Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i have a pretty good horn build going, think im going to give bows a shot. i never tried bow once in world or mhgu so this should be cool.

Bow ftw. I’m not sure how speed runs will shake out but a proper elemental bow set absolutely crushes monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Using the gyro to aim the bow vindicates my childhood self waving controllers around to get an edge while playing sonic the hedgehog

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i have a pretty good horn build going, think im going to give bows a shot. i never tried bow once in world or mhgu so this should be cool.

MHGU bow is an abomination

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
current extreme comfort set is maxed out bludgeoner, minds eye, quick sheath, and the negative crit ramp up skill. but its gonna change. im going to build so much gear...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wanna make a wide range 5 set with speed eating bc it's funny to chug potions at 10x speed

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

In Training posted:

I wanna make a wide range 5 set with speed eating bc it's funny to chug potions at 10x speed

mushroomancer gives you speedeating for the mushrooms i think, that with wide range is a really nice support set

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I saw a video in the games thread saying that bow is busted and it makes sense. It’s so strong.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Building up to max charge and then unleashing max power jump shots into a monsters dome ftw.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i keep pressing y and my guy drinks a potion each time this game is ruined

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Anyone try out the insane gunlance blast dash? It’s the craziest move and every fight turns into trying to make some space so I can fly across the battle field to do an aerial shot hail cutter full burst combo.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

You better believe I'm always blast dashing. no slippery fanged wyverns are getting away from me

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I think it would be cool to have a silkbind or something that could yank monsters back close to you, scorpion style.. Imagine gs pulling a monster back into TCS path. Would probably be pretty broken, maybe only work on smaller mons, but it would be cool

musclebusiness
Jun 30, 2008

https://twitter.com/Wm5Gho/status/1383322387735711745?s=19

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Can't wait for the April Update.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

HolePisser1982 posted:

current extreme comfort set is maxed out bludgeoner, minds eye, quick sheath, and the negative crit ramp up skill. but its gonna change. im going to build so much gear...

This is my hammer set and it's cool to finish an entire hunt without sharpening once

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Anyone try out the insane gunlance blast dash? It’s the craziest move and every fight turns into trying to make some space so I can fly across the battle field to do an aerial shot hail cutter full burst combo.

Yes its amazing. There are too many weapons that do cool things in this game. I beat all the current hunts with Hammer going "Wow hammer is the most fun MH weapon ever, why aren't more people playing this" and then every time I pick up another weapon it feels the same way

Right now I'm working on sets for gunlance, lbg, switch axe, and they're all good and cool. Some of them really really need armor to be good though Switch axe with no rapid morph and no evade extender is like a different weapon

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I'm settling on Lance but I dont really like any of the switch skills ive unlocked so far..........

MacPac
Jun 2, 2006

Grimey Drawer
nintendo plz its my wife, shes very sick, release the monster patch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

been trying to get a Magnamalo orb so I can make the drat arms. handicraft is such a rarity in this game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

🙏

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

:slick:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

April 27th, 10a eastern

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

been trying to get a Magnamalo orb so I can make the drat arms. handicraft is such a rarity in this game

This was like the first difficult thing I grinded for. Spent ages on that orb...

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm trying out charge blade and I dont really like it that much. I think this is the only weapon I've come across where you would actually have to watch a video to figure out the very basics of it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Also, I dont like that the weapon seems to revolve around doing one super powerful move that is difficult to hit. I'm pretty sure that HH Earthshaker does more damage and has less bullshit involved to do it.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Also, I dont like that the weapon seems to revolve around doing one super powerful move that is difficult to hit. I'm pretty sure that HH Earthshaker does more damage and has less bullshit involved to do it.

be humbled by the synchronized buzzsaw boys, lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbj4fcQKI5o

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
btw you can always revert weapon upgrades if you wanna get some mileage outta that almudron/magnamalo/anjanath orb. but whats the fun in that

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

be humbled by the synchronized buzzsaw boys, lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbj4fcQKI5o

Lol jesus christ. Anyway, my new Gamer Goal is to try every weapon and learn it enough to beat their respected Switch Skill quests.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
narga charge blade set with power prolonger and reload up (full phials from yellow glow apparently(?!)) is what i’m working towards at the moment, but it all owns. im like 110 hours in. its so good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SAED is kinda whack in this game, the phial spread is so wide that it's harder than ever to land them nicely. They had to do something I guess to correct from World CB keeping red shield after SAED and it just being extremely OP in that game. There's a lot of wild poo poo you can pull out with CB but honestly after 1000s of hunts with it, I just like doing the X A X A looping combo in axe mode, it's so drat strong all the time

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I wish there were more arena quests, or content in general that incentivizes you to switch it up. Theres a lot of neat things they could do with arena

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Knuc U Kinte posted:

This was like the first difficult thing I grinded for. Spent ages on that orb...

the hardest part i had was trying to convince other players to not capture magnamalo

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I tried out the Swag Axe for the first time and it’s pretty cool. I probably have more than 500 hours across this game and World and I haven’t even tried even half of what’s available.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I tried out the Swag Axe for the first time and it’s pretty cool. I probably have more than 500 hours across this game and World and I haven’t even tried even half of what’s available.
it's probably my favourite weapon in the series but haven't tried it much in Rise yet. forcing myself to learn other stuff

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

it's probably my favourite weapon in the series but haven't tried it much in Rise yet. forcing myself to learn other stuff

It’s like the charge blade, but not for tryhards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
gunlance and hunting horn today. absolutely jonesing for new monsters to fight