Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mods embed this pls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJtPONx67zU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

making the alt hammer moves from world into a stance dance is 100% magic. i'm so fuckin ready

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

preorder just went through, let's goooo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lo, there do I see rathalos. Lo, there do I see rathian, and zinogre, and diablos. Lo, there do I see the line of my homies, back to the beginning. Lo, they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them on the couch to hunt monsters, and game with them forever!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

found this, thought it might be relevant to the homies ✌️

Yes, The Frog Is Getting Closer To The Treasure Chest
March 21 2021 ☐ Posted by Staff

Q: What does this mean for my horoscope?
“To put it simply, there are major forces at work beyond your control. Things may seem funky for a bit, time slowing, perhaps the frog appearing in retrograde. Perhaps consider reaching out to others, empaths in the tarot and divination communities will be feeling the flux too.”

so yeah, sounds like its temporary, hang in there imps!

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Traditionally in this series, you're the whipping boy - for the first few dozen hours at least - as you get knocked this way and that by all number of beautiful beasts. In Monster Hunter Rise, however, you are OP AF, and I am 100 per cent for it.

It's not so much that the monsters here are a pushover, and more that Rise is willing to push you through it all with a bit more pep and pace than seen in previous games - here you'll be going head to head with new signature beast Magnamalo when an earlier entry would still have you ferrying eggs from one end of the map to another. Hunts are quicker, too - even the later enemies unlocked after the credits roll, itself done after some 20 hours, can be felled in just over 10 minutes if you've half an idea what you're doing. Is that a problem for a series where endurance and hard-edged challenge has often been part of the make-up? Maybe for some but most certainly not for me - and anyway, the reason these things go down so much quicker is because you the player are so much more dynamic than ever before, with so much more in your arsenal.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

fffuck that reviews got me nervous lol. i like to take my time playing these, i'm worried i'll only get to hunt each monster once or twice before endgame

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

if the monsters have particularly low hp or damage values, i’ll just use less powerful gear

its not that so much, i like feeling like i'm building an arsenal of weapons and really figuring out each monster. idk i'm just being retarded

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Ohhh noooo the lore is incomplete

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

didn't he steal hyrule warriors 2 too? someone find the Imp Zone Piracy Cone of Shame.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

spun it and got hammer, wheel is infallible. hammer bros reppin

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lance isnt my style but my buddy's been maining it since monster hunter on ps2 and its fuckin insane, you never stop moving and attacking

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

Closing your eyes to the duration of the meat cooking song and bursting out of bed with PERFECT timing

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

apropos to nothing posted:

neo from the matrix type character who can see through all of the bullshit. time with the family is just a kill 10 jagis quest. restaurant wasnt as good as you hoped? well they just mistimed the cooking animation but dont worry, itll still give a slight though not as significant stamina boost. weddings and funerals, unskippable cut scenes. and the only reason you cant communicate effectively with any coworkers, loved ones, or even store cashiers is because they also speak an indecipherable language

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

when finally presented with the equipment box, I decided on Sword and Shield. Let the journey begin. Does this game have a guild or any kind of in game networking system.

theres an old-school guild hub for online quests, village quests are offline. this is old-school monster hunter and the game kicks rear end yall

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

goferchan posted:

It's not but one of the reviews said there were tests or something you could complete to skip through Hub ranks after getting to a certain point in Village ranks.

maybe the day one patch changed that, it looks like it is for me

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao tetranodon is such a good design. this games rules

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The wheel gave me long sword which seems like a pretty good weapon to start with anyway. The animation for sheathe -> attack is awesome

LS is classic beginner weapon, you should check out hammer and gs too

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

goss harag is such an insanely cool fight, gently caress yeah

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Khezu is loving disgusting

lol yeah. they added that gross rubbery sheen to the armor too, makes it look super hosed up and grody

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

man, ive played 30 hours since friday and this game fuckin kicks rear end. they learned all the right lessons from world and cut the bullshit parts. all the weapons ive played feel dynamic and interesting and the switch skills are the best version of generations' customize your hunter poo poo, they brought back a ton of the personality and charm, and the new monsters are really good except somnocanth. bipping around on wirebugs and running up walls and stuff is great, and the levels feel like theyve got a ton of personality and hidden bits. imo this is mechanically the best monster hunter

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

Is there a bleed status effect in the game?

doesnt seem like it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

whn it comes to bringing back old monsters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFDcoX7s6rE

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

I want to see the huge fat puffer shark from 4U again *fondles locket with his pic*

i got so pumped whn the babies were in the game because i thought he was back, i love that fight so fuckin much. i want all the 4u mons back except seregios, they pretty much all kicked rear end. nerscylla, the seltases, kecha wacha, tetsucabra, zamtrios, they all ruled! gently caress!!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ive kind of thought for a while that a new fight with lao-shan or shen gaoren could be cool, weve got so many new tricks since freedom unite and a rematch could be really cool

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao but also ty for showing me where the subcamp for frozen islands is

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

There are actually two subcamps :ssh:

i just realized that when i hit that subcamp and the name subcamp 2 popped up lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

longsword is real cool but the hammer has my heart forever

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the third hammer skill is so sick, switch skills fuckin rule. so much better than styles in gen

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

Unfortunately my stats will never really improve because I refuse to take off my cowboy outfit and I also have the matching dual blades equipped.

its so good

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Hizke posted:

lmao always at games freaks

lmfao christ

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

this post is so bad i want to do greatsword and longsword weapon combos on you

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

repeatedly doing the hammer upswing in a combo shouting GAMES! FREAK! every time i launch him

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Got my first Moderna shot today and I think I’m beginning to care about the meta.

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Oh gently caress I’m in high rank now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuwLrXX63UY

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i really need to check out bow, i never did in previous games because of the armor split but them getting rid of that is making it tempting. also pablo, you should check out gs, it's way more mobile than you think and the damage is so insanely good

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeah! the grinding is imo the best part of the game because learning how to fight monsters and use weapons better is really fuckin fun and building sets is wicked cool. monster hunter is a journey, not a destination

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

absolutely anything posted:

monster hunter ftw