Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get Ready for Price Time , Bitch

Ordered food from Uber Eats but they hosed up the order from IDOF. So I had to eat someone's trash choice of Shwarma with pickles, roasted red pepper hummus, spinach , tabouleh , and two soups along with some pita. It was alright but I would have preferred my actual order of Shwarma with tahini extra feta , hummus and rice.

Sorry I ate your food person I don't know , but I was hungry. Why pickles goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

both of those sound disgusting af

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
let me get out of the way to use phone delivery/direct from the restaurant wherever possible, don't order using them unless the restaurant literally advertises irl to use grubhub with them, or it's a big chain etc, and also Tip A Freaking Lot

there I think that gets us past the inevitable first page of poo poo

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
I keep ordering rear end but they only send regular food

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i once ordered a dominos pizza and not only did they forget the bacon on the pizza but they forgot to slice it

so i just had a big uncut onion pizza lmao

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Can we also complain about drivers that pick up an order from a shop that is a 5 minutes from your house but they drive to 4 other shops on the other side of the freeway so I get cold food? On the plus side I get a free order the next time but still.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I ordered like, 3 big customized things from taco bell (cgc, crunchwrap, ???)

And they sent me 8 bean/cheese burritos and 8 soft tacos. And a bag full of mild sauce.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get Ready for Price Time , Bitch

I've never ordered food through Ubereats that did not arrive cold.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

numberoneposter posted:

i once ordered a dominos pizza and not only did they forget the bacon on the pizza but they forgot to slice it

I ordered some Dominos this week for Pi day and it arrived over an hour later ice cold. Since the progress app on the website was stuck on "quality check" I had to hunt down their helpbot to complain. The good news is I have $25 of free pizza credit now, but the bad news is I have to call it into that specific store and I'm terrified they'll somehow know that I have you-gotta-call credit because I complained about them.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

never tip, and always use the largest corporation possible to order food with

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Bonzo posted:

Can we also complain about drivers that pick up an order from a shop that is a 5 minutes from your house but they drive to 4 other shops on the other side of the freeway so I get cold food? On the plus side I get a free order the next time but still.

I guarantee you this is not the drivers’ fault, it’s the company’s.

When I worked for Instacart they did this poo poo all the loving time. They make you do pick-up-only orders where you have two or three deliveries right next to the store and then SURPRISE!, your last delivery is all the way on the opposite loving side of town, a 2-hour drive from where you are now! A bunch of people protest it by just refusing to take those last orders, but Instacart never loving changes its policy no matter what. It loving sucks and I promise you that it’s the food delivery app’s fault and the driver has no say in it whatsoever.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I got Panera once and got someone else's orders of 2 salads and stuff. I got refunded and ate as much as I could.

The worst is poo poo like this afternoon I ordered greek gyro and fries with a side of tazatziki and pita and they didn't deliver it. I was counting on that! I don't care that the gyro is huge and the fries are good! I wanted that pita and dip!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Also don’t use Instacart. They suck. Get your groceries delivered by some other company instead. It is literally better for you to go hungry than it is for you to use/give any money to Instacart.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i live in a poorly marked apartment complex surrounded on all sides by poorly marked apartment complexes. i give extremely thorough directions to help with this but it's still a maybe 1/5 chance to have to call them or have them give up on the order while literally driving by my apartment. I heard my neighbor on the phone getting v. exasperated with a driver the other day lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Somewhere, someone ate my order of carnitas ramen with extra noodles and I will have my revenge in this world of the next.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Aardvark! posted:

i live in a poorly marked apartment complex surrounded on all sides by poorly marked apartment complexes. i give extremely thorough directions to help with this but it's still a maybe 1/5 chance to have to call them or have them give up on the order while literally driving by my apartment. I heard my neighbor on the phone getting v. exasperated with a driver the other day lol

Yeah this sucks with apartment complexes. Nobody ever reads the delivery notes and I explicitly put on there not to deliver where the maps software directs them to.

