Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I wish Arkansas would stop with the “cold start then come roaring back” thing we love for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kirios posted:

I feel bad for the Arkansas poster here but yeah, we're all rooting for toothpaste in this one.

To be expected! I still think Arkansas will win this game comfortably in the end, but that belief is starting to waver lol

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Grittybeard posted:

I'm not paying a ton of attention here, is Colgate one of those teams where everyone can shoot and can't do anything else or is this one guy doing it and Arkansas randomly ignoring him?

Dunno tbh, just wish Arkansas could make a shot

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Devo Buckets

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

5 fouls against Arkansas already, that’s how you let a team stick around that you should be putting away

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Cool Arkansas going to do nothing for the first 10 minutes of this half too

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

That hit *two* Colgate players on its way out lmao

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

First game of the tournament goes to overtime. Bring on the chaos.

Love it

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Never in doubt, boys

Whew pig :negative:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

McClung and Moody trading flops lol

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Gonna miss him for sure

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Hanging on the rim penalty, booooooo

Guess the refs would have rather him let go and fall on top of the tech player

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Lmao Moody strips the ball and they call him for a foul, it always mystifies me how Pat Adams gets to work Arkansas games because he absolutely hates us

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

xbilkis posted:

I'd be gettin heated about the refs if I was an Arkansas fan

Yuuuuup

Like we choked away the lead on our own so hard to get too terribly mad but they are absolutely screwing it down the stretch here

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Wiltsghost posted:

surprised they didn't blow the whistle on that one

I’m still waiting for it tbh, wasn’t a foul there (at least I don’t think) but that’s the kinda thing that gets called a lot

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Reminder that Oral Roberts was up 10 at halftime on Arkansas in Fayetteville this year so combine with how slow Arkansas has started, they could jump out to a big lead in the first half next week. Won’t make a prediction about end of the game but any bettors my consider taking ORU first half

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Cade is not having a good game, as demonstrated by him getting his shot blocked and then immediately giving up a 3 on the other end

OK State really gonna need him to step up soon or Bid Thief Oregon State are gonna run away with this

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Women’s tournament was 100% chalk through day one

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Friendship ended with Big 10, now Pac 12 is my best friend

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

80 points and only 2 from the bench, wild

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Couple of obvious out of bounds missed and some wildly bad foul calls, fun game deserves better reffing

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I’m glad the announcers have just been letting the refs have it, they’ve been terrible

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Benne posted:

Meanwhile, Colorado/FSU is at the under-16 and neither team has reached 30 points yet

Thankful Maryland/Alabama is going so I don’t have to turn that game on after this one

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

More fouls (13) than made field goals (12) in that half

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

MourningView posted:

yeah because college officiating is trash and they love calling a charge more than I love most of my family that doesn't make it actually a foul

Yuuuuup

If Arkansas had been playing better I would be a lot more mad about that but we haven’t really shown we care about this game so I don’t either

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Zurreco posted:

I'm sorry but your opinion is in fact bad.

:wrong:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Letting the ncaa leading scorer get a good look about killed me lol

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Oh the NIT championship game already happened today, meant to watch that, whoops. I still don’t understand the desire to have a 3rd place game during COVID, though.

In the main tournament, Creighton took a pretty good punch to start the game but aren’t going away. Looking like this could be fun for a little while til Zaga is able to put their foot on the gas and run away

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kirios posted:

I've said it multiple times in this thread but I just don't see how Gonzaga loses. They may be the best college basketball team I've seen since I've been watching it (~20 years now).

It’s really unfair IMO

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

curried lamb of God posted:

Hilariously awful 3rd and 4th foul calls on Barnes

Yeeeep. IMO Florida State needs him out there, “we are gonna sit him til like 5 to go” only works if you’re actually in the game at that point. Just have him stand on the perimeter with his hands straight up on defense or something

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

UCLA should run every other play at Herb Jones initially before kicking elsewhere if they don’t like the look, you have to dare him to reach in and pick up the third IMO

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

This game is just trading runs

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Lmao that’s why you always foul up three

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Even more reason to foul at the end of regulation lmao

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Benne posted:

Maybe they should've just made the free throws

I crunched the numbers and :agreed:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

When ESPN did their re-seed for the elite 8 they had Oregon state at 5 and Houston at 6 lol

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Yeah everyone should be watching the women’s game not whatever the men’s trash is lol

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Lmao I can’t believe this game got good and is tied

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Apparently Houston has never lost in the Elite 8, every time they have made it here they have gone on to the final four, 6-0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

As much as I want to stay up to watch the Hogs I will probably fall asleep pretty soon so I guess I gotta get all my posting in now:

Moses MF Moody

I wish Jalen Tate/JD Notae would stop turning the ball over so much :argh:

DEVO!!!!!!!

Lmao Pat Adams hates the hogs, why is he even working this tournament???? (replace Pat Adams with whoever is calling the game if it’s not him)

:negative: I hate these five minute scoreless streaks

We should really be attacking <Baylor player in foul trouble>

Well, at least the 3 pointer streak lives, 1,075 consecutive games with a made three, gotta take the positives