Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
I like the ninth season the best because it takes the setup of "late stage sitcom becomes cartoonish" and applies it as "cartoonish antics suddenly have real consequences." Dwight almost dies, episode 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Halloween Liker posted:

Which characters would you gently caress?

Erin, Meredith, Kelly, Phyllis

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

PinheadSlim posted:

Pam is the worlds worst artist and Oscars boyfriend at the art show was too nice if anything

I don't think the writers understand what an artist is. Pam animated the logo for the commercial in like, one day, with a computer mouse.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Strategic Tea posted:

It was good in the early seasons when they seemed freer just to make Michael a straight up rear end in a top hat.

Also they hadn't run out of plots so there was less 'let's go to the boardroom/work trip for a WaCkY pReSeNtAtIoN'

It was odd that they all fell in love with michael. EVERYBODY fell in love with michael.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

YeahTubaMike posted:

Michael and Holly are my favorite sitcom couple. Michael and Jan are my second favorite.

Remember when he was seeing Pam's mom? If pam wasn't a construct she would have quit

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
I remember having to tape the episode where roy punches jim, with a vhs tape, because it was holy thursday and I had to go to church

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

owl_pellet posted:

What the heck

30 Rock was the best of the NBC comedies around this time

I was going to agree with this until I remembered they used a Chimney Sweep hat.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
They never wind up in "mayday" malone's bar. an episode with michael and "mayday"

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

PinheadSlim posted:

the weridest part of the end of the show is how a baby got abandoned as a gag lol

I think you mean empowering character moment for doctor who's friend.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Parks and Rec is really brought down by how much it hates people who vote and attend meetings.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

YeahTubaMike posted:

The only thing that pisses me off about this is that Pam basically completely gave up for Jim. Women giving everything up for their heterosexual life partners in movies/TV shows/everything else is so common -- it would have made things more interesting if Pam had been a very successful art student that went on to get a designing job or something, and Jim had to weigh that against HIS dream of being a basketball guy or whatever.

She will find better opportunities in Austin.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

PinheadSlim posted:

I'm bisexual and I'm not usually picky but I consider very few characters on the show "eye candy"

like some are objectively attractive but for some reason just do nothing for me

I think Roy and Darrel are kinda hot tho

They're all lit like regular people with unflattering video cameras. Nobody's sexy at the boring rear end office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Vegetable posted:

they made everybody look like movie stars in the later seasons. like, you compare season 2 pam with season 7, it’s ridiculous. they completely lost the whole spirit of the thing

This is also something Parks and Rec never quite "had," Office had rules even in the silly years about being able to fit a camera crew in the office space but this rule was never enforced in the other show leading possibly to its detachment from reality and related very abstractly to everyone there dressing like conservative schoolmarms