I don’t have the heart to not tip the people who don’t read the directions, because as an occasional Uber driver, the pay was effectively around $9/hr after gas. But god people are idiots.

e: same with bozos that don’t tell me there’s a gate code in order to enter their community. Lotta help that does me, jerk.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

buglord posted:

Yeah this sucks with apartment complexes. Nobody ever reads the delivery notes and I explicitly put on there not to deliver where the maps software directs them to.

I don’t have the heart to not tip the people who don’t read the directions, because as an occasional Uber driver, the pay was effectively around $9/hr after gas. But god people are idiots.

Having been a delivery guy myself, it’s not so much that we don’t read the delivery notes (although a lot of people don’t and I’ve missed a few myself) as it is that we’re always exhausted/in a hurry to get to the next order, and in that tiredness and haste is a tendency to rely on just the GPS software.

Plus exiting out of a GPS app to read a customer’s directions can be pretty dangerous when we’re driving. That poo poo is how wrecks happen. And since the GPS normally at least guides us to the complex, but doesn’t always use the same route to get there, there’s never a guarantee that a customer’s directions are gonna be helpful, especially if the complex in question has multiple entrances and the customer directions start at a different place than where the GPS got us to.

I do always appreciate when a customer gives me some way to easily locate their apartment/building in a big confusing rear end complex. The less I have to call them for help, the better.

buglord posted:

e: same with bozos that don’t tell me there’s a gate code in order to enter their community. Lotta help that does me, jerk.

This, however, is annoying as gently caress. Unless you’re in witness protection or on the run from Lowtax there’s pretty much never a reason not to give your delivery guy the gate code in the notes.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Mar 20, 2021

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

numberoneposter posted:

unsliced is actually good since the pizza doesnt get as mushy on bottom, if you dont have a wheel slicer scissors work great

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

The Walrus posted:

unsliced is actually good since the pizza doesnt get as mushy on bottom, if you dont have a wheel slicer scissors work great
i just folded it and ate it like a giant calzone

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Propaganda Machine posted:

I ordered some Dominos this week for Pi day and it arrived over an hour later ice cold. Since the progress app on the website was stuck on "quality check" I had to hunt down their helpbot to complain. The good news is I have $25 of free pizza credit now, but the bad news is I have to call it into that specific store and I'm terrified they'll somehow know that I have you-gotta-call credit because I complained about them.

Same thing happened to me a few months ago. I just switched to Pizza Hut to avoid the pube pizza I was sure I was going to get ordering from them again. They’d have to know it was a credit because they hosed up.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Aardvark! posted:

this is the bad place, this is hell

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

we were having a wicked rainstorm and decided to order some food. it was a long duration thing, not just a thunderstorm. very saturated.

planned on giving the driver 15 bucks and the change or whatever.

driver just leaves it on our uncovered doorstep. no doorbell, no phonecall. bag of burgs and fries absolutely soaked - technically edible but would you eat a wet burg and sorry fries after paying for all that?

it had to be turned into bird food. we were compensated but wtf. it was daintily dropped on our doorstep.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

no pubes yet sorry posted:

we were having a wicked rainstorm and decided to order some food. it was a long duration thing, not just a thunderstorm. very saturated.

planned on giving the driver 15 bucks and the change or whatever.

driver just leaves it on our uncovered doorstep. no doorbell, no phonecall. bag of burgs and fries absolutely soaked - technically edible but would you eat a wet burg and sorry fries after paying for all that?

it had to be turned into bird food. we were compensated but wtf. it was daintily dropped on our doorstep.

idk about you but i watch the delivery tracker and stand at my front door staring at the peephole waiting in suspense like a loving sicko, and I think they expect you to do that

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
ordering deli sandwiches is the way to go cause it doesnt matter if its cold

but that poo poo is a rip off and having someone call you 4 times cause they cant read or use gps is more annoying and anxiety inducing than even leaving the house lol

i also had a door drash driver text me after delivery to complain about my tip cause i tipped 5 bucks on a 60 dollar bill but the place i ordered from was like 6 minutes away and it was 1 bag and that pissed me off

