Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ground floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Medium Bowgun

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

You're god drat right.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

100 Greatsword hunts already, here's to 900 more

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

The apex hunts are loving sick, they have the deviant movesets from GU without having to grind all those bullshit tickets...

The tickets weren't the issue...it was them all being urgents lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The final Greatsword switch skill is godlike and I'll never swap back to True Charged Slash.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://streamable.com/dretwe

play greatsword

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The greatest sword

https://streamable.com/uhobb1

I've been a GS main for 4 games now and I didn't think you could ever top the GU one but Rise GS is so drat fun.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I think the rampages are really fun to tryhard and finish all the missions in multiplayer, nothing on a real hunt of course but most of the 7-star ones are hectic enough that I'm still having a ton of fun.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

No. I haven't gone to kiranico once

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

alright charge blade is pretty good too

https://streamable.com/tas83y

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Light Bowgun is epic.

https://streamable.com/tposx7

absolutely anything posted:

monster hunter ftw

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

HBG with Wyvern Shot is basically the new greatsword, completely immobile compared to everything else but does 1400 damage to sleeping monsters. Might be my new second favorite in this game.

LBG is definitely better but drat landing these wyvernshots is fun.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

For super good "S and A rank" skills you can't max out on a talisman, just 1 level below max.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I wish monhun was my second job. first even

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Yeah that's what helped a lot, and skipping the charge on the 2nd slash so I can start lining up the Rage earlier. Wish it was easier to slot focus into a build but I like the set up I have with critical draw and critical boost, feels like some good rear end damage when the stars align

Drop crit draw and instead skip the first charge, IMO. Crit draw is only 40% in this game so focus and wex are even better now... Dunno why they did that

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Actually it's probably longsword's fault

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Don't sleep on your aerial charged slash or strong wide slash (A after aerial charge or strong charge) either. Aerial level 3 into strong wide slash into rage slash is a real quick opener.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

is punish draw cool with this? I could also try make a Tryhard set of all WEX and critical eye since I haven't yet.

I like punish draw a lot more than crit draw for GS in this for sure. It's really hard to get WEX, focus and crit boost right now and of those 3 I'd definitely drop crit boost first. I think the ideal build for me right now would be attack 7, wex 3, focus 3 then just w/e skills come with the armor that allow that to happen until we get more decos lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fungah! posted:

omfg the rathian/rajang turf war rajang grabs rathian by the tail and ragdolls her lmfao

thanks for reminding me that I recorded this earlier
https://streamable.com/l4c4wb

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

April 27th, 10a eastern

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

A PLETHORA of new monsters. Get ready

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/dinominal/status/1387950780779417603

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fungah! posted:

omfg if i get knocked out of the last hit of big bang by some fuckin LS guy one more time i'm going to fuckin burst. i really need to farm up a flinch free deco ASAP

you most certainly have the items for 1 lol. and its a 1 slot skill

I only use it on HBG because then I knock the monster down I go in for a 600 damage wyvern shot on the head and knock all the LS/DB users on their rear end

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I pack it on everything because what else are you gonna use one slots for?

A lot of stuff is 1 slot on guns, recoil down, reload speed and deviation down to name a few. On melee I'd value speed sharpening, free meal, stun resist and elemental attack over it but 1 flinch free deco is enough so if you wanna slot it in there's no reason not to really

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/dinominal/status/1398832317771051010

rage slash + the valstrax armor resentment skill is some good poo poo

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Malzeno ftw

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

:cheersdoge:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Want to see your hours played

time played after the final quest shown here.

Sudden Javelin posted:

One of the awards is for doing all Arena battles with the top rank right? Did you solo or find someone to help? Some of those times are brutal

we're arena gods.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sudden Javelin posted:

Rampages are good with friends or even competent randos

I do know one min max freak who loses his poo poo if every single side mission hasn't been achieved so they also suck if you play with someone like that

however if you play with 3 others like that and are also like that

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I'm not gonna put a lot of time into this game on PC

lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

as a lifelong hunting horn only player the new horn is fun but i miss the old one. i miss the positioning you had to do with it. i miss using encores to matador dodge out of the way of attacks and poo poo

They should have just made a different weapon, new horn is boring as hell

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Wtf horn rules so hard. There’s a few different ways to play. It’s hard to say any of the weapons are boring.

GU horn is probably my favorite weapon in that game and I loved it in Iceborne too, I just dislike how homogenized the song notes are now in rise. To me it's just a beatstick with auto buffs now

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

lmfao

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

not clicking the spoiler but I'm seething. god I wanna play it lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Played a sickening amount of this game today and had to stop bc I hit my forehead with the switch while I was nodding off .

I promised myself I would never do it again, but...looking through my guild card I only need like 25 more crowns. It doesn't seem too bad.

it was always going to happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

KirbyKhan posted:

I bought MH:R because I liked MH:W. I didn't buy the expansions because I remembered I didn't play the expansion in MH:W. Is that the case for this game too?

I like the big crossbow and the little crossbow and maybe the hammer

Is you not playing the expansion the case for this game? Yes, right now it is. Great expansion though