Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Unlucky7 posted:

Game owns. I donít follow the Switch thread because reasons, but the last time I checked was when the game was announced and it was basically ďWhat the gently caress is this Amongst Us rip off? Wait, itís SINGLE PLAYER? lolĒ, so good to know that itís getting good word of mouth there.

Honestly I was not sure how a thread for the game would do because of its nature, but gently caress it, let it rock.

It goes to show just how many people havenít played a social deduction game before Among Us became super popular because I see the ďAmong Us but with no tasks and itís single playerĒ type reviews and just sigh

Anybody have a good tip to dealing with Bugs and AC Followers? I feel like trying to get the conversation to flow towards people who I think are bugs/followers just gets me merced a lot of the time and I find it hard to even parse who it might be unless they make themselves super obvious by claiming a role or something

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Mar 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Shigi-Hey Stella, do you uh...like sombody

Goddamn it why does this event keep trying to happen one or both of them are gonna die now :sigh:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I was missing one of SQ's last infos and it's the one near the bottom that was labels a Gnosia. I had been spoiled about Gnosia SQ putting you in a collar if you both survive until the end but hadn't seen it myself yet so i figured that was it. But my Gnosia round justnow i accepted one of her requests to team up (she was doing it an awful lot) and...wow i didn't expect to have to try and keep only the 2 of us alive and it was surprisingly hard as i had Comet and Remnan as teammates, but it worked out and now i'm a bit sad :(

At least that explains why she was trying to partner up with me so much, i wonder how much sooner i could have gotten that one.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

With as much as you spammed doubt at the end there i'm surprised the others didn't tell you to shut up and space you right there :v:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Haifisch posted:

Everyone dunks on Shigemichi but I'm convinced Gina is even worse at this than he is.

e:

A large part of it is learning how each character operates so you can pick up on when they're being suspicious, and which characters to pay attention to when they suddenly start going after someone for no apparent reason(looking over the log at the end of each game can help with this, since you can go 'ohhhh, Comet suddenly started picking on Shigemichi because she noticed he was lying'. Or like in the screenshot below, 'oh, everyone turned on Gina because a bunch of people noticed her lying'. :v:).

Unlocking skills(and by extension, the AI characters getting their own skills) also helps reduce the amount of everyone flailing around at random. High intuition can help you notice lies, but it has to be so high for this to be even semi-reliable that I wouldn't invest in intuition just for that.

Whaaa i didn't realize that showed when people's intuition stat procs and such like that! I might have to actually start reading those now.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

It took me longer than expected to unlock that Setsu fact because i always though the "lets play" dialog option was suppose to be said in a taunting or slightly aggressive sort of way

That was a good scene though.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

StarkRavingMad posted:

I'll lay it out (without spoiling the story) if people can't figure it out from that hint, since I never would have found this on my own if I hadn't stumbled across a spoiler, and it's worth seeing.

If you don't want to see the spoiler and want to figure it out for yourself, I'll say that you don't have to worry that you are losing out on the true ending by playing any particular way, you can't screw it up such that you are locked out of the second ending, so feel free to experiment.

Anyway, if you can't figure it out: After you get the first ending and the credits roll, you'll come back to the main screen with a different graphic behind the title. Start a new game in a new slot. I'm not sure if you need to name your character the same or have the same details, but I did. It should be pretty obvious what to do from that point.

Is the obvious bit after going through all the stater loops? I'm on 18 now and nothing has really changed so far

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Ah, my eyes glazed over that option :v: ironically I was looking for something just like that! Just didnít think it would be so immediate

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Does that effect the opening loop with Stella being the guardian angel? since that whole scene starts with her proclaiming her love for you out of nowhere if you're a male character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

The games own advice of triggering scenes is "try things!" And the advice if you are super stuck is "dont give up!" And to just keep spamming the event viewer button during setup really is the most :derp: part isnt it