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

its_my_birthday posted:

ordering deli sandwiches is the way to go cause it doesnt matter if its cold

but that poo poo is a rip off and having someone call you 4 times cause they cant read or use gps is more annoying and anxiety inducing than even leaving the house lol

i also had a door drash driver text me after delivery to complain about my tip cause i tipped 5 bucks on a 60 dollar bill but the place i ordered from was like 6 minutes away and it was 1 bag and that pissed me off

I know I'm a big baby but it would be really hard not to reply with a goatse

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020

PinheadSlim posted:

I know I'm a big baby but it would be really hard not to reply with a goatse

i called to demand a refund cause i figured why not lol and they were able to read the text messages on their end but wouldnt give me a refund

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Aardvark! posted:

I ordered like, 3 big customized things from taco bell (cgc, crunchwrap, ???)

And they sent me 8 bean/cheese burritos and 8 soft tacos. And a bag full of mild sauce.

Man ordering taco bell through these services is annoying because I feel like they got out their way to not include any sauce packets even when requested

Just throw a handful in the bag, god drat

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

excuse me I ordered the french onion not the minestrone

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Dear Watson posted:

Same thing happened to me a few months ago. I just switched to Pizza Hut to avoid the pube pizza I was sure I was going to get ordering from them again. They’d have to know it was a credit because they hosed up.

Fine by me, it would have been bad if hot anyway.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe they were trying to get you to expand you’re horizons op? :shrug:

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Call this close enough, but a box of fancy chocolates from a local place showed up on my doorstep around Christmas. There was a note attached that wasn't addressed to anyone, but signed with "J" who was a person I used to be involved with and started talking to again.

Okay, what a kind gesture! Are we in love again. Maybe this time it's gonna work out. (No.)

No, it was for the house across the street. Coincidence. A furious lady showed up a day later demanding chocolates and/or money for keeping them. I was so blazed that I didn't even know what was happening. Not a good experience!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe somebody got a crush on you and they upgraded your order? :thunk:

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

nothing like a fine ham sandwich!

naem
May 29, 2011

7-11 has a delivery app, for some reason lol

at the start of covid I wanted one of their $5 dollar frozen pizzas they run through an oven and a tallboy and didnt want to leave home so I gave it a shot

I watched the guy arrive on my phone and opened the door to him dropping the pizza out of the box, freak out, and then drive off RUNNING OVER THE PIZZA lol

I had a pic of a pizza with tire treads across it in the street

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

PinheadSlim posted:

idk about you but i watch the delivery tracker and stand at my front door staring at the peephole waiting in suspense like a loving sicko, and I think they expect you to do that

I do the same thing and always feel like a loving sicko. A hungry little gollum.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I tried one of the delivery apps since Wendy's was doing a promotion for a free baconator with an order of some amount or more. I got a cold baconator with no bacon, 45 minutes later. Didn't complain since it'd probably just gently caress the driver over in some way, but that's the one and only time I use one of those apps.

I also live in a complex and don't feel like spending 20 minutes guiding a lost ship into port over the phone every time I want takeout. It's cheaper and easier to just pick it up.

Maka
Mar 18, 2001

redgubbinz posted:

I also live in a complex and don't feel like spending 20 minutes guiding a lost ship into port over the phone every time I want takeout. It's cheaper and easier to just pick it up.

Every time I attempt to place an order and use a promo code for a food delivery service this thought comes to mind and I just say gently caress it and end up driving there to pick it up.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

weird that the first posts here about getting greek/mediterranean food and the only grubhub order i ever got wrong was a gyro and stuffed grape leaves. got two of these tabouli power bowels or some poo poo.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

We don't have this in germany afaik, so I have to ask. Does it really cost like 10 dollars + just to get food delivered through these services? Do restaurants not offer normal delivery anymore in the US? I saw some tweet about people paying like 40 bucks for a meal with this and it boggled my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Son of Rodney posted:

We don't have this in germany afaik, so I have to ask. Does it really cost like 10 dollars + just to get food delivered through these services? Do restaurants not offer normal delivery anymore in the US? I saw some tweet about people paying like 40 bucks for a meal with this and it boggled my mind.

yes it really does, at least if you tip like a decent person

We still have in house delivery, but it's almost exclusively pizza and chinese.