Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I've never played Werewolf or its like before and this just sounded interesting enough that I popped the $25. Not too far in at all (I assume I'm still in the tutorial) but Yuriko just removed my Ignore Targeting protection :ohdear:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Update: Yuriko murdered me on the second night after we managed to correctly vote off the false Engineer (Gina). Guess 10 Stealth wasn't enough. In the after-action report, it was at least amusing to me that Guardian Angel Raqio tried to defend Gina, who murdered him.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Dirk the Average posted:

That's just a tutorial thing - they want you to stick around for the first few loops so that you can see how things play out before throwing you to the wolves and letting you get voted out/stabbed as well.
I figured. I just hit the loop where Setsu wants to really kick off the plot. Had a tense round before that where Kukrusha, Gina, and SQ all declared Engineer day 1, then SQ was killed, and with the first reports on day 2 I caught Gina in a lie when both of them reported the same person as human, so I knew that SQ was the real Engineer and the other two were likely AC Follower and Gnosia, but it ended up coming down to just me and doctor Jonas against Kukrusha because my convincing powers suck so I could only really watch everyone voting off the humans. But hey, victory.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Oh, lol. Well that's sure a finish. Sitting here agonizing over figuring out who all the Gnosia are but unable to sway the crew in time...and I win because I'm the Bug.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
SQ really loves teaming up with me. So far I'm about 3/5 times where she was Gnosia and stayed "loyal" to me to the end.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Also read the How to Play section, it gives a lot of tips and info about how Likeability and Hate work.
It's really useful documentation. Helped reinforce to me that you don't necessarily want to be too stand-offish, either, because they'll get suspicious if you haven't spoken up in ages just like they get annoyed if you speak up too often.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I'm pretty sure it's related to your stats though: after maxing them out I can constantly act in conversation and it may take days before someone uses shut up.
Oh, right, I am talking more from an early-ish game perspective.

As far as step forward goes, one time before I had it as an available action I was mildly confused about some doctor reports in an early game until I remembered it was day 2 they stepped forward and of course the real doctor was the first person put on ice :v:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Just keep going with whatever. You'll get a thing later on. It's a thing that helps you narrow down the settings of games you should be playing to get events you haven't seen yet.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
As a solo game that's meant to be solved, I'm happy with the cast's foibles. Even when they're infuriatingly in your way.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Otome was Gnosia in like 25 games in a row after I met her and she always cast doubt on me at the first opportunity. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
First time I did the follow-up to Yuriko’s game she killed me on the last night before a Gnosia victory. After I did Small Talk and had been defending her all game. :mad:

At least after that I got a clean single run of Comet’s Gnosia victory. Had some dicey days where Chipie was trying to throw her under the bus, too. Very nice ending, that one.