pendulous breasts. Nb: it was recommended by gaijin hunter himself on twitter so back off losers and sjws