Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naem
May 29, 2011

The Walrus posted:

actually all the cast members needed to show up every day just to sit in the background and pretend to work lol, im not even kidding. poor steve carrell had to sit in his office alone twiddling his thumbs much of a lot of days.

I show up and pretend to work in an actual office for much, much less money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

naem posted:

I show up and pretend to work in an actual office for much, much less money
i get paid to POST :2bong:

naem
May 29, 2011

numberoneposter posted:

i get paid to POST :2bong:

peas and carrots peas and carrots, Dunder Mifflin peas and carrots

I say into the phone, shuffling papers around and using a stapler loudly as someone walks by,

then 37 minutes of posting

*4 hours monthly of desperate frantic actual work*

repeat for 30+ years

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Bad Purchase posted:

i need to find a way to get in touch with my inner wine mom, then. i've tried to watch the show a couple times due to its cultural relevance, but have never even made it through season 1 before losing interest.

not gonna stop me from posting itt :colbert:

tbf season 1 was poo poo because they were trying to make Michael an equivalent to the Ricky Gervais character, and even the cast will acknowledge it's kind of meh and didn't at all work

Season 2 is where it finally picks up

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Konar posted:

Continually failed at things she tried, lol

lol

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a new study bible! posted:

I'm thinking I'd kiss pam

erin is way cuter honestly

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
It is so bizarre to me they put Erin in the show before they really had a character for her. She is a total blank slate in the episode where Dwight and Andy are doing that dueling banjos type scene to impress her. Think it continued like that for a few episodes too.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

cum posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH1ruMGpTVY

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hooooly poo poo i remember this video but i had no idea it was her lmfao

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

ryan is a funny character i like when he lies about going to thailand lol

also the goodbye toby song lmao

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

numberoneposter posted:

ryan is a funny character i like when he lies about going to thailand lol

also the goodbye toby song lmao

and being a photographer

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

I'm thinking I'd kiss pam

cum posted:

I would kiss them both, along with everyone else on the show, on the forehead and go about my merry way. :3:

There is literally zero male eye candy on the show though.

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
david wallace is pretty handsome. im not gay

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

I'm thinking I'd kiss stan

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

cum posted:

David Wallace has that Suck It money, so it might be worth it to explore the boundaries of your sexuality.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

cum posted:

Meh, he's okay. The least unattractive man on the show is obviously Charles Miner, but Idris Elba is "dad-hot" which I can not get into at all.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
are we just forgetting James Spader was on the show, or what

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Code Jockey posted:

No.

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Code Jockey posted:

i deliberately forgot

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Code Jockey posted:

Who?

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Code Jockey posted:

Robert California would definitely die of a heart attack right after chaining you to a sex swing in his basement.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

When Robert California told Erin that he was a ride she "wouldn't survive" he was actually talking to himself.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Those seasons are memory-holed. The latest episode that ever gets referenced by anyone is like... Scott’s Tots. Anything after that is forgettable.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

mysterious frankie posted:

Robert California would definitely die of a heart attack right after chaining you to a sex swing in his basement.

:barf:

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

YeahTubaMike posted:

There is literally zero eye candy on the show though.

I'm bisexual and I'm not usually picky but I consider very few characters on the show "eye candy"

like some are objectively attractive but for some reason just do nothing for me

I think Roy and Darrel are kinda hot tho

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

YeahTubaMike posted:

There is literally zero male eye candy on the show though.
what about....

THE TRICKSTER JIM!!!

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Erin should have never been a thing - have Kelly take over at receptionist that would have ruled.

PinheadSlim posted:

Same

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

PinheadSlim posted:

I'm bisexual and I'm not usually picky but I consider very few characters on the show "eye candy"

like some are objectively attractive but for some reason just do nothing for me

They're all lit like regular people with unflattering video cameras. Nobody's sexy at the boring rear end office.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

they made everybody look like movie stars in the later seasons. like, you compare season 2 pam with season 7, it’s ridiculous. they completely lost the whole spirit of the thing

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Vegetable posted:

they made everybody look like movie stars in the later seasons. like, you compare season 2 pam with season 7, it’s ridiculous. they completely lost the whole spirit of the thing

This is also something Parks and Rec never quite "had," Office had rules even in the silly years about being able to fit a camera crew in the office space but this rule was never enforced in the other show leading possibly to its detachment from reality and related very abstractly to everyone there dressing like conservative schoolmarms

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
Parks and Rec broke all the mockumentary rules and I'll not stand for it

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Vegetable posted:

I thought Pam's look changed as a result of her getting with Jim, like it was meant to represent her being happy or something

or there was some kind of symbolism to it I dunno

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Parks and Rec got to the point where they'd have like one talking head per episode. and it was otherwise shot like a standard single cam sitcom.

I've got to hand it to The Office for seeing through the camera crew premise, even going as far as to actually follow through with it and have the documentary released as part of the story. On the other hand, sometimes I wish they had dropped it, as it did become increasingly absurd for a film crew to be filming these situations, and how they would even accomplish some of the moments. I find myself having to mentally block that out sometimes when I watch the show. Another thing is often when they are cutting between so many camera angles, the other camera operators would be in the shots if it were real.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

quote:

I've got to hand it to The Office for seeing through the camera crew premise, even going as far as to actually follow through with it and have the documentary released as part of the story. On the other hand, sometimes I wish they had dropped it, as it did become increasingly absurd for a film crew to be filming these situations, and how they would even accomplish some of the moments. I find myself having to mentally block that out sometimes when I watch the show. Another thing is often when they are cutting between so many camera angles, the other camera operators would be in the shots if it were real.

people would always criticize the US office for the idea that a camera crew would follow them for 10 years but after star citizen i think its obvious that it was an elaborate crowd-funding scam. the documentary only got released when the feds started an investigation for fraud like that Nathan for You episode where he has to meet the technical definition of movie after selling LA tourists a bit part in a film

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

The part of The Office where the dude hits the warehouse guy with the mic boom is the worst thing in the show easily, and one of the worst moments from a decent tv show I can think of. Also that tiny little dude would have his head exploded by that giant warehouse worker after going "Ow" for a second.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I tried getting my girlfriend to watch the office with me, and she told me she was incredibly bored after 5 episodes of season 2. This is on one hand another confirmation that she has better taste than me, but it also means I won't be able to re-watch the office for a good while.

She did however love scrubs, so that's a relief.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I'm rewatching Scrubs right now as I type this and its very good, the actual production of the episodes is just excellent. Like, The way the camera sweeps around for punchlines and reveals and stuff.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

all of J.D.'s love interests in Scrubs look the same except for the black girl he dated for 2 episodes and that's honestly my biggest problem with the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

thats fair enough

he also wears blackface at one point in a daydream where he's Turk which isn't good

Also Mandy Moore was his girlfriend in real life, what the hell was she doing with that goofy looking dude?