Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Apparently not only is the endgame really thin at the moment, it doesn't even have an ending lmao

https://www.fanbyte.com/trending/monster-hunter-rise-is-missing-an-ending-at-launch/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

Ohhh noooo the lore is incomplete
I know, I know, just makes me a little hesitant about the postgame lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I got Lance and I'm going to be honest, I'm not following the Wheel's demand. no offence to the Lance boys but not my style.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

goferchan posted:

If you weren't ready to do it, you really shouldn't have spun. It's not a toy.

you're right. I'm going to face my responsibilities

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

that's you.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I tried out the Swag Axe for the first time and it’s pretty cool. I probably have more than 500 hours across this game and World and I haven’t even tried even half of what’s available.
it's probably my favourite weapon in the series but haven't tried it much in Rise yet. forcing myself to learn other stuff

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I keep wondering whether to put the game away for a while and play it again and get in really deep when the PC version + inevitable high rank expansio comes out next year. Endgame is kind of empty at the moment, suspect World was probably like this pre Iceborne

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

the world endgame was grinding for 0.01% drop rate decorations which was terrible. it's okay for a game to run out of content after 100 hours

If it makes me unhappy, it is not

I know more content is coming and post IB world did it really well imo but I'm a little concerned that MH might be tending towards the "live game" or "games as a service" model or whatever you call it. I trust them so far but yeah

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Maybe they'll finally make Kush fun to fight

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

A zoomer, a dirtbag and a pussy walk into a restaurant. The hostess says “Hi In Training. Table for one?”

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Victory Position posted:

I should just start buying Monster Hunter on PC if this is going to be how it releases from now on :(

Yeah I played a bit at launch but always figured I was better holding out for the PC versh lol. Hopefully they implement save transfer or something though.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Tonight, Larry joins the hunt

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Trying Long Sword for the first time and it's really not clicking with me, i van never remember what skills increase the gauge, what skills change its colour, what uses it up etc or what any of that does in combat on a moment to moment basis. Might go back to my World favourites Switch Axe and Insect Glaive, or my 4U Hunting Horn, but I feel like I should keep trying something new.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I got the tude now posted:

Hard animal = bug. Not so difficult is it?

Is a rhino a bug.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I should, uh, maybe have thought a bit more about this.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Why do the credits roll after you beat Magnamolo lol it'd not even the end of low rank

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I was a bit nervous but I found him p easy for a flagship, didn't cart at all even though I haven't really bothered keeping ny gear up ro date, though a Rathian kept appearing and beating the poo poo out of him which helped

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Chuckling at thinking low rank village magnamalo is too easy. That’s the tutorial.
Oh that's good

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

After 1606 days, I have climbed the mountaintop.

All hunts, all sidequests, all awards, all crowns.

After 2,495 successful hunts and countless more failed, I have achieved hunting nirvana.

Most used weapon is Charge Blade, as always, least used is Bow which is kinda trash in GU. My most hunted monster was Silverwind Nargacuga (86 times) and least hunted was a three way tie at 7 hunts between Chameleos (who is way better in Rise), Amatsu and Lao-Shan Lung.

It's been an incredible journey gamers. Thanks to every Imp hunter along the way who made this journey possible. And here's to another 2,495 hunts!

Want to see your hours played

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I don't like Almudron. I don't respect it.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I've only done the tutorial one and don't really want to touch them again unless I absolutely have to

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extremebuff posted:

new hunting horn owns so much. omg. shouting "the damage!" and hootin when I buff everyones crit chance

I've been trying it out and it feels like a completely different weapon, I kind of miss the old one. It was my main 4U weapon and it was really satisfying to get a good qttack/song pattern down, it feels a bit too easy now but is still fun

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

grieving for Gandalf posted:

insect glaive is the real pro weapon. it was buffed so much from how it was in mhw

I was a switch axe/ig guy in World so wasn't going to use them this time, but ig seems a lot of fun this time

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Goss Harang owns. Maybe my favourite new monster so far

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

OK insect glaive is fun but it takes twice as long to kill anything as my long sword lol, I feel like LS is pretty busted in this game. It has like three easy counters, dodges, great damage, mobility and basically everything else for the price of some pretty trivial setup.

I've never used long sword before but thought I'd try it in Rise since it fit the theme and all but I think it's ruined all the other weapons for me

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

grieving for Gandalf posted:

there's a switch art IG gets that really boosts your powered up ground combo that makes it really worth it imo in conjunction with great mobility but LS's counters are fantastic if you're good with them

Which art is that? I've unlocked the first two and don't really understand tetraseal slash, but I'm desperate to unlock the diving wyvern one. Kind of weird that the final switch arts per weapon are divided into different HR levels imo

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Jesus Rakna Kadaki is horrifying lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Finished HR7, Narwa fight was fun if a bit too long/easy. Especially using the glaive which I think probably trivialised a lot of the mechanics involved in getting up to her face, getting to the artillery etc lol. Now for the real game

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I used a mod to display monster health when I got into MHW endgame grinding, not sure I'll do the same in Rise because it definitely changes the feeling of hunts a lot

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I like most of the quality of life changes but I kind of miss the sprawling levels of World. I know it's a Switch game and all but I liked exploring and finding cool stuff + the environmental interactions

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Played this game this morning when my ritalin kicked in and accidentally played for six hours straight lol. Well I'm HR 40 now at least.

They really massacred my boys Teostra and Bazelgeuse from World huh. At least Kushala isn't a complete loving pain any more

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Anyone else on PC finding the online really dead or just not working right? I put out join requests when I run a Rampage and have never had anyone join, I've looked for lobbies and see nothing comes up. It seems to have loads of players so I feel like something's not working right lol.

Also yes I'm posting this while still hyperfocusing on MH, I'm on the couch in the living room and not allowed a controller, I'm in a safe place. However I did three hunts trying to get an Anjanath gem because the Anjanath waist armour seems really useful for a good long sword build. I got the Chameleos LS and it seems great, most of the rest of my outfit is Rajang. I will never take off these amazing flares. Maybe I should get more Narwa stuff. Please someone help me

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Beat Allmother Narwa and still haven't had a single triple cart lol, this is an easy game for MH. Looking forward to some of the challenge quests though

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

This getting to HR 100 business is a bit slow isn't it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

It takes a little time, yeah. But if you’re playing with friends it goes quickly. What system are you on?

PC, I'd be up for some Imp Hunts over the weekend maybe. I'm in Euro time though

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

trying out Gunlance, it's a change from my usual super active mobile weapons... not sure about it. It seems to have some really sick combos though so I'm going to practice. My old friend switch axe is calling out to me though...

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The gunlance full burst combo is the most satisfying thing in the game. Being able to sharpen with a guard point is the icing on the cake.

yeah I think I've nailed this now and it's great, it's basically an infinite too because you can just keep aerial attacking > slam > fullburst > swipe > quick reload > aerial attack > etc

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It would have been nice to get at least one new monster before Sunbreak, I grinded until level 100, killed a Valstrax and made its sword snd then promptly put the game down until June when all that effort will be immediately redundant. Guess that's Monster Huntin life. I definitely have an issue with this style of game where if I don't have a clear goal ahead I immediately lose interest, can't really do the grinding forever for the sake of trying a new weapon thing or anything like that

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Who ready for Sunbreak tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Displeased to report that Sunbreak introduces a group of the most unpleasant and foreboding monsters of all: English people