Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Ryanbomber posted:

If it's the one I'm thinking of, that's because it's the last note you can possibly get. Does using the event search in a loop setup do anything weird?

Not yet. Probably I just grind it out I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Rody One Half posted:

Not yet. Probably I just grind it out I guess?

Did you do the one with 0 gnosia?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

CHiRAL posted:

Did you do the one with 0 gnosia?

I can't make that setting as of yet

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Setsu 6 is a rather lengthy chain of events. I went ahead and got the steps from this spreadsheet (spoilers) and spoilered each individual step.

quote:

Okay, so the process of getting Setsu 6 is a bit of a doozy, so I'm just going to break this down into multiple steps:
1) Help Raqio win as a Bug (see Yuriko 6), if you fail this, you can simply re-attempt the next time Raqio is a Bug and Yuriko is present
2) A couple loops later, survive a loop together with Setsu for a conversation
3) Event search will be disabled, but you can now set Gnosia to 0, do so, with Crew at 15
4) Yet another couple loops later, you will enter a loop where Setsu does not recognize you
5) Win this loop with Setsu alive

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Okay yeah #1 JUST happened for me, so nothing to do but grind away now.

I like this game and Hades a lot but both of them really suffer for the narrative being partly tied to the RNG.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Yeah, the game's biggest flaw is grinding out that last batch of loops for the handful of events you're still missing. It's worth it but it's pretty tedious until you get there.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

The games own advice of triggering scenes is "try things!" And the advice if you are super stuck is "dont give up!" And to just keep spamming the event viewer button during setup really is the most :derp: part isnt it

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord

Mega64 posted:

Setsu 6 is a rather lengthy chain of events. I went ahead and got the steps from this spreadsheet (spoilers) and spoilered each individual step.
That reminds me, does anything notable happen if you try to set the loop to 0 Gnosia but less than 15 Crew, or to 0 Gnosia but with a Bug present at this part?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

404notfound posted:

Seeing some comments about Chipie in the LP thread, but don't wanna post this spoiler there:

I feel like Chipie's character design was the result of a drawing of a guy with a cat around his neck, but with poor understanding of anatomy. Like, "It looks like the cat is going through his neck... wait a minute, that gives me an idea!"

As someone with a terrible cat allergy, Chipie's existence causes me vicarious suffering. Just imagining having a cat attached to my neck 24/7 makes my eyes itch.

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord
Reviving this thread to share a project I've been working on lately: a spreadsheet of all the "generic" dialogue lines used for standard debates. The categories still need some fine-tuning (especially re. Doubt/Affirm Doubt, winning comments, and nighttime visits) and the format is a bit janky, but hopefully this still makes for an interesting enough resource?

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Zyxyz posted:

Reviving this thread to share a project I've been working on lately: a spreadsheet of all the "generic" dialogue lines used for standard debates. The categories still need some fine-tuning (especially re. Doubt/Affirm Doubt, winning comments, and nighttime visits) and the format is a bit janky, but hopefully this still makes for an interesting enough resource?

Thanks for confirming that Yuriko does in fact have lines for all three kinds of small talk, even if you might never see them.

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord
sorry for the thread necro again, but big news: Gnosia is finally available on Steam! :toot:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Awesome news!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Beat the game recently. Other than the Steam version having a minor bug related to the RNG seed that seemingly refuses to give you certain events if you don't periodically restart the game, it's very good.
I thoroughly enjoyed it and the gameplay didn't get stale or anything. The true ending was pretty satisfying too.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
This game is so good I bought it on Switch 3 weeks ago, beat in a weekend and then re-bought it on steam and beat it there too.

The bugs made the game a lot easier overall while also dragging out its length but at least the devs seem aware of it and are going to fix it.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

FrickenMoron posted:

The bugs made the game a lot easier overall while also dragging out its length but at least the devs seem aware of it and are going to fix it.

Easier? Did they change the game in some way other than not spawning certain events?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Yuriko never used her delete button on me once in the steam version. In general most characters started to use their skills way way later and more rarely until i rebooted the game regularily.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
game owns and i'm not even very far i think...based on how little i've unlocked

when in doubt always vote Raqio off

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

precision posted:

when in doubt always vote Raqio off

This is madness! Not only is Raqio the ideal scapegoat to hold onto until you really need to throw someone under the bus, they are also a gnosia killing machine if they reach the late rounds.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
If you vote off anyone by default its 0 logic Kukrushka.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

FrickenMoron posted:

If you vote off anyone by default its 0 logic Kukrushka.

Kukrushka is the ultimate defensive character, she has stupid high "defense". You can't vote her out without a reason.

The best fall guys in practice, from my experience at least, are Shigemichi, who always somehow manages to get himself frozen on the first round, Stella and Gina.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Jack Trades posted:

Kukrushka is the ultimate defensive character, she has stupid high "defense". You can't vote her out without a reason.

The best fall guys in practice, from my experience at least, are Shigemichi, who always somehow manages to get himself frozen on the first round, Stella and Gina.

He's just the ultimate bad liar, I feel sorry for him tbh.

Also once you have 30+ Charisma you can bully out pretty much everyone except yuriko easily, but it takes a while to get there.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Really hope they'll make a sequel to this, or a different game with the similar concept.
The game is really special and I'm a big fan of games that manage to weave systemic gameplay with narrative, and they've done it fantastically.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Kukrushka is one of the worst characters to go against and also one of the best ones to have on your side because she's so infuriatingly loyal to whoever she likes. Of course, it means you can sometimes get some miracle plays off if she's on your side and you're Gnosis or whatever.

minya
Sep 7, 2004

SUN RA WAS HERE IN HIS ELEMENT
he invited me back for a ride

FrickenMoron posted:

This game is so good I bought it on Switch 3 weeks ago, beat in a weekend
This is so wild to me. I think I'm so bad at this game. I picked it up on Switch when it was released and had a blast playing it, but could never really get a grip on the strategy, especially once all the variables came into play, so I only ever made it probably half way through and then ended up giving up on it.

Wish I was able to make it all the way to see the true ending.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

minya posted:

This is so wild to me. I think I'm so bad at this game. I picked it up on Switch when it was released and had a blast playing it, but could never really get a grip on the strategy, especially once all the variables came into play, so I only ever made it probably half way through and then ended up giving up on it.

At the early game, the most important thing is not to stick out. Try not to be the first to throw an accusion, instead just jump on a dog pile (or disagree with it). That way you piss off less humans, and the gnosia don't mark you as a threat. You should not feel you have to do something on your turn.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

minya posted:

You dont really need too much of a strategy when you have the right stats. If you dont want to grind:

- Leave intuition at 1. Seriously, this is an all or nothing stat.
- Get at least 30 Charisma, Charm and stealth.
- Logic 20 helps a lot for definite human/enemy
- Performance isnt needed if you dont play Gnosia/AC/Bug but absolutely vital for those roles.

Also yes, Charm and Stealth are the most important early stats.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
If you do get intuition, the Say You're Human skill is really nice. It's less useful for actually catching people who are lying, and much more useful for following how people react to it. It does piss people off a fair bit though, so definitely keep your head down for a while afterwards.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Intuition might now be the optimal skill but it's very satisfying.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Dirk the Average posted:

If you do get intuition, the Say You're Human skill is really nice. It's less useful for actually catching people who are lying, and much more useful for following how people react to it. It does piss people off a fair bit though, so definitely keep your head down for a while afterwards.

Although it's worth keeping in mind that it's more useful on some characters than others; Yuriko in particular is a misanthropic jerk and will often refuse to participate even when she's human.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
Been playing this a lot lately.

Commenting here/necroing to scream about the fact that I got the Jonas VS Shigemichi event while I was a part of the Gnosia with Shigemichi.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Hello, hello fellow Gnosia players! Finally found this thread.

Sorry for the shameless self promotion but I am currently running a mafia game based on gnosia.

For those interested, please check out this thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3997691&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post522351459

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

One comment from a past experience with Gnosia mafia is that it may be good to give the Gnosia some time to discuss their gameplan before opening the thread. They can be thrown into a difficult situation basically immediately and it feels bad if they lose because they weren't on the same page / were too slow off the mark with counterclaims.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Sorry to necro the thread but I kind of wanted to replay the game again and was wondering if they fixed the RNG bug game had on Steam launch? Anyone knows?