Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

apropos to nothing posted:

neo from the matrix type character who can see through all of the bullshit. time with the family is just a kill 10 jagis quest. restaurant wasnt as good as you hoped? well they just mistimed the cooking animation but dont worry, itll still give a slight though not as significant stamina boost. weddings and funerals, unskippable cut scenes. and the only reason you cant communicate effectively with any coworkers, loved ones, or even store cashiers is because they also speak an indecipherable language

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

In Training posted:

We should set up an Imp Zone Hunter Channel or w/e they're called, it lets you just open a room under the guild name and anyone can check it when they log in to see if there are open hub slots

That’s awesome

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Started playing around with DB and SnS since I've never really played them much + wanted to try elemental blight/status for once and they're super sick. DB in particular is ridiculous with evade extender and I might be able to resist relying on hammer, lance or cb for once in my life. Dunno what the tricks are with them but it feels pretty simple to clown on monsters already.

Everything is so good, I missed more of this style of MH.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I spin the wheel every day and every time it gives me a new weapon it's a blast. Extreme psychos are already complaining about charm grinding for the perfect gear but I'll just be happy crafting all the good looking weapons in every single tree and not giving a poo poo.

speaking of good looking weapons, what's a good way to play cb now, I've settled on chainsaw mode during good openings and discharge on tight windows / disengage but idk if that's good or not.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

lol sick, I did not look nearly this good when the wheel gave me GS yesterday. cool weapon too

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Got my first Moderna shot today and I think I’m beginning to care about the meta.

Lmfao

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Accurately predicting location then popping a monster in the head at perfect range is really satisfying. Then there’s all the special coatings and ammo you can use. I still prefer melee but I see the appeal

Plus bow feels a lot like melee pretty often given how close you can be but I’m not good at it so that may be wrong

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

monster hunter ftw

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I desire unemployment levels of time with this game

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I got around to unlocking rage slash last night and it was like everything clicked because I've been dogshit with GS up until now. was just not missing a single charge, tackling through everything like a pro, bullying goss with perfectly lined up rage slashes for max dmg to get parts for his weapon. I feel as mobile as hammer now, gently caress GS is good

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'm so bad at bow. I wanna be good at it but Im just poo poo. I feel like dodgebolt was made for godly speedrunners because I can hardly get it to work on the Toadversary.

me too but it's fun as hell. I get tripped up because of the slight change in controls vs melee. all I've been doing is just dashing into shots and volleys and doing the wirebug jump up move with some charge on cooldown when safe to do so. it feels difficult sometimes to land shots because I've only got joycons and those joysticks feel like poo poo for gunning

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

*seeinga jogger hit his runner's high* brain poisoned. *seeing a happy young couple hold hands* toxic brain syndrome. *witnessing the love in a mother's eyes as she holds a baby* brain poisoned, all of them. brain poisoning, everywhere!!! it's in the water! it's in the air we breathe!

*rod serling intro begins*

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

If anyone is making bow builds for the end game, that headpiece that you get from the arena is actually easy to make. There is an HBG in the Ranjang fight that has a full nargacuga set which makes you basically untouchable. I never used that weapon outside of this fight, didnt even know what the slikbinds did and whupped his rear end solo.

Lol you were not kidding. Felt as safe as a lance

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

You better believe I'm always blast dashing. no slippery fanged wyverns are getting away from me

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I think it would be cool to have a silkbind or something that could yank monsters back close to you, scorpion style.. Imagine gs pulling a monster back into TCS path. Would probably be pretty broken, maybe only work on smaller mons, but it would be cool

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Making a real effort to try out longsword for the first time in 4 games. it's a little disgusting how you can just trash a monster once you have a handle on the counter timings and warm up to monster movesets. over the course of an afternoon yesterday using LS to get parts for the narga weapon, sheath and grinder jewels, etc. I went from ~15 min kill times to 5-7. the thing feels as safe as a lance but you can just put out a ton more damage in the same time frame. sicko mode

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

hell yes apex monsters in regular hunts

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I can live with Teo but kushala is a bit disappointing. I'm hoping that maybe they are more fun to fight in Rise

Regardless I'm going to burn 1000 hours of my life on this game. blessed be

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Hey they fixed charm tables

Up until now if you were farming charms there was a very limited pool available to each person so if you were going for 2 slot 2 weakness exploit like 90% of people just couldn't ever get it lol

Thank goodness. Still going to be really difficult to get anything good though lol

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

Oh my lord / pogged out my gourd / finally got an almudron orb.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

The wirebug fall is itself a goomba stomp every single time, its such a nice mechanical way to reclaim a feeling of control in this fight. I started with World but it seems like this whole series is about your personal journey from fail rear end little cat toy gettng swatted around to ruthless serial killer with a notepad .txt file of which body parts you need to claim for your collection.

when you really learn a monster using any weapon with a counter system is like turning into dexter

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

A zoomer, a dirtbag and a pussy walk into a restaurant. The hostess says “Hi In Training. Table for one?”

Lol.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I don't like Almudron. I don't respect it.

he's a filthy worm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

In Training posted:

Dubya dodging a Seregios scale at a press conference in Sandy Plains

lol