Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

*Guy who thinks Monster Hunter is Monster Rancher* How do I fit Limp Bizkit’s Significant Other into my Switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Apparently not only is the endgame really thin at the moment, it doesn't even have an ending lmao

https://www.fanbyte.com/trending/monster-hunter-rise-is-missing-an-ending-at-launch/

It’s not called Monster Ending Getter.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kongming posted:

The moment they patch in the ending is when we'll see the real race for Rise Imp Zone Pioneer. It's going to be a bloodbath, folks.

fadam right now:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

hosed up that farmers and bakers get to play this as soon as they wake up.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

apropos to nothing posted:

neo from the matrix type character who can see through all of the bullshit. time with the family is just a kill 10 jagis quest. restaurant wasnt as good as you hoped? well they just mistimed the cooking animation but dont worry, itll still give a slight though not as significant stamina boost. weddings and funerals, unskippable cut scenes. and the only reason you cant communicate effectively with any coworkers, loved ones, or even store cashiers is because they also speak an indecipherable language

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol awesome

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This game is cool

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The wheel gave me long sword which seems like a pretty good weapon to start with anyway. The animation for sheathe -> attack is awesome

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

For years I’ve been a fraud with this username because I didn’t play that much Monster Hunter World. For some reason Rise feels more accessible so far even though it blasts you in the rear end with info up front.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

LS is classic beginner weapon, you should check out hammer and gs too

It seems like there’s pretty much no penalty to switching things around right? Since you can always redo hunts to get upgrade materials

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I tried a bunch of different weapons in the training room, it’s cool that it almost feels like you’re playing an entirely different game with some of them

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

there's some technical magic happening with how stable this game is and how small the load times are

It’s really impressive for the Switch and it looks really nice too

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ok, after doing a couple hub quests with a full party this game fully kicks rear end. It runs very smoothly even with 4 people and dogs and a bunch of monsters on screen. I switched over to hammer

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This game is rapidly turning me into a MonHunHead. The feeling when you do a hub quest and then 3 other people join you is indescribable

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I beat the first level 2 hub quest and took a break and I just keep thinking about monster Hunter

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Me and my palamute heading into a join request in progress

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

Unlocked the gunlance rocket move. Hell fuckin yes, gunlance still rules

https://twitter.com/MH_Canta/status...%5Es1_&ref_url=

Did you name your cat Dog and your dog Cat.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Khezu is loving disgusting

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

theyre a high tier mh player im a fan of for extremely powerful longsword strats, but that’s hosed up. psycho poo poo.

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

lol yeah. they added that gross rubbery sheen to the armor too, makes it look super hosed up and grody

There’s a hammer called Bag O’ Thunder that’s just its big gross mouth on a stick lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Knuc U Kinte posted:

My only complaint so far is that the first few ranks of village are piss easy. I don’t have a lot of time to play so it sucks to just clown on everything within 5 minutes and zero satisfaction.

It feels like the village is pretty much a tutorial which as a noob I appreciate

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

lmao but also ty for showing me where the subcamp for frozen islands is

There are actually two subcamps :ssh:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

longsword is real cool but the hammer has my heart forever

I love hammer

Magnamalo hits like a goddamn truck :stare:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Got a full Anja set. This game kicks so much rear end

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Monster Hunter.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’m pretty much constantly thinking about this game when I’m not playing it now

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Got my first Moderna shot today and I think I’m beginning to care about the meta.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Just did the Apex Arzuros rampage, that poo poo was crazy. Who’s this dragon that’s messing with my girl Hinoa’s mind

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Oh gently caress I’m in high rank now.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The music is so good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I did the apex arzuros rampage multi and it was actually pretty fun.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Got the full Anja S set now. Hammer bros represent

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I hit 7 star last night, I think I might try loving around with some other weapons soon.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Watching some weapon vids and the bow honestly looks fairly sick. Might try that out

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ok I played around with the bow a bit and it kicks rear end. Not used to doing smaller amounts of damage after using the hammer but you can fire off really quick and it's almost like a shotgun spread so you need to keep a pretty close range. And the silkbind attack where you shoot up in the air and can fire off a couple barrages and then slam down is awesome. Coming from hammer it was easy to pick up because it's also all about staying mobile and managing your stamina.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

i really need to check out bow, i never did in previous games because of the armor split but them getting rid of that is making it tempting. also pablo, you should check out gs, it's way more mobile than you think and the damage is so insanely good

GS definitely piqued my interest from the videos I saw too. I'll probably check it out next, I'm working on getting some good bow poo poo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

The Akna Kadaki set is tailor made for a spread bow, it's what I've been using

Nice. I'm rocking almost a full Puki S set which is definitely bow-oriented but I might grind out the spider set.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I realized while trying to get the full Anja S set that I actually enjoy grinding in this game because the core gameplay is so goddamn fun and satisfying. I wish I hadn't slept on MonHun for so long

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I've put in more than 40 hours since launch which is pretty nuts for me to do. Usually I get distracted by other poo poo lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

absolutely anything posted:

monster hunter ftw

:hai: