Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
I've got a few things on, but I've been meaning to properly push on with writing something again for a while, so I will probably get in on this. If I do, it'll be an attempt at a stageplay challenge - I've been pootling around with an idea of a one-room heist farce set in an old people's home for a while, and this may be what I need to actually do it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Today for me is a scoping day - I've not had as much prep time as I would have liked and one of the big things I want to achieve is lots of interacting plotlines to really push the farce and the comedy. So far I've beaten the original germ of an idea into a new shape - I don't think it'll be as much of a heist as I'd initially thought, but I think that things are beginning to come together. There's a long way to go, though.

Also, to anyone currently battling with using the google docs extensions, I can recommend shifting to WriterDuet. It's lowered the level of frustration I was feeling when trying to get started! I've used Final Draft in the past which is also excellent, but I'm writing on a truly dodgy laptop and I'd rather be able to access the script online if it dies before the end of the month.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
As a report to keep me honest, I've had a shocking few days where not much has been done, but at least I think I have most of the plotting in a solid place, at least with the setup. I'm a bit of a seat-of-the-pants writer though so I think I'm still in a position where I'll get at least to the end of Act One in the next 10 days and then take stock. Another few days of plotting should then get me into a position to carry